[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
tendon tearing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: biceps tendon tear.jpg (33 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
biceps tendon tear.jpg
33 KB, 500x500
Guys, i stumbled upon this shit right here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHoKk-kjq8I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZgxkE-2QAw

Im so fucking scared whenever im lifting. I dont fear tearing my chest tendon, but my biceps hurts like a fucking bitch right now. It isnt soreness because the pain is right where my biceps attaches to my forearm.

Tell me /fit/ how the fuck do i prevent this BULLSHIT. Im on such a good path right now, making insane gains, i look like a legit fuccboi. I dont want this shit to ruin my life.

HOW DO I PREVENT THIS, PLEASE TELL ME.

Btw, i warm up before i start lifting heavy and i also stretch my muscles everyday.

I started lifting 8 months ago and im only benching 80kg/180 lbs, that shouldnt do any damage right?
>>
File: 1451717279899.jpg (98 KB, 577x815) Image search: [Google]
1451717279899.jpg
98 KB, 577x815
>>36532574

Tendon tearing isn't a big deal, don't worry.

Mostly stay out of roids and have good nutrition.
For deadlifts, try not to curl the bar with the supinated hand.
>>
>>36532645

Thing is i dont deadlift at all, but i still have pain in my biceps and seeing buff guys who lift for years tearing the biceps or even the chest tendon like in the first video drives me NUTS
>>
>>36532645
This. Only time i tore somthing was when i ran my 2nd cycle. Ended up on the shelf for 1year and a half.
>>
Lift with good form, higher volume instead of doing 1-3rep maxes.

That's pretty much it.

Use wrist straps when deadlifting instead of using hook grip.
>>
>>36532775
What were you running
>>
>>36532800
Jesus christ you are a fucking retard. Stop giving advice if you don't know shit.

>>36532574
Stretch your biceps regularly and do some seated incline curls.
If you decide to deadlift with alternating grip make sure your arm is locked out when starting the lift. If you don't want to use alternating grip, use hook grip or if you never want to compete in powerlifting just use straps for the sets where your grip is to weak. You could also do grip training but most people are to lazy for this.
Also roids will increase your risk for a bicep tear SIGNIFICANTLY
>>
>CLIPS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Why don't people bench in a power rack with safeties
>>
I think I may have a bicep tendon tear as well.
I can lift just fine with my right arm, but it's like the muscle is hanging closer to my body, than my left one is. wat do
>>
>>36532974
I agree but usually gyms have way to few racks which means there will be a shitload of people who want to use it. And if you have 15 benches and one rack people will hate you. I would too. Something like the bench press of fortis would be perfect but there aren't many gyms out there with such good equipment.
>>
>>36533011
If you really have one you would have felt it when it happened. And if you felt it go to a doctor before the muscle shortens and becomes impossible to repair.
>>
>>36532574
>tears a tendon on lmao2.5plaet

fucking roiders lol
>>
>>36532574
been lifting for 4 years, i bench 160 kg for 2-3 reps, 140 for 7, dont often deadlift but i can pull 5 plates. you're worrying too much about tearing anything with those baby weights
>>
>>36533087
I wonder how his progression was. Often they tear shit because the muscle makes fast progress while the tendons can't keep up.
>>
>>36532574

it's because of this that i always DL double overhand now. use straps if necessary
>>
>>36532931
How am I a retard? What did I say wrong?

Going for 1-3 rep maxes is the easiest way to fuck your shit up because your form deteriorates in a desperate attempt to bench 365 or whatever. That makes it very easy to good morning your squat or Supermang your deadlift and fuck yourself up. - what is wrong about that?
>>
>>36533264

Stop posting, you have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>36533087
>>36533153

OP here, i didnt tear any of my tendons yet.

>>36532931
I do the seated incline curls mainly for my biceps and i always use full range of motion. So basically locking out my arm. Thats a good thing to do right?

Why do roids increase the risk of tendon tearing?

I dont roid because im having insane progress in these last 8 months, no problem there.

Anyways thanks for all the advice guys
>>
>>36532574
>HOW DO I PREVENT THIS, PLEASE TELL ME.

This usually happens on roids. The muscles become stronger faster than the tendons... strong enough to literally tear them from the bone.

Also doing mixed grip anything ever.
>>
>>36532574
>>36532574
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pZgxkE-2QAw [Remove]

1:20 watch his bicep just rip back upward
>>
>>36533275
>He knows I'm right and that 1repmaxes are just an ego contest with no purpose besides bragging and exponentially increase your chance of injury
>>
>>36533285
you also are only benching 180 so far, if you are progressing very quickly you will eventually run a risk of an injury.

Something I believe I read here (so take it with a grain of salt) Lifting has more serious injuries than any other sport so its just a matter of time until you do something. I know my back is a little tweaked from heavy deadlifts before I was probably ready for that eight and I have a should pulled right now.. sometimes the best progression is from those who can stay injury free and not suffer the set backs.
>>
>>36533459

>Lifting has more serious injuries than any other sport

Lol not even close.
>>
>>36533459
Lifting is the safest sport by far.

Soccer - gg knees

Football - gg everything, enjoy being in a wheelchair by 30

Baseball - ok I guess but enjoy your shoulders that don't work anymore
>>
>>36532574
Stay away from roids and don't be an obvious retard who can't discern good pain from bad pain. That's it really. Shit like that doesn't happen to sane people who are not on roids.
>>
>>36533564
Gains don't happen either for them tho
>>
>>36533153
This happend to me. 1st cycle was making big gainz. Then my shit tore up. Didnt realise until later this is a common roids probelm. Is there some type of supp to help tendons and ligaments grow with your muscles while roiding i have only ever done that one cycle and havent lookes into it uich since
>>
>>36533549
Boxer here. I just do it as a hobby and spar with some pros these days. I have nerve damage in bolth of my hands. And sometimes my hands will lock closed and i have to wait like 10or15 seconds before i can open them
>>
>>36532775

Mine was PCT. Kept trying to lift what I could during cycle, fucking big mistake.

Yeah I went from a 150kg natty bench to a 185kg bench and thought it'd be okay to even try 175kg off cycle. Dumb.

Managed to do something to my quad too, ligaments in my lowerback as well

Fucking sucks and I am just doing steroids for aesthetics until I achieve my goal body then coming off for good fuck that.
>>
>>36534347

Couldnt a roider possibly prevent this, but NOT adding insane amount of weights every week/months?

I mean its not like roids give you fragile tendons, its because roiders make just insane progress their bodys cant keep up with.

A roider benching 80kg for 1 year makes still more progress than a natty benching 110kg.

What not slow it down ya know?

Asking this because i think about roiding at some point in my life
>>
>>36534424

Fyi my first cycle was 1g test 200mg tren 200mg mast with a kickstart 20mg m1t then finish with 40mg sdrol 2 weeks on both.
Liver is fine, but ran 1g tudca on that cycle.

Currently on 150mg test e, 600mg tren e, GHRP2 80mcg 3x a day with CJC w/o DAC 80mcg 3x a day and 10mg dbol (keeps me happy)
Yes I have gyno, no I don't take AI, my estro is actually just out of range so I don't mind.
My prolactin will register as high but I lack mental sides from it and caber or prami give me mental sides and fuck my cognition so no thanks.
Will take these painful lumps any day over depression and moodiness and shit uni performance. Learned the hard way.
>>
>>36534458

*by not adding insane amount of weights....
>>
>>36534458

Not really ,not without peptides and GH
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.