[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about your past injuries and how much better you feel
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6
File: tear 1.jpg (266 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
tear 1.jpg
266 KB, 1280x960
Tell me about your past injuries and how much better you feel after having received treatment.

For me, it finally happened. I finally got my ACL reconstruction done yesterday, and in 3 short months I can work out with it again, and in one short year I can finally go back to running and making gains instead of being disrupted by constant injury, instability, and pain. Pic related, it's the inside of my knee before they fixed it
>>
>>36532522
how do i prevent this

also,
had a shoulder trouble (supraspinatus)
i was lucky it wasn't a full tear but i had to lay off upper body stuff for 6 months
>>
I had chronic dislocations in my left shoulder
I had keyhole surgery to tighten all the connective tissue around the shoulder cup in 20
It hasn't popped out since and is almost as good as it used to be
>>
>>36532522
So your problem hasn't actually been solved yet? I've got news for you pal - your results will never be better than the amount of energy you put into rehabbing your knee. Simply waiting will do jack shit.
>>
>>36532522
Rehab properly or you're going to have a fucking bum leg for the rest of your life.
>>
>>36532654
I had surgery yesterday and I'm going to start physical therapy in two weeks. I had a menisectomy four months ago and it healed really well.
>>
File: leg brace.jpg (106 KB, 540x720) Image search: [Google]
leg brace.jpg
106 KB, 540x720
>>36532573

You don't get in a bike accident
>>
>>36532522
I fractured my right wrist in primary school
Broke my left wrist ice skating in secondary school
Fractured the right wrist again coming off of a motorbike
Broke My ribs taking the impact of the bike into the chest while hitting the ground during the coming off of the motorbike
>>
>>36532522
I had acl/mwniscus reconstruction surgery 4 months ago and now i can walk,jog,and lift weights. I did have to start from square one and focus on form before hitting 1 pl8 on all my lifts but im pretty ok now aside from the occasional knee ache after an intense work out.
>>
>>36532832
Nice legs. Hope you get back to 100 percent or as close to it as possible soon, anon
>>
>>36532832
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>36532522
i tore the labrum in my right shoulder playing rugby last fall. By now I've built back up to 20-25 miles per week (not gonna be playing rugby any more.)
I'm training for my first marathon this fall and I know I'll have to kick up my distance
>>
strained rotator cuff
only treatment was rest for 3 months or so and after that some daily rubber band action.The shoulder still hurts the day after i do any presses. Feels bad man
>>
>>36532522
Got ACL reconstruction done in December. I can't do deep squats, but almost everything else in the gym feels normal and is allowed. Good luck OP.
>>
File: tear 2.jpg (257 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
tear 2.jpg
257 KB, 1280x960
Any of you have incredible success recovering?
>>
File: daily reminder.jpg (170 KB, 792x847) Image search: [Google]
daily reminder.jpg
170 KB, 792x847
>Feels will never truly heal.

Yeah I am still treating it with lifting, alcohol, and loose women. Its doing better.
>>
File: 1431761057298.gif (580 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1431761057298.gif
580 KB, 480x360
just sprained my ankle
how long should i wait before squatting again ?

also past injuries
>hip got fucked up somehow never knew what it was but it was from fucking with my legs to far apart and thrusting,
>fractured thumb and knuckles that was a pain to bench and dead lift with
so far nothing to serious
>>
dislocated shoulder 2 weeks ago

waiting my MRI to get scheduled to see how badly the labrum is fucked.

I know i'll be able to lift again confidently in 3 months or so, but I was really hoping to play rugby this summer and in the fall. we'll see i guess
>>
>>36532522
>be fatty
>fell down hard playing hacky sack
>twisted my knee
>friend helps me pop it back in
>go to doctors
>turns out I cracked my patella and small pieces of bones are floating around
>get surgery
>get a wake up call to lose weight
>when it finally got healed, I joined a gym
>lose weight
>do leg exercises
>after year, I can squat 3 plate
>>
>>36532606
>>36532606
>I had chronic dislocations in my left shoulder
>I had keyhole surgery to tighten all the connective tissue around the shoulder cup in 20
>It hasn't popped out since and is almost as good as it used to be
Fug

My right should pops out every once in a while if I'm making throwing motions. Am I fucked?
>>
>>36532778
This. This, and fucking this..
Don't be a retarded cunt like me OP. I thought the rehab i had for my tight arm seemed stupid etc.. Well now the mobility of my arm is for ever fucked and I cant even barbell curl (example of wich motion that's fucked). All curls done with my right arm is a mix between normal and hammers.

Fucked my aesthetics hard.
>>
>>36537292
Right, not tight.
Drunk and on my cellphone
>>
>>36537027
holy shit awesome
>>
>>36532522
i got ACL reco on my knee but i re-tore it playing basketball. I don't think i'm gonna get another reco i fucking hate surgery
>>
>>36532522
had iron plates dropped on my foot while spotting and loading at a powerlifting meet in december, and fractured my first metatarsal. i had just squatted 413 and deadlifted 518 the day before, my first time over 400 on squat and over 500 on deadlift ever :(

i was on crutches for 2 months and then got to walk in a boot for a month and a half. just started walking without it 3 days ago. i immediately squatted and pulled the same day i started walking and light weight felt really good, cant wait to get back to it.
>>
>>36537896
>had iron plates dropped on my foot while spotting and loading
haha what an idiot
>>
>>36537904
yeah, it seems pretty stupid of me out of context but the entire situation was just retarded. huge lack of communication between like 4 different people.
>>
chipped bone, torn ligament, bruised bone all on my left elbow then i dislocated it twice afterwards just because of how weak it was. Its been almost 6 weeks bras when will i lift again
>>
File: IMG_2264.jpg (263 KB, 1935x1089) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2264.jpg
263 KB, 1935x1089
I doubt I will ever be 100% again or even >90%, I've been out of the cast/boost for 1.5 months and I can't walk for more than an hour and my mobility is shit especially the inversion and eversion movements
>>
I dislocated my ankles and legs when I was kid around 10 years old, I jumped from the roof and cried like a bitch.
That was the last time something major happened to me, after that just a few burns or cuts from cooking jobs but nothing that would stop me from getting any kind of gainz.
>>
Tore my Acl and slight tears on both my meniscus in one knee. Healed pretty fast but sometimes now I can feel some discomfort since they couldn't fully heal both my meniscus.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.