[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is everyone on /fit/, and on the fitness community in general,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1455461649828.gif (2 MB, 480x270) Image search: [Google]
1455461649828.gif
2 MB, 480x270
Is everyone on /fit/, and on the fitness community in general, depressed or social retarded?

I know I am, and I wish I was never born
>>
>>36531728
I am too, depressed but it's not so bad, lifting gives me something to look forward since I'm still fairly weak
Knowing that some day I will lift two plates fills me with determination
>>
>>36531768

But how does it feel that lifting two plates will not solve any problem in your life, including your depression?
>>
>>36531800
It doesn't solve any problems, it just makes me happy to make progress toward something instead of spinning my wheels feeling sorry for myself
>>
>>36531728

I'd say it's more of a /fit/ thing than the fitness community. It's people you see on the Internet who are depressed. Happy people are too busy to waste time on the Internet.

I used to be extremely depressed and spending too much time on 4chan and Reddit made it worse. They are sites filled with mediocre people complaining about their mediocre lives. I've limited my Internet wasting to weekend evenings and have made noticeable happiness gains.
>>
>>36532454

Also, the Internet is a tough addiction to overcome. At first you will feel withdrawal. You will want to post that thing that's been on your mind, or see if you have any notifications.

Once I started going on just once a week I realized that it's always the same stuff that gets posted anyway. You won't be missing out on some kind of epic 4chan moment. And if you do, it doesn't fucking matter. I'm actually kind of relieved when I come back here and don't understand references.

Take the hours you would have spent on the Internet and do something productive, a hobby, spend time with friends etc. You would be surprised at just how much time is spent just reading the same old shit and not advancing in your life.
>>
>>36532454
>>36532502

Great blogpost...I would have never guess you are a redditor

But seriously, I believe lifting and especially bodybuilding attracts depressed people. If you are happy with your life, why would you change your whole lifestyle, in order to lift heavy things and put them down?
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.