[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are minimalist and barefoot running shoes just a meme? what has
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4
are minimalist and barefoot running shoes just a meme? what has your experience with them been like?
>>
Some of the higher quality soles available without completely breaking the bank. However, no matter what you do, if you wear the five fingers anywhere but a park or on a track you'll be laughed at.
>>
>>36530707
theyre fine but you have to basically start from scratch because your calves will get blasted in a bout 5 minutes the first time. i much prefer them to traditional running shoes with a giant heel, but after using these i wound up getting racing flats. look up mizuno wave universe 5 for an example

>>36530737
>caring about what people think
confirmed hasnt made it yet
>>
>>36530707
I love Em.
All shoes flat now.
They are comfort able and durable in my experience. I honestly hate my work shoes now that I use them for everything else.
>>
>>36531088
which shoes are you using for running currently?
>>
Are unshoes running sandals good? They look comfy.
>>
>>36531133
i would never used sandals. see this >>36530960
for the form factor of sandals without that shit between your toes
>>
if you buy some, go SLOW when you're getting used to them. My first 5k in my lunars blew my legs the fuck out
>>
Why not just run barefooted if that's what you want? Your feet will toughen up before long.
>>
File: 14526145507695.png (25 KB, 198x212) Image search: [Google]
14526145507695.png
25 KB, 198x212
What's the point of wearing these? Aren't shoes cushioned to ease the impact when running
>>
>>36532267
Toughen up feet and legs so you can run more naturally... in theory.
>>
>>36532267
modern popular running shoes have a ginormous heel and lots of cushion.
>pro
they feel good
>con
running with a heel strike and no feedback in your foot is terrible for your long term joint health

these let you strike with mid or forefoot to reduce impact. removing the cushion will let you easily feel when running is uncomfortable, and your body will naturally change form to proper running technique
>>
I like them for running but I am to retarded to walk with them and my Heels hurt as fuck if I walk.
> modern human cant walk barefoot.

How can I learn to walk properly again?
>>
>>36533165
as a kid did you ever sneak downstairs? you weight would fall forefoot first and then back towards your heel. keep that in the back of your head. do it barefoot and take short, slow steps at first. it will be comfy as fuark and eventually youll do it naturally
>>
>>36532267
Theoretically, you're body is supposed to think that it's actually barefoot and absorb the impact foreward of the foot instead of the heel. this is a fairy tale, you'll still hit your heel unless you consciously run with your forefoot.
On the plus side, you're gonna get mad calf gains. Like, mad calf gains.
>>
>>36533320
false. avoiding the heel is natural when you dont have 3 inches of cushion under it
>>
>>36533331
Assuming one has been using normal everyday shoes long enough to develop the pattern of using absorbing impact through ones heels, chances are one is going to do so unless properly barefoot. What's natural to us is our unnatural ways, bruv.
>>
>>36530707
They feel real nice and running is just a different, more wholesome experience with them. But your neighbours will stare and children will point fingers. Overall enjoy your nogains.
>>
File: 1426884479217.png (84 KB, 171x208) Image search: [Google]
1426884479217.png
84 KB, 171x208
>>36530707
>>
Prepare your calfs lol, also I recommend washing them frequently, they start smell terrible after a while
>>
Are there any flat "minimalist" running shoes that I can also lift weights in and also don't look like feet?
>>
>>36530707
been wearing these for a while .. very comfy..great grip from the Vibram Rubber soul and weight nothing.. what's not to like?

I drive a manual BMW so wanted soemthing very light for my feets.. these kill

http://www.amazon.com/Merrell-Trail-Glove-Running-Black/dp/B00B98Q182?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_search_detailpage
>>
>>36536060
Maybe one of these?
http://www.newbalance.com/minimus/
>>
>>36533373
Nah. You get used to it in under a week. I found that running without heel cushioning means heel strikes suddenly register as *GODDAMN TERRIBLE* and you mentally adapt very quickly to use your midfoot. Of course, becoming physically adapted takes longer - my calves burn from a little 5k.

t. guy using NB Minimus
>>
>>36536186
>>36536191
These look pretty neat, thanks.
>>
Crazy flat feet with a touch of planar fasciitis here. Would running in these utterly cripple me?
>>
>>36530707
Ran in them the past year, only started upping distance recently. Doing 6 miles and blew my right knee out. Actually just got fit for a pair of running shoes today, ended up getting lunarglide 7s.
>>
>>36533320
Wait, can I just consciously run on the forefoot and get the same results?
I heard about forefoot once and never looked back, anytime I have to run I immediately stop using the heels
>>
BLISTERS
L
I
S
T
E
R
S
>>
Is running wearing chuck taylors a good idea?
>>
>>36537071
You'll go Super Saiyan in no time.
>>
>>36537523
No, they are 1960s basketball shoes. There have been significant improvements to athletic shoe design in the last 50 years.
>>
>>36533320
I wear regular sneakers and I still don't run on my heel. Why would I pay all the money for those shoes?
>>
The individual toe shit is fuckin gay and unnecessary.

I've had Innov8 bare xf210s for over 2 years now of religious 3x/week gym going and heavy lifting and they're just now starting to break down. I dont do much running though, i mostly got them so I can warm up jog AND go deadlift basically-barefoot without having to take shoes off.
>>
>>36537523
lifting? sure

running? you're insane. just smash your feet with a hammer, dont drag it out over a 30-120min or however long run
>>
I only use those for the river. I get too much LOLs any other place. Pretty cool though imo
>>
>>36536060
Vivobarefoot. Or zero drop shoes from Altra. There are even dress shoes from Tunefootwear.
>>
You want meme shoes? Purchase ultra boosts.
>>
>>36537868
are we supposed to know why ultra boosts are a meme?
>>
>>36530707
There is no evidence that minimalist shoes are better for you
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.