[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the cutoff for being considered fat?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (214 KB, 1500x775) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214 KB, 1500x775
What is the cutoff for being considered fat?
>>
>>36529635
≥ 20% body fat.
>>
>>36529635
Muffin top
>>
>>36529635

The borderline of North America
>>
File: 1457312299022.jpg (46 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
1457312299022.jpg
46 KB, 640x640
Any male over 12% BF is fat.

Women are allowed to be within the fat spectrum, though, as long as it isn't too much and they're still beautiful.
>>
>>36529818
doesn't that depend exclusively on what size pants you wear?
>>
>>36529875
What if they're not beautiful even when skinny?
>>
>>36529945
Then they should be lifting so they can at least have a good body. Better to be a butterface than a notevenherbody.
>>
>>36529937
Apologies.
A muffin top when wearing correct size jeans.
Fify.
>>
I consider a guy fat if his abs aren't at least somewhat visible (given he's not a skeleton who has no abs, or is not builtfat). The large arms with no musculature and definition is another sign.

For girls it mostly depends on distribution, they can be overweight but if it's in their ass/legs/tits then it's fine, they just look thick or chubby. Once their arms start getting big or they get rolls, it's over.
>>
File: ssjh.jpg (151 KB, 448x2500) Image search: [Google]
ssjh.jpg
151 KB, 448x2500
>>36529945
Then they're not fat.

Women shouldn't be skinny though. Slender, sure, but not fucking skinny.
>>
>>36529635
second man from left is fat. It's like in the original willy wanka movie. The german kid was considered fat, although now days he's the average size. little nigga was still fat though.

basically if you have a belly, you fat
>>
>>36530041
>basically if you have a belly, you fat
Yup.
>>
>>36529875
women should have a higher bf% than that, closer to 15-18%
>>
>>36529972
If you have a muffin top you're not wearing the right size jeans you ninny
>>
>>36529978
>arms

This is the most important heuristic for a girl's body. If her arms aren't fat, she's probably good.
>>
>>36529784
this pretty much.

for women it is much harder to decide I would even say it is entirely dependant on fat distribution.
>>
>>36530066
I didn't mean to say the fat spectrum of a girl is the same BF% as the fat spectrum of a man's is - women are naturally fatter -> 12% on a male isn't the same as 12% on a female.

I don't know what 15-18% on a woman even looks like but I'm confident she could be well over 20% and I'd still lick her asshole. The thicker the better.
>>
I have pretty harsh standards for guys, I think that if there's not some clear definition of your chest/core then you're getting too fat, past around 15% is too much unless you're bulking.

For women it should be higher, as a respected member of the high-test scene I think women should have a tummy, but once the ass gets saggy or the arms get fat that's too much. If their distrbution makes the fat end up there first, sucks for them.
>>
>>36530078
If you have enough fat around your waist to have a muffin top you're fat.
>>
where does loose skin figure into this? Makes you look fat not matter how much you lose
>>
>>36529983
Breh
>>
>>36530126
There you go
>>
>>36530126
tfw shredded but still have slight muffin top in the back because I like my belt to be tight, plus dem spinal erectors
>>
File: weight-loss-skin-removal-1[1].png (614 KB, 680x694) Image search: [Google]
weight-loss-skin-removal-1[1].png
614 KB, 680x694
>>36530127

forgot pic
>>
>>36530162
Good for her but gaht dayum
>>
when you don't look fat while sitting
>>
>>36530127
>>36530162
Loose skin is a blessing, imo.

The average american can delude themselves into thinking they're healthy.

>b-but I look just like everyone else, surely I'm not carrying around 20-50lbs of fat! that's just muscle!

the recovering hamplanet knows exactly what is and what isn't fat, because they can literally separate their fat sacks from their musculature.
>>
>>36529834
kek
>>
Question

My abs are slightly showing and I can see my veins on my forearms.

My electronic scale says I´m @ 23% Bodyfat.

Can this be? Or am I lower and the scale is fucked?
>>
>>36531093
very likely that the scale is fucked. 17-18% much more likely

get a dexa scan or use callipers. much better than electronic scales
>>
>>36531093
Post a fucking picture and make it easier for all of us.
>>
>>36529784
but I'm above 20% and my upper abs can be noticed in good lightning
I can post CB in ~1h, cutrently in a bus
>>
>>36531216

didn't even see >>36531093 saying similar things
>>
It really depends on the height and build of someone. Even when somebody looks skinny they can have a relatively high level of visceral fat, and would therefore be no better off than a lot of overweight individuals.

That's why fitness is important regardless of the individual's size. A lot of people seem to believe that once they hit their artificial goal then they're 'safe'.

I would say anything between 12% and 20% body fat is good place to be in regards to general health, the leaner the better. Anything above 25-30% in males is when immediate action must be taken.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.