[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>been doing boxing and bjj for about a year now >can spar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
>been doing boxing and bjj for about a year now
>can spar and roll for a full hour before getting winded
>lift 3 times a week
>diet is clean
>lots of water
>down to 185lbs from about 210lbs.

>Hey, I should add running to my routine
>Can't even job a quarter mile at a leisure pace without getting winded

What the fuck is wrong is with me?
>>
>>36529176
nothing that's normal?
>>
>>36529176
It's a different metabolic pathway and you're using different types of muscle fibers.

A lot of rolling and sparing is fast oxidative glycolytic. Running is more strictly slow twitch.

It's all about SAID principle. Ultimately If you want to be really good at running you have to run.

That's why it's endurance and strength operate on a continuum past initial adaptations.
>>
>>36529176
Your body knows you don't need to run. When you are in a stressful situation your adrenaline starts pumping and you have a fight or flight response. You are trained to choose the FIGHT option so don't need the ability to FLIGHT i.e. run away like a bitch.
>>
>>36529176
How often do you do BJJ/boxing ?
>>
>>36529231
3 or 4 days a week.
>>
>>36529176
>clean

You sound dumb
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.