[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you can be big and still have cardio, why does the basically
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
If you can be big and still have cardio, why does the basically the entire UFC Heavyweight roster has garbage cardio?

Lets just face the fact. If you want to be huge, you are going to have to sacrifice cardio gains.
>>
it's true, but who gives a shit about cardio gains anyway? they're still better fighters than the lower weight classes and they have far more than enough "cardio gains" to be healthy.
>>
>>36528036
if you want to be HUGE then maybe. But even Arnold ran. Tons of boxers (much better examples of athletes than UFC, which is an absolute joke) juggle both fine. Cardio doesn't hurt your gains unless you're doing a metric fuckton of it and not eating enough.

Running 3-5 miles every other day won't hurt you.
>>
>>36528058
>Cardio doesn't hurt your gains unless you're doing a metric fuckton of it and not eating enough.
it does hurt your recovery, which in turn hurts you gains. this can't be solved merely by eating.
>>
>>36528061
Except cardio helps your recovery? Gets blood flowing throughout your entire body to help deliver nutrients. Of course, i'm not talking about heavy cardio like sprinting or hard biking/jump rope. Just a casual run for a few miles.
>>
>>36528085
>i'm not talking about heavy cardio like sprinting or hard biking/jump rope
>jump rope

I can comfortably jump rope at a fast pace for 10-15 minutes, but cannot for the life of my run for 10-15 minutes
>>
>>36528057
Better fighters? Nah. More entertaining? Very likely.
>>
Would it be bad to do cardio before breakfast? Obviously you can't access your full potential, but it is more efficient in terms of burning fat, right? Does it help endurance too or just good for losing fat?
>>
>>36528103
That doesn't make sense, considering jump rope is much more demanding for your cardiovascular system. 10 minutes of jump rope is popularly equated to 30 minutes of running.

Jumping rope expends 720-1000 calories an hour depending on your speed, which is the same as running at about a 6 mile pace
>>
>>36528126
makes no difference, i always work out on empty stomach, you might feel quite uncomfortable at first, but you'll get used to it. supposedly it's a better option when you're trying to lose weight, but not by burning fat per se in the process, but by somehow influencing your metabolism for the rest of the day.
>>
>>36528085
it depends. light cardio won't hurt, but it won't improve your cardio either. cardio that is stressful enough to cause an adaptation will also be stressful enough to have an effect on your recovery from lifting. obviously there are a ton of factors here and it's not black or white, but it's clear that a little bit of cardio won't interfere with anything while training for a marathon certainly will.
>>
>>36528148
I read that doing cardio on an empty stomach helps burning fat, because your body needs those fat reserves to power you, since you haven't eaten anything yet. Not sure how correct this is though
>>
>>36528036
>>36528036

You have to take into consideration the grappling aspect of it.

A good deal of the heavyweights tend to try and grapple and that saps the shit out of your cardio.

Striker based fighters tend to not gas as much unless grappling is involved. No one is invincible from lactic acid buildup.

Look at Hunt and Dos Santos (at least prime Dos Santos) fight when it's purely striking. They hardly gas.

Cain's cardio is pretty freaking awesome for a HW but he was put down by Werdum because of his shitty defence.

>>36528057

>Better fighters

heavyweights can kick the lower divisions ass but only because of their size.

LW and WW are still more fun to watch and the skill base and competitiveness there is better.

LHW used to be the prestigious division during the Shogun, Machida, Lidell eras. Too bad it's now only down to a couple of guys.
>>
>>36528058
>>36528058
>>>36528036 (OP)
>much better examples of athletes than UFC, which is an absolute joke
I'm confused. While UFC fights are shorter than boxing matches, many of the fighters in it are former boxing champions or Muay Thai champions. I'd say that boxers aren't better athletes because the just throw punches, and even Muay Thai fighters are better athletes (probably) because they are throwing and receiving kicks, punches, elbows, knees, clinching up, etc.
>>
>>36528036
>confusing guys who train for a power sport with faggots on /fit/ training for 'aesthetics'
They have a point to what they're doing, you don't, that's the real difference.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.