[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey fit, can you eat pizza, burger, chipotle, any other junk
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (4 MB, 1936x1288) Image search: [Google]
file.png
4 MB, 1936x1288
Hey fit, can you eat pizza, burger, chipotle, any other junk food, every single day and not gain weight if you keep it under the calories limit for maintaining?

I know the rules is calories in vs calories out

but there should be exceptions right? I mean, a burger has around 500 calories, and my limit is 1600 for maintaining,

If for breakfast I eat a salmon can worth 80 calories and whole grain bread worth 45 calories and black coffee no sugar or sugar alternatives

for lunch a burger worth 600 calories + fries 400 calories
and some diet coke 0 calories

and for dinner 5 oz of chicken worth 120 calories and a boiled egg worth 80 clories and two cups of soy milk worth 160 calories

That's 1485 calories in a day. still below my calories limit for maintenance.
If I go a head and repeat for two weeks, same exact thing, every day, would I still keep my weight or is this an exception to the calories in vs calories out rule?
>>
>>36527546
whats that food on the pic?
>>
>is this an exception to the calories in vs calories out rule?

There is no "exception".
>>
>>36527546

Yes you will lose weight it you are under your caloric maintenance.

Are there better ways of cutting?

Yes

Are there more muscle sparing ways of doing it?

Yes

Do you lift?

No
>>
>>36527629
>>36527615
how about belly wise? the reason I care so much about my weight is mostly my appearance, would my belly grow even if I keep losing weight this way?

beer is not heavy but gives you a hell of a belly for example.

>>36527589
They're called "pupusas" I don't know much about them besides they're miraculously delicious
>>
>>36527589
Pupusas.
Think of a non sweet pancake filled with meat or cheese and you eat it with cabbage/cole slaw on top. Its a spanish thing.

And there is no exception to cico.
Eat at a deficit and you will lose weight, your nutrition and muscles might sufferif you eat shit but you will lose weight.

Beer has like 200 calories a bottle thats like 2 slices of bread, thats why people get fat.
>>
>>36527648
>>36527695
>pupusas
Holy shit that looks delicious,any good recipes?
>>
>>36527546
Fuck dude. Now I'm craving pupusas. Thanks.
>>36527589
It is the most delicious thing on the fucking planet. Like 207 cals a poopoo
>>
>>36530237
>Like 207 cals a poopoo
>Like 207

lol
>>
>>36527629
DEVASTATED
>>
>>36530285
that's just for the pupusa
Depending on the kind it can be as low as 187. I make them all the time lol
>>
You can eat pure fucking sugar and still lose weight if you stay below your TDEE
>>
>>36530304
i was laughing at the fact that you said 'like' and followed it up with 207, instead of 200 or 210, etc.
>>
You need to look at food from a macro-nutritional perspective and not a caloric one. You could eat the way you've outlined, and maintain the weight, but your body will lack the nutrients needed to maintain your muscles.

Essentially, you'll be turning your muscle into fat.
>>
Whole grain bread 45kcals? How fucking tiny that is?
>>
>>36527546
Calories in calories out but you will feel like dogshit
>>
Is everything that involves dough considered junkfood? I'm talking about national cuisines as well, because poorer countries have a lot of very tasty foods that include dough.
>>
File: file.png (671 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
file.png
671 KB, 720x404
>>36530393
my bad, I meant multi-grain, still could be whole but I don't think so, pic related is the one I usually buy and that'd be once slice
>>
>>36530393
The whole wheat bread I buy is 100cals per 2 slices
>>
>>36527695
Spain =/= S. America
>>
>>36527546

You're essentially asking if IIFYM is legit. And yes it is, as long as you meet your caloric and macronutrient needs you can eat whatever you want. Is it healthiest way to eat? No. Does it work? Yes.
>>
Yes you could but honestly those foods should only be eaten in moderation
>>
>>36530608

/thread
>>
1600 for maintaining weight?
You should lift sometimes bro
>>
>>36530775

How much do you burn lifting?
>>
>>36530608
This.

Play the long game, OP. Do you want to be /fit/ for the next 10 years or the next 50?
>>
>>36527546

You CAN, but what you're going to find is that 1600 calories worth of junk food ISN'T VERY MUCH FOOD. You're going to be hungry. Really hungry. All the time.
>>
>>36527546
physique wise if you hit the same macros vs eating clean the results will be pretty much the same.

you'll feel like shit though.
>>
>>36531069

To elaborate: A burger and fries is going to pretty much wipe out your entire daily calorie limit. And that's all you get, for the rest of the day.

I'd personally rather feel FULL on foods that are physically larger, but less calorie dense, than junk food: i.e. lean meats, chicken, veggies, rice, and so on.
>>
>>36531002
You will burn some calories but also you will get heavier (muscular) giving you a slight increase in your maintenance. Say you have 2000 cals a day, you can eat a burger and have plenty of room to eat other healthy food while maintaining weight and looking good.
>>
>>36527615
>"""""""""""""""""""""exception""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
>>
>>36527546
I don't get it, why is it so hard for you faggots to just eat healthy. Especially right now, in spring time, just go outside into your garden, and pick some some of the common mallow, stinging nettle, and ground ivy that's literally growing like weeds out there for free, cook them slightly and eat them. The only reason why you have to resort to processed junk foods is if you're a city-bond apartment casual, otherwise healthy super foods literally grow for free just outside (avoid wild mushrooms, though)
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.