[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
GF passive agressively putting down my gym habits
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5
File: cut-the-anchor-loose.jpg (11 KB, 400x320) Image search: [Google]
cut-the-anchor-loose.jpg
11 KB, 400x320
So I've been in the gym on and off for about 4 years. I have a pretty quick metabolism, and a long break from the gym / diet was putting me near hungry skeleton mode. A few weeks ago I sat down and made a 180 day fitness and diet plan to put on some weight, build some strength, and look good for summer.

My girlfriend used to be a gym fanatic. She still teaches Zumba once a week at our gym, but other than that she doesn't workout anymore. She's always saying she needs to lose weight, get in better shape, etc.. She claims she wants to get up and go to the gym with me, but never does in the morning.

Now today we both have the day off and I asked if she'd like to go to the gym. She said she'd love to but she can't make time for it because "someone has to take care of the house, bathe the dogs, cook dinner, etc." and stated that she "wished she had time to worry about going to the gym."

Look, I'm not a workout fanatic by any means. 3 morning a week, I go to the gym for maybe 40-50 minutes. And then I come home and eat right and drink water. I just don't understand how if someone REALLY wants to better themselves, they can find close to a half hour in their day to get into the gym.

I think I answered my own question, but how do other /fit/izens deal with this crap?
>>
kill her and eat her flesh for gains
>>
>>36517588
Deal with it like an adult, directly and explicitly address the issue with her

You're being equally passive-aggressive by just complaing about the problem on an image board
>>
She sounds like a lazy cow, who gives a fuck what she thinks
>>
>>36517588
Dump her. Acting like a bitch is a sign of things to come.
>>
>>36517588
>"someone has to take care of the house, bathe the dogs, cook dinner, etc
do u have autism I wish the girls I dated did this shit.
Every girl I've dated is a slob who just spends hours doing makeup and leaving the house a pig style and cooking is them boiling water and adding pasta

count ur blessings faggot
>>
She might think that if you improve some other girl will take you.

Let her know you are going to the gym to improve for the both of you.
>>
File: ZjaUbfn.png (417 KB, 1246x724) Image search: [Google]
ZjaUbfn.png
417 KB, 1246x724
>>36517588
>>
File: 1455729077823.jpg (61 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
1455729077823.jpg
61 KB, 480x480
>>36517588
She's shunting the responsibility of working out on excuses of too little time due to other more important things to do, which being a woman can only mean that there is SOMETHING ELSE that is bothering her and this is all a form of avoidance of the original problem. Could very well be like what >>36517663
said, she might be afraid of you 'leaving her behind'. Or maybe it cuts into netflix time. Or maybe she really does not have that much time and it bothers her that she has to 'do everything' while you get to go out.
Ask her if she wants to start going together (emphasis on the TOGETHER) and in trade you'll start making breakfast or washing the dogs or something I dunno - if she squirms or looks away a lot when you are talking about it, it means there is a deeper underlying problem.

Trust me I'm a PC Technician.
>>
you know what you have to do OP.
>>
Do you offer to help with house things? If not, she may be upset that it looks like you prioritize yourself over taking care of your shared space.

...unless you don't live together, I guess. Then it might be something else she's not saying. Either way, ask her directly and gently if she's bothered by you going to the gym and why. Otherwise you're both going to stew about it.
>>
File: fattie rewarding system lel.png (55 KB, 904x692) Image search: [Google]
fattie rewarding system lel.png
55 KB, 904x692
>>36517588

> this is how she's gonna end up
Confront gf immediatly
>>
She's saying she wants you to help out more around the house. Find 15 minutes to do the dishes you ungrateful slob.
>>
>>36517643
cant let that bish have too much power.if you can't persuade her you'll have to accept what she wants to do with her life but you need to decide if you can live with it. and if you see her becoming a slob and you don't like that you know what you have to do.

>>36517831
this probably too. maybe you're lazy in non-gym areas of your life.
>>
>>36517588
she isn't putting you down , it's just that she doesn't care about the gym anymore

>>36517815
is a possible future scenario, op
>>
You girlfriend is living in the real world while you're off chasing an infantile dream of becoming your favorite super hero because you have issues with masculinity and power.

She should throw your worthless ass out on the street. You should man up and try to help her instead of dicking around in the gym. You're not bettering yourself, you're wasting time and energy on a bullshit pursuit with no rewards besides feeding your own ego.
>>
>>36517872
i don't believe you believe that.
>>
>>36517588
She'll only try to look better if she thinks there's a chance you'll leave.
>>
File: 1457205018172.jpg (73 KB, 682x518) Image search: [Google]
1457205018172.jpg
73 KB, 682x518
>>36517872
OP's gf pls leave
>>
>>36517588

You're retarded if you marry her. She's hanging on by a thread now and if you marry her she's going to go complete whalemode and bloat up to be an obese disgusting piece of shit.

You should drop her. She'll gain 50lb in the first year of marriage, guaranteed. DO NOT MARRY or you'll be one of those relatively fit guys with the mashed-potato hippo wife that you see on the street and feel sorry for them.
>>
>>36517872
Lmfao, girls need to motivate themselves. Every guy I've ever met that tried to make their girl go to the gym ended up being dumped or cucked after she gets fit again. Dick whipping them by hanging and meeting new women (not cheating) is the only way for them to motivate themselves because they fear losing you
>>
>>36517900

This is it right here m8.

It is the only way.

My gf is overweight. She was overweight when we started. About 3months in she asked if it bothered me. I said it did a little bit but not enough to be a problem. She then gained 30lb.

I then told her it was a problem and that I would help her fix it. 6 months later no real progress.

I then told her in no uncertain terms that if she had not made real and consistent progress by this summer that I could not continue the relationship.

She is down 15lbs in 3 months and tracks all her cals. I truely believe she is going to make it.

You need to make her believe you will leave, but also that you do not want to.
>>
OP here. Funny how since I didn't specify, so many people assume I'm some type of NEET.

We both have careers. We do live together. I do plenty around the house while also going for my PHD and working.

It's not a matter of her not having enough time, it's a matter of her not making the time. If you want something, go get it.
>>
>>36517662
That is not a full day, that takes about 45 minutes... Source: home owner
>>
>>36517637
>You're being equally passive-aggressive by just complaing about the problem on an image board
No he is not. He is sharing his thoughts and hopes that anyone has been in a similar situation and can share some good advice or solutions.
>>
>>36518118
You're not a woman, you wouldn't understand. See, women have this retarded idea that "this will look great in the house", or "omg that's so cute, let's hang it in the living room", whereas a guy will be fine with a simple desk and a stool.

If you have almost no objects in your home, clean up is a breeze. On the other hand, if you a billion cute trinkets, clean up could take days. And unless you find yourself a woman who has disciplined herself in design and knows the value of empty space (like that Japanese woman who wrote that book about throwing shit out), you're going to wind up with either an impossibly messy house, or no time for anything other than cleaning.
>>
>>36517637
Vagina detected.

What you're suggesting sounds so reasonable but we all know that "directly and explicitly addressing" the issue with her will just lead to a temper tantrum. This is a woman we're talking about.

The ONLY way to influence her behavior with regards to working out and eating right is to make her think you've got other options and that you might leave her. THAT'S IT. THIS IS THE ONLY WAY. Talking about this stuff with a woman is entirely pointless. You have to demonstrate to her that you are willing to fucking walk, OP.

>deal with it like an adult
And how often does "dealing with it like an adult" actually work? It doesn't. Verbal communication is not the answer. You have to manipulate your girl, OP. It's just how their woman brains work. So sorry.

So fucking glad I'm homo and don't have to put up with these cunts.
>>
>>36517662
How big is your house and what care is required? If you're clean and live in a 3 bedroom or something, she has to sweep maybe two times a week, clean the bathroom once a week, and the rest of the stuff you do is either really infrequent (like washing windows) or incidental (like wiping down the counter after cooking).
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.