[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw was in a relationship for 4 years and didnt work out
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: 1375038777112.jpg (489 KB, 1024x769) Image search: [Google]
1375038777112.jpg
489 KB, 1024x769
>tfw was in a relationship for 4 years and didnt work out
>didnt feel I was justified to hang on /fit/ anymore
>recently broke up
>started working out again
>tfw I finally feel justified to hang on /fit/ once again

Tell me about your relationships, friends, and how it affects your lifting
>>
File: mensprogression2.png (2 MB, 720x2852) Image search: [Google]
mensprogression2.png
2 MB, 720x2852
Welcome back you, brah. We're all gonna make it
>>
It doesn't affect my lifting because I'm able to exist as a person independent of someone else
>>
>>36517319
you'll just leave again in your next relationship ;u;
>>
I have a hard time hanging out worth friends and not drinking, also hanging out and drinking > lifting and it shouldn't be. I have a decent amount of friends and I find it hard to say no. That one day a week easily becomes 2 or 3 and PPL gets ducked at that point
>>
Find a girlfriend that is also into fitness. Mine just does whatever the fuck I do, so she always tags along to the gym with me.
>>
It makes me sad talking like that behind her back but I need to broke up brehs .
life started to be a suffering she was my best friend its a long story but I will want to live my life like i want to .
everyday i feel beta
hold me brehs
>>
>tfw gf is a gains enabler

>She takes progress pics
>Reminds me to take my supps
>Bugs me to eat when I dont feel like it and will cook me whatever I want
>Post workout rubdowns
>Touches my abs and purrs

My progress encourages her progress

Symbiotic gains life brehs
>>
>>36517319
>how relatioonships affect lifting
It doesn't. I go to the gym for me. Anyone who discourages me from going to the gym is a bad influence, even if it is inherent.
>>
File: 1393439475969.png (124 KB, 277x269) Image search: [Google]
1393439475969.png
124 KB, 277x269
I had a bit of a shock after Christmas when I visited the doctor and had put on about 6 or 7 kg in the space of 3 months. I also had a gf at the time who disregarded anything I said about weight loss (despite the fact I lost close to 50kg) in favour of memes.

She was overweight and never lost any fat at all. No motivation from her.

Started dieting and running more. Some nights running 8k while eating only 1500 kcal. Commuting via walking was an extra hour per day too.

Relationship fell apart quite quickly after a series of arguments.

Not even a week later I spoke to some fit grill who took a liking to me. We talked more on fb n went for a date. It went really well. Ended up sending silly gym pics to each other over the next few weeks and ensuring each other went to gym/ate well. Dates just keep being awesome. My weight is on a steady decline and my lifts are going back up. Routine is solid.

Last Saturday we slept together.

Yesterday she texts me saying she is uncomfortable about it because of her ex, she has blocked him out of her life for good now but she needs time to get over some trust issues due to him spying/harassing her. She wants to keep in contact but is unsure of what she wants despite enjoying Saturday night - maybe even going back home to Hungary. Says she will call me at some point to see if I want to go out...

I went to the gym this morning but I was low energy. This has really bummed me out but I am maintaining diet and at least I did go lift.
>>
>>36517545
M8 dont ever give up now .
I understand that fit grill is great this and that . but the greater thing is that now you can date woth girls like that.
go on breh god speed.
>>
These are the threads that I really like to post and imo they are the most important ones.
>>
>>36517446
I felt exactly like you until yesterday.
I broke up with her and she just cried and insulted me because of how i stayed calm while telling her that im breaking up.we were very close and she said that ihad a heart if stone
> feels bad man
But you should definetly break up when the love is gone, its simply the only way bro.
I felt reborn and full of energy after breaking up with her, tho i cried like a bitch tonight but that was just because i had nobody else except for her and now im fucking alone again
>>
Got out of a 3 year relationship last week, she ended it. Up until the conversation, I didn't see it coming at all. She's a younger girl who grew up in a super loving family and never was in a long term relationship, so she never learned to communicate when it came to important relationship shit.

It sucks because I ended up making my share of sacrifices for us and now I've had to move away from all the friends I made over those years. But it hasn't negatively affected lifting, other than I need a new gym. Oh well though.

You have to remember that the things that got you into a relationship are still going for you. And don't be committed to someone who isn't savvy about relationships. I know everyone wants a pure waifu, but you need someone who understands relationships and how to make it work. At least for me, I have zero interest in a long term relationship with someone younger than about 23.
>>
>>36517319

> letting yourself go while being in relationship

such a rookie mistake, anon
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.