[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I started doing deadlifts 6 months ago, back then 100kg x 5 reps
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
I started doing deadlifts 6 months ago, back then 100kg x 5 reps was my max. Yesterday i manage to pull 160 kg for 5 reps. I set my goal to 200kg x 5 reps by the end of the year. Do you think it is plausible or should i calm my expectations?
>>
>>36517270
If you eat right, yeah it's very plausible. Just remember to give your body the rest it needs.
>>
File: 1455649773661.jpg (260 KB, 703x1050) Image search: [Google]
1455649773661.jpg
260 KB, 703x1050
>>36517270
Unless you're very gifted it probably isn't going to happen, shoot for 180kg x5 instead.
>>
>>36517270
noob gains are unpredictable OP, i started doing deadlifts in july and could only max at 225lb, last week i managed a PR of 405lb. im still putting weights on the bar every week, but my DLs are REALLY starting to take a toll on me. im fucking fried the next day, so im certain my noob gain train is gonna derail pretty soon.
>>
>>36517362

maybe you are pulling too much weight on your regular training. Personaly i try to not go beyond my regural grip stranght in day to day training and it kinda works for me
>>
>>36517385
that could be it, i started using straps to go past what i was able to hold. i can only do about 2 or 3 reps with 300lbs before my grip gives out. i bumped that up to 350lbs easily with straps. i think you're right, i should ditch the straps and let my grip decide how much i can lift, ive been pretty proud of my gains so far and am terrified of landing in snap city.
>>
>>36517416
well my confirmed max is a lot lower then yours but i manage to do 5 reps with 140kg (308lbs) with regular grip
>>
>>36517416
Protip - use straps for reps only.
Anybody should do their 5RMs without straps.
Nobody does their 10RMs and 15RMs without straps.
>>
>>36517270

I did it in a year, you should be able to too. 200 isnt that heavy.
>>
Just did my first deads in a while today, 1x5 when I pull, should i reset and get tight everytime, like stand up then bend over grab bar and pull myself tight, seems like the first rep is always my most confident one.
>>
>>36518125
the bar should be on the ground each time you lift it - dont bounce the weight, move it from a dead stop (hence, dead-lift)
>>
what are your deadlift routines? i cant figure that shit out
>>
>>36518168
He means when he finishes his first rep, can he let go off the bar and get back into form again in order to do the second rep
>>
>>36518232
i do this when my grip starts to get weak, take an extra second or two to recover before lifting again.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.