[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do you turn off your brain? I'm always thinking, or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: Myi5pXr.jpg (3 MB, 2550x4200) Image search: [Google]
Myi5pXr.jpg
3 MB, 2550x4200
How do you turn off your brain? I'm always thinking, or focusing on something random. It makes it ridiculously hard to sleep, and it's difficult to even watch a movie or TV show. I don't do drugs, and my wife doesn't like when I drink too much/often. Any advice?
>>
I'd like to know too, as it's a stress thing for me. You may just have ADD or something though.
>>
Focus on the present.
>>
>>36514696

Maybe try meditation to try help switch off
I don't do it, but I heard it can help
>>
Look up "mindfulness", OP. There are many little things to can do to remind yourself to be more grounded in the present. Hope it helps.
>>
Same OP, no clue what to do. I don't even go to class anymore because my mind is racing and I'm only *present" for the first 5 minutes of the lecture.
>>
>>36514696
Alcohol
Ritalin
Melatonin
Helium Bags
>my wife
take your son's wife to the gym and teach him something

>has a wife
>on /fit/
>can't sleep
>probably doesn't even have sex with his "wife"
>probably his "wife" is either a creation of his mind or she's too busy having fun with Jamal every evening
>that's why he doesn't fall asleep after sex
>>
Step 1:
add 4chan.org to your hosts file
>>
>>36514760
>>>36514696 (OP) (You)
>Alcohol
>Ritalin
>Melatonin
>Helium Bags
>>my wife
>take your son's wife to the gym and teach him something
>>has a wife
>>on /fit/
>>can't sleep
>>probably doesn't even have sex with his "wife"
>>probably his "wife" is either a creation of his mind or she's too busy having fun with Jamal every evening
>>that's why he doesn't fall asleep after sex
Hahahaa. If you think you have sex every night after your first year of marriage, you're delusional.
>>
>>36514710
Maybe. I take two antidepressants and baclofen to help with restless legs. I'm still working with my doc.
>>
>>36514807
Get outta here, grandpa
>>
>>36514815
>>>36514807 (You)
>Get outta here, grandpa
You damn kids.
>>
>>36514751
I have OCD and this helps me a lot when I'm having an episode
>>
>>36514696
Quit drinking caffeine
>>
>>36514696
At night just before bed, I'll never go to sleep if I don't actively try to. I'll sit up for hours thinking about pointless crap. But what I do to help myself go to sleep is just try and envision a black square. Or some kind of black void. Nothing but black, and soon I'm asleep.

It might work for you, idk.
>>
>>36514928
>>>36514696 (OP) (You)
>Quit drinking caffeine
It's been a while since I've stopped drinking it altogether, but I don't drink it 3-5 hours before bed.
>>
>>36514940
this think of literally black wall, no counting shit, no remembering talks you had with anyone, or lines of text
>>
>>36514940
I'll try that. If I count sheep, I feel sleepy, but when I stop, I'm sleepy for a few minutes, and then it's back to being tired but unable to sleep.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.