[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the closer i got to 200 on my squat the more my back hurt, eventually
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: halfsquat-fuck.jpg (12 KB, 250x249) Image search: [Google]
halfsquat-fuck.jpg
12 KB, 250x249
the closer i got to 200 on my squat the more my back hurt, eventually i hit 195 and my back would be shattered when i got home. Obviously i'm doing this extremely wrong and need to check my form.

I've looked at youtube videos, SS book, and more and still i get backpain when i fucking do it. I've switched to legpress for the time being, but it's just not the same

Can anyone share what they used to learn squat form? I'd like to continue past 200 already
>>
>>36509759
youtube videos and SS
You need to give us at least a picture of you squatting in order for us to help you. Video record yourself if possible.
>>
Tell me exactly what you do step by step so I can maybe help you.
>>
>>36509759

Hey! I had the same thing happen a few times now. Had form checks and I'm told I'm doing it fine so I'm just thinking of becoming a curl bro. Getting a little weird squatting 185 with ease while my bench press has climbed up to 180.
>>
>>36509784
>put bar on back above like the picture shows
>push chest out
>push ass back
>lower below parallel
>when i hit depth i come back by lifting ass
>repeat

This is pretty much it

>>36509793
yeah its awful cause my squat was moving up like crazy
>>
>>36509832
You have to squeeze shoulder blades together to keep back tight. You also need to know where to put the bar(right under spine of the scapula watch rips video bar position). Also dont breathe in ur chest but more like in ur belly. You have to brace.
>>
I had the same problem, and I had several PTs tell me my form was great.

The pain went away the second I switched from Low Bar to High Bar.
>>
The only problem I have on squats is my knees start to cave in or shake, but I try my best to keep it above my feet thus slowing my bar speed down heavily. Am I doing it right bros?
>>
Do front squats
>>
>>36509832
>chest out
>ass back

you probably have back way too curved

>I come back by lifting ass
as in do you lift your ass first and back follows? You should raise evenly
>>
>>36510071
Did you break with your knees or glutes? For high bar, I found breaking at the knees allows you to go deep and stay upright. Along with obviously squeezing my ass and tailbone upward.
>>
>>36509759
how tall are you OP?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VnV7vEi7Sz8

there ya go
>>
post a video. there could be several things wrong, and anyone trying to give you advice based on the information you've given is clearly a moron.
>>
>>36510168
For Low Bar I broke at the glutes.

For High Bar, all the videos I watched said to break at the knees slightly before the glutes.
>>
>>36509759
>Obviously i'm doing this extremely wrong and need to check my form.
How can you type that out and then not post a fuckin video? Also, get form checked on the SS forum.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.