[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey anons , tommorow im going to the gym for the first time in
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: costanza-chrissy-image.jpg (14 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
costanza-chrissy-image.jpg
14 KB, 300x300
Hey anons , tommorow im going to the gym for the first time in my life , I'm 10kg over the average weight for my height , I already made a schedule for my sets and such , is there any tips for a new guy ?
>>
>>36508859
wear flat footed shoes. dont wear a tank top. bring music if they only play "pop shit" or "jammin oldies"
>>
File: pantsu pepe.jpg (33 KB, 396x385) Image search: [Google]
pantsu pepe.jpg
33 KB, 396x385
>>36508859
Read the fucking sticky you humongous faggot. Jesus, I hate you so fucking much
>>
>>36508884
I've read it already you goddamn autist , I'm looking for things that werent mentioned in the sticky
>>
remember to warm up, start with only the barbell

if you're confused about something, rather ask people around than make a fool out of yourself

If you ever find yourself think "I wonder if I can", don't try. When you can, you'll know

watch more form tutorials and focus on your form
>>
>>36508859
Don't curl in the squat rack, do shit with proper form (nobody's gonna give a shit how little weight you're doing as long as the form is there), and don't be afraid to talk to people or ask for spots, just make sure you don't do it in the middle of their fucking set.
>>
>>36508859
don't drop the soap..
that was my first and last mistake
>>
>>36508921
did the dick kill you ?
>>
Put the fucking clips on the fucking smith machine, if you plan on using it. All the newbies show up and then go "I don't need them it's stable enough haha" and end up destroying the equipment. I had to call the front desks guys on so many of them it's infuriating. Also bring a towel and bottle of water you disgusting sweaty piece of shit.
>>
>>36508941
after it killed your mom
>>
>>36508951
disregard
>>
>>36508975
Why ?
>>
>>36508993
cuz bullshit
>>
>>36508859
pay as much attention to other people as they pay to you

if someone is flat out ignoring you, then don't bother them

if someone wants to talk to you, engage them

basically, don't be autistic
>>
>>36508859
focus on progression, watch your form, go all out
>>
>>36508941
After the first time, it wasn't a mistake ;)
>>
Don't forget to tip the receptionist
>>
>>36510903
>Don't forget to tip the receptionist
That's very american of you
>>
also dry your balls with the hand blowers in the bathroom

there's no other way to be sure they're dry
>>
Form first, weight second.
Don't be intimidated by the thought that random people are judging you, it really doesn't matter as long as you continue working hard at something worthwhile.
>>
>>36508859
just lift the weights bruh
>>
>>36508859
make sure to keep going after tomorrow
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.