[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
been doing ppl for a few months now and although i am seeing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: starting-strength-smh_1.jpg (181 KB, 500x400) Image search: [Google]
starting-strength-smh_1.jpg
181 KB, 500x400
been doing ppl for a few months now and although i am seeing muscle development, my lifts haven't improved since i started training. i'm afraid that i'll eventually plateau and won't be lifting enough to develop my muscles.

decided to run SS. any thoughts? how was your experience with SS? any recommendations or tips?

can i do cardio on the days in between?
>>
SS is legit, was on a brosplit for 6month-ish before i started, doubled my maxes and working out became way more fun (80kg squat to 160kg). You can add cardio, but not every day, (Might want to take up something easier on the legs since squatting 3 times a week is pretty brutal)
Don't eat a disgusting amount of food, slightly over maintenance. Would recommend getting a foamroller.
>>
>>36508362
how long did you run the program for? how long was your average workout? i plan on just running 1-3 miles on off days. also, do you have foam rolling tips? i usually look retarded on them and don't know what to do.

thanks bud.
>>
>>36508382
6 months. The cheap ones are like 10 bucks, buy one and use it at home, or you can just get a lacrosseball. I use it mostly for my hamstrings.
depending on the day, usually around 40-50 min. Added some accessories after a month or two (dips, curls, lateral raises and farmer walks)
>>
>>36508278
Though I've always liked SL more, the book starting strength is a must read for any man who want's to lift thing and drop it down again. What do you mean by your lifts? Haven't they improved at all during the few months? and have you done any kind of basic starting workout before the PPL?
>>
>>36509149
I've read the book.
It's not a must read.
It contains a lot of "information" many people don't need, or even interpret correctly.
>>
>>36509358
Sure it's not the best book out there and you shouldn't follow it closely, but I still think every newbie should atleast skim through it. And for the interpret par, that's as much the readers fault as it is the writers. I would suggest not doing SS to begin with, go with SL instead.
>>
>>36509149
>>36509516
don't trip for no reason, faggot.

if you want a username go post on reddit you dumb bitch
>>
>>36509516
Yeah, your trip isn't needed here.
And sure, it's the readers fault too.
But that doesn't change the fact that beginner do misinterpret the book, and that they're better off not reading it in depth (or skimming through it).
>>
>>36509528
>>36509553
Ey nice samefag

And why do you even care if I trip? Just stop reading my posts if it means so much to you.
>>
File: 1458853992.png (6 KB, 716x177) Image search: [Google]
1458853992.png
6 KB, 716x177
>>36509666
>>
>>36509684
Alright I'm sorry I called you two samefag
>>
>>36508278
are you me? been on a ppl for about half a year, started SS a month ago just to change it up
been getting decent strength gains and plan to stick to it for maybe another month or so
>>
>>36508362
What do foam rollers do?
>>
>>36509898
Lose you money.
>>
>>36509666
ey nice trips tripfag

>>36509898
They're used to help your muscles recover from tightness and scarring that occur over time. It effects the 'fascia' of the muscle if you want to look up further.

To address to the OP, it's always best to stick with a program. But if you've been spinning your wheels for a few months without progressing, it's time to change it up. I highly recommend SS along with reading the book. Also look up Rippetoe's youtube channel for help with the lifts. Some people learn better with visual cues, others do well with the anatomical stuff in the book.
>>
>>36508278
It might be you not your program. Make sure you get enough rest and eat enough.

On the off chance that you went into training as a late novice, you might already be ready for an intermediate program.
>>
File: Capture.png (399 KB, 892x801) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
399 KB, 892x801
>>36511402
this is me right now
>>
Did day 3 of starting strength today. I did

Squat 110lb 3x5
OHP 65lb 3x5
Deadlift 155lb 1x5

My totals went up 5lb from my first to second workout and second to third, with deadlift going up more.

I'm doing squats with good form and low, but toward the end of my set it's difficult to hold my torso upright. Is there a good exercise to train for this type of squat stability or will it just naturally improve with squatz, and should I stay at the same weight and have better form next time?
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.