[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Need to brainwash myself to do cardio. Tell me the benefits of running
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (58 KB, 636x446) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58 KB, 636x446
Need to brainwash myself to do cardio. Tell me the benefits of running
>>
you need to put yourself in a situation where your lungs and heart will be pushed to your limits. For me, it was jiu-jitsu. For the first few weeks of training, I felt like I was going to throw up (or did throw up) constantly when we would grapple.

Eventually I started going for long runs 2-3 times a week with a tiny bit of HIIT involved and immediately saw an immense improvement in my stamina while grappling, and the nausea completely vanished.

running is good for you senpai
>>
what do you mean by "running"? are you talking about HIIT or LISS? because there's no good reason to do the latter.
>>
>>36507699
LISS is useless?
>>
>>36507517
stronger boners
>>
>>36507699
there is if you're otherwise sedentary for a large block of the day

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3560806/
>>
>>36507741
it's not useless, it's just not necessary for most people.
>>
>tell me the benefits of running
running
>>
>>36507760
I briefly looked at the article, but I didn't immediately see how it's relevant. Maybe you can point to what exactly I'm supposed to read because I'm too lazy to read all of it.
>>
If you're running outside, there's lots of hot chicks in tight yoga pants running around, or "cardio bunnies". That alone makes it worth it, especially when you're at a run with 1000s of these

inb4 >running for girls
>>
>>36507778

could you elaborate a little more? sorry haha. i've been doing LISS for a couple weeks now post workout and i don't know if i should just do a run instead.
>>
By lifting, you become stronger. By doing cardio, you become fitter.

You dont want to be a spoopy skellington who struggles with carrying grocery bags, neither you want to be a good looking dude which will sweat and puff for climbing a simple set of stairs.

Do both. Cardio either on rest days or after training. Preferably, do HIIT.
>>
>>36507815
>I'm too lazy to read all of it

then your iq is definitely too low to be making ignorant baseless claims in such an authoritative manner
>>
File: sillyanon.png (8 KB, 298x80) Image search: [Google]
sillyanon.png
8 KB, 298x80
>doing hiit while trying to build muscle
>>
>>36507869
or maybe my job actually involves reading scientific articles and the last thing I want to do when I get home is read another one.
>>
>>36507912
ya just eat more dummy
>>
>>36507931
keep telling that to yourself low iq tard
>>
Idk senpai.

I just enjoy being able to run 10-20 km with jsut my legs. Seems pretty cool.

I still do hiit but my endurance didn't improve until I added slow long runs into my schedule.

My heart has changed. It goes down to rest much much faster. It stays lower when I train now, unlike hitting 180 bmp every time I did some squats.

I feel better overall. It just seems natural.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.