[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
if im not a powerlifter is there any point of doing straight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (6 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6 KB, 275x183
if im not a powerlifter is there any point of doing straight bar deadlifts as opposed to trap bar? ive been doing trap bar lately and it feels so much better.
>>
HAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>36506143
>i started Stronglifts 2 months ago
>>
>>36506139
the trap-bar is more of a standing leg press and since it shifts the load a little more forward you use more of your quads rather than your posterior chain because of where you position the bar and it also drastically changes the bar path. If your goal is to replace the deadlift which is a posterior heavy movement I suggest you look for other alternatives OP
>>
Trap bar deads are the only ones I do. Been lifting for 3 years.
>>
>>36506518
You've clearly never done trap bar deadlifts.
>>
>>36506518
not necessarily true. you can still position yourself like a normal deadlift putting more emphasis on the posterior chain. the difference with tb and straight bar is the location of the load results in less shear force on the lumbar spine.
>>
How much easier is it to do trap bar deads? Some guy I knew in highschool posted a video of him doing 4pl8 trap bar deadlift today and was acting hard about it. Is it notable?
>>
>>36506139
Either is fine as long as you get adequate range of motion. EMG studies say they work the same muscles the same amount in the same range.
>>
>>36507154
EMG studies are usually bullshit.
>>
>>36506518
This. Trap bar is essentially a squat.
>>
>>36507137
4pl8 dead ain't shit. I hit 4pl8 dead on the trap bar a week before my conventional. Went from 225-455 in like 9 months. Im also 6'8 with long ape arms so I might have an advantage
>>
>>36507292
If you do it like a hack-squat, yeah.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.