[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is a rack/bench/cage absolutely required if I have a barbell/plates?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: 1422663531769.jpg (48 KB, 500x386) Image search: [Google]
1422663531769.jpg
48 KB, 500x386
Is a rack/bench/cage absolutely required if I have a barbell/plates? I need to get a rack/bench/whatever but I'd like to start asap. And someone told me that I don't have enough equipment to do SL 5x5. And that a rack/bench is required.
>>
You can improvise a bench (piano bench I've used before, it was a bit too short and definitely too hard/wooden). As for racking your squat or something you're in trouble. You could do it with a couple STURDY pieces of furniture that are the same height around shoulder level. Safety pins like in a squat rack shouldn't be necessary if you know how to fail a rep properly.
>>
>>36502377

I'll end up watching vids on squat shit after, but whenever I've tried squatting, my ass can only go as low as just above my knees, is that correct/bad or what? I can't get real low. I try to do the "sitting on toilet" motion but I can't get low like I see some people doing it.
>>
There's a technique for loading the bar on your back for squats where you hold it vertical and lean it on. I'll try to find a video.
>>
And I mean, by the time I get to heavy heavy weights to squat/etc. I'll have the money for the correct equipment, but for now the bar/low weights in the early weeks of the program is what I'll have.
>>
>>36502417
In that case, just learn to hang clean into a front squat.
>>
>>36502830

How do I go about getting myself to squat correctly? Every time I seem to do it I can't get my ass parallel with my knees. My form is either wrong, or its just a result of me not being flexible/mobile enough, or both. But still.

I'm 5'8, 215 lbs. All fat, flexible as a 2x4.

I'm going to start doing Starting Stretching but it seems like I'll never be able to squat to where my ass is near the floor.
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.