[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37
File: 90589724290483.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
90589724290483.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
Last one is nearly ded, time to start anew

Suppose I'm doing a two day split, tris/delts/traps/chest on one day and bis/back/core on the other day, which day should I do squats on and which day should I do deadlifts on?
>>
>>36500718
Deadlifts on traps day and squats the other day
>>
>>36500732
Yeah that's what I thought I just needed the validation of an anonymous poster on a neanderthalian club-building imageboard
>>
Is heavy squats and heavy deads a bad idea on the same day?
>>
>>36500866
Yes
Your form and strength will suffer in your second exercise as a result of your first exercise
>>
File: 51MFYH4TK0L.jpg (45 KB, 350x500) Image search: [Google]
51MFYH4TK0L.jpg
45 KB, 350x500
How based is John BASEDow?
Pic related
>>
Is intermittent fasting beneficial during a bulk?

I'd fasting 14 hours daily rather than 16 a bad idea?
>>
>>36500904
IF on a bulk sounds stupid and unnecessary.
>>
>>36500924
That's what I was leaving towards but I thought I'd ask the experts
>>
If youre training your vertical jump should you eat at maintenance, a deficit, or eat more?
>>
Is there any point to lifting for hypertrophy (high reps, lower weight) while eating at maintenance or even a slight calorie deficit?
>>
can easy guides to follow for intermittent fasting? thinking about eating 1-8pm everyday until i hit my goal weight. the only problem is i have to workout early on friday and i dont think il have enough energy without breakfast.
>>
>>36501217
>can easy guides
fugg i meany any easy guides, and is it necessary to take bcaa's while doing this?
>>
Is there a minimum amount of calories you should be above when you're losing weight? Whenever I see people on here asking about sub-500 daily cal diets, the answer always seems to be 'you'll eventually crack and binge eat a fuck tonne'. Is the only reason to avoid such an extreme low number mental discipline or does the body start failing?

Also question 2, multivitamins, meme or no?
>>
I have been lifting for 2 months and im seeing some nice strength gains but why is my stomach starting to poke out more? I haven't lost or gained any weight.
>>
Pressing on one of my vertebrates hurts.
It's not a "oh fuck this is nerve damage" kind of pain.
What is the procedure for treating an injured vertebrate? Just stay off of it for a while? How long will it take to heal?
>>
File: unnamed.png (11 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
11 KB, 300x300
Has anyone else been noticing MyFitnessPal has become almost fucking unusable over the past few months? I swear every update the stalling, resetting screens, and poor data sync only gets worse, and new problems just keep popping up.
>>
>>36501317
the go-to is above 1200 per day, to prevent your body from going into starvation reaction.
If you're in the same 20something male group that most of the people here are, your 500 deficit will probably bring you nowhere near 1200.
If you feel like you're going to crack, have a week where you eat at maintenance, then go back to deficit. It's better for preventing massive backslides like eating +5000 in one day
>>
>>36500718
So I've been lifting for ~3 months now but I have a fever and am coughing. I doubt I'll be better by tomorrow which is my next lifting day.

I'm really paranoid that if I miss 1 day the whole habit will just unravel and I'll go back to being a lazy fuck. Would it be unwise to lift with these symptoms?
>>
I want to start incorporating farmer's walks into my routine, but have no deal where to start.

Considering my current DL working weight is 140kg 1x5, how much should I be walking with? For how long? Do I do sets?
>>
>>36501832
Im with you bro.
But i injured myself.
You gotta rest man. You wont make gains when you are sick. Juat keep looking forward to getting back.
>>
>>36501317
You also are at greater risk of losing muscle along with fat the larger your deficit
>>
>>36501850
Dan John is a big proponent of farmers walks, he suggests starting around bodyweight split between two hands, and working up to body weight in each hand. A couple of suggestions he makes; walk as far as possible until you have to set the weights down, then walk them back. Or, walk as far as possible, set the weights down to rest, then walk further. Or aim for time; e.g. as far as possible in 5 mins, or distance and try and beat your time. Mix those things up and you'll be golden.
>>
>>36500718
My left shoulder(blade) makes a popping sound if I turn it upwards after holding my arm outwards like a pushup punch, just halfway.
it sounds weird, but say if I'm going to flex my left bicep, it clicks and shits.
say I can't visit a chiroprachtor, what type of stretches etc can I do to fix it?
really fucks over my bench; OHP is fine tho.. oddly.
>>
>>36501930

Cheers man, thanks for the advice :)
>>
File: 1333867386706.gif (3 MB, 256x195) Image search: [Google]
1333867386706.gif
3 MB, 256x195
Whatever happened to just putting the generic "QTDDTOTT" image in the OP?

anyhow

Been lifting and losing fat for a month now: Feels are great. However

I've also been doing C25k recently, and yesterday my legs were kinda hurting during it. I'm wondering if they were still healing from the last gym session.

Should I continue upping my C25k stuff while I cut or should I focus on not overtraining my legs?
>>
i need to buy an entry level grip trainer for crushing things gainz, anyone know a good brand or have any advice?
>>
Is 190 a good weight for noob gainz to end? I failed my last rep today.
>>
>>36502246

Depends on your height bruv
>>
>>36502499
5'11", cutting from 22% on SS
>>
>>36500866
Depends on volume. SL puts 1x5 deadlifts after 5x5 squats on the same day, and after squats as per SL my deadlift is higher than it is when I just warm up directly into deadlift.

Related question:
SS schedules squats/bench/dead on the same day, while SL schedules squats/ohp/dead. Is doing either bench or ohp between squats and deadlift on the same day more optimal than the other? Does it really matter? Seems like doing bench would keep your shoulders fresher for deadlift.
>>
>>36501317
I wouldn't recommend going below 1800 kcal intake as male, 1600 if female

you can make your caloric deficit larger than 500 kcal however, even as high as 1000 kcal deficit.
but that should be achieved through exercise rather than abstaining from food

>multivitamins

most multivitamins are neither harmful nor overly beneficial. They prevent you from getting completely malnourished of certain nutrients
but they tend to have very small doses of the most beneficial nutrients and they're not absorbed as effectively as the same nutrients gained from food.

and it really depends on where you live and your overall diet. EG if you're not getting something out of food, multivitamin might help cover that one.

imo only critical one to supplement is vitamin D, especially during winter if you live up north. Rest should always come from food source
>>
What's the best exercise for middle delts that isn't lateral raises?
>>
>>36503120
upright row
>>
>>36503120
Lateral lowers while hanging upside down
>>
5'10 313lbs

i've been doing psmf for 2 weeks and i've lost 10.5lbs, i try to eat around 150-180g of protons a day with leafy greens (mostly broccoli). Comes up to 1000 or 1100 cals a day.

Progress is going good and i know the main point of psmf is losing fat and gaining muscle but is there any way to be sure that i am burning fat and not muscle? i'm still able to lift every 2 days and i don't really feel tired or anything
>>
Can I get a form check please?
https://youtu.be/D-X8xAlmVBU
>>
Should you squeeze your butt at top of a low bar(or high bar) squat?
>>
Anyone have the link to the stretching routine that is posted in the OP in SIG threads?
>>
>>36503290
If you're 300 pounds, you're not burning muscle. You don't have muscle to burn. And even if you did, it's worth the trade-off of losing 15-20 pounds a month.
>>
>>36503318

pretty solid
>>
Best way to sext girls, lads?

Can barely make out my top abs when flexed. How to not look like a marshmallow?
>>
how to lose moobs?
>>
>>36503442
Build your chest muscles and become leaner
>>
>>36503318
Not sure if it's just the angle or the loose t-shirt, but it looks a little like you have zero tension in your back. If that's the case then it's a humongous problem. If not, then no problem.
Everything else looks pretty good, except for your elbows. Pull them more under the bar so they're not pointing directly behind you.

>>36503336
If in doubt, squeeze the butt. But seriously, some people like to use their ass a lot to get that last bit of extension, other people don't. If it feels good and you're not having any trouble locking out, then it's probably not something to worry about.
Squeezing the butt in the top can help setting your pelvis in the right position before the next rep though.
>>
Is there any decent bodyweight routine for someone to spergy to go to the gym, or are bodyweight routines inherently trash?
>>
I'm down 40 pounds but my waist has only gone down 1 inch. My legs and arms are looking almost holocaust like but I still have a huge gut and love handles. Something ain't right amirite senpaitachi?
>>
>>36503746
A bodyweight exercise can be just as effective as lifting a weight or even more so. The "problem" with training exclusively using your bodyweight is in order to make gains you MUST apply the principle of progressive overload. While there are many ways to accomplish this (doing more reps, sets, resting less, manipulating tempo etc.) over time you have to increase the mechanical tension in your muscles if you want to continue making progress. When using a barbell this is very easy to do - you simply add another couple of plates to the bar. When using your bodyweight however it becomes a real fucking hassle, as you'll have to keep learning new, very difficult exercise variations, which becomes even more difficult if you're gaining lean body mass (muscle) in the process.
In other words, bodyweight training can be effective, but not efficient. Lifting weights is the #1 way of transforming your body. Everything else is just making things needlessly hard.

Also, just man the fuck up and go to the gym. Nobody gives a shit that you're even there. Everybody minds their own business.

>>36503750
>Something ain't right
Something definitely ain't right. Have you been lifting at all?
>>
>>36503808
3x / week following SL for 6 months

my quads are noticably bigger and my arms have gotten slightly bigger but I'm still carrying a ton of fat around my waist and lovehandles

I have a 44 inch waist still and that just feels wrong

6'3, currently 215 down from ~250
>>
Does static stretching help with posture? I keep reading that static stretching is pretty much bullshit everywhere.
>>
>>36503866
Yes, helps a ton

What posture issue(s) are you trying to correct?
>>
I weigh 300 lbs.

Whats the best way to make a successful diet? Im supposed to have 300g of protein by the end of the day, something tells me thats an ungodly amount of chicken will break my bank.

Second, protein shakes are costly, but packed with the macro. Should i drop the 50 bucks to get a ton and sub it in?

Is there a good program to make healthy meals?
>>
>>36504043
1g/lb is a ridiculously high number. And even then, it's 1g/lb of LEAN body mass. Are you saying you're 300lbs of pure muscle?
>>
>>36504043
you're supposed to have 1g per LEAN body mass, not total body mass, assuming you're like 40% BF (probably higher), that's 180g of protein

yes get shakes, $50 a month in is nothing compared to whatever else you're going to buy to feed yourself

eggs, tuna, fish, beans, lentils are all cheaper alternatives to chicken in my country

start lifting now, not later
>>
Could I get some breakfast foods for cutting?
>>
Got stoned last night, made a protein shake with one scoop and water and left it by my bed and fell asleep, think it will be okay to drink llater today if I put it in the fridge?
>>
Is there anything I can go to the gym and do on rest days when on SS? I just like being in the gym every day. It helps me keep to my routine better
>>
>>36504043
It's 1g of protein per gram of lean body mass, not total bodyweight. So it's probably only half that number.

As to how to create a succesful diet, you don't. The moment it becomes a "diet" is the moment you failed. The ONLY way to lasting weight loss is through sustainable lifestyle changes. I'm talking baby steps here. If you turn your whole life upside down, how long do you honestly think you can keep that up for before you return to your previous unhealthy habits? Not long, pal. There's a reason all those women's magazine diets always lead to rebound and yo-yo'ing.
So make small changes that you can sustain. Things that you feel confident you can handle. Set yourself up for success rather than failure. And yes, weight loss will occur at a slower pace than if you had just starved yourself. But you get to stay lean rather than become fat again.
So am I saying it should be easy? Absolutely not. Although you must take baby steps, whatever changes you do decide to make, you need to make damn sure you stick to. So if you decide to go for a walk every Tuesday, then you go for that walk every damn Tuesday no matter what. I don't care if it's a fucking thunderstorm, floor or hurricane, or if you have a deadline at the job or if it's your mother's fucking funeral. You go for that walk.
>>
>>36504066
Nah, fat bruh. I must have misunderstood the sticky? Yup. Thanks for getting back!

>>36504073
Yup, i was wrong. Thanks for the respond bro. Ordering from amazon now.
>>
>>36504095
I didn't mean the current year deffinition of diet, but the literal one ( diet as in my daily to monthly to yearly intake of average foods.)
>>
>>36504092
Go in, maybe do cardio, do some mobility work / stretches.
>>
I started out with really fucking skinny arms but never meassured them. Now my body dismorphia is too strong to tell if they still look like twigs. They are about 14,5 inches , 37 cm, flexed now. Is that still skelly for normies or already somewhat lookin like i might be lifting? Sorry for this cancerous question
>>
>>36504120
Depends entirely on how tall you are and on how fat you are. If you're around 5 10 and reasonably lean your arms are are about what you'd expect. If you're taller than that or if it's actually a fatceps and not a biceps, then your arms need some work. If you're shorter and really lean then they're quite impressive.
>>
https://youtu.be/IKc6hwPvsHg?t=9m51s
I want to do this, please post an amazon link for a similar rubber band.
>>
File: tony.jpg (41 KB, 600x445) Image search: [Google]
tony.jpg
41 KB, 600x445
Is this achievable natty? I know he wasn't natty, but can I get the same look if I'm natty?
>>
>>36504172
Im around 5'8, 187 lbs skinnyfat. But I don't carry a lot of fat on my arms, its mostly just gut and ass.
>>
>>36504023
Was a fatty for most of my life, so my posture is just generally fucked. But my biggest problem seems to be anterior pelvic tilt and my shoulders are kinda slumped over.
>>
>>36504256
Depends on genetics and shit but this guy is fucking massive. You can get big as a natty but maybe not quite like this
>>
Would it better to lift 3 times a week, do hard cardio 3 times a week and rest the last day or do the hard cardio on the same days as I lift with light cardio inbetween I'm obviously cutting.
>>
>>36504327
I heard that Couch Stretch is really great for apt. Stretch hip flexors and quads, strengthen Abs and glutes
>>
>>36500718
If I cal/carb cycle, will I experience strength losses or shitty performance in the gym due to the lower cal/carb intake on my off days?

Trying to cut.
>>
>>36504346
I do the second option. IMO allows for more optimal recovery.
>>
>>36502244
captains of crush
>>
Is Clen considered a steroid? seriously considering getting some.
>>
>>36504117
Aight so I'm thinking stretching, a mile run, more stretching, then abs/core
>>
Anyone here NOT do isolation exercises while cutting, and just focus on compound lifts? Just wondering if I could save myself some energy. Abs is the exception
>>
>>36504668
I generally still do accessories when cutting unless you have I do a hard cut with >500 caloric deficit.
>>
>>36501631
no, works fine. I'm using it on android though
>>
>>36504689
What accessories? I do calf raises and crunches. Biceps and triceps I hit with pull ups and dips.. as well as bench press. Is that sufficient for cutting?
>>
>>36504708
I do these on top of my compounds:
>Incline DB press
>Front squats
>Farmer's walk
>Romanian deadlifts
>curls :)
>>
Is 22lb hammer curls 4x10 shit for 5'9 160?

Could I do 4x10 hammer curls three times a week instead of twice and try to add reps then weight?

What is the best non pressing tricep exercise to get big triceps for someone with tiny triceps?
>>
What's your opinion on mixing protein shakes with coffee?
Tastes great man
>>
> not having an arm day
> making it

Pick one
>>
File: 1452516036676.gif (4 MB, 200x223) Image search: [Google]
1452516036676.gif
4 MB, 200x223
Seriously,is there anything wrong with lifting on a fasted state??I do high volume and apparently this can cause muscle loss while some people say lifting fasted is completely safe since muscle loss begins after at least 48 hours of fasting and moving around.
>>
>>36504648
yes, why do you think the quote is eat clen,tren hard anavar give up.
>>
>>36504841
is there any info on the sticky about it?
>>
>>36504794
I always breakfast after i gym. I have very low bf, and i dont find my lifts suffer. I dont fast for days, i just dont eat befor i gym. Super vascular so i dunno..... try it for a month.

Also i do take a pwo prior to gym.
>>
>>36504077
A 435 cal breakfast for me is a cup of white rice, raw egg and sardines. Put the egg in your bowl first, rice on top then mix them together. The hot rice will cook the egg and once they're mixed add in the sardines and mix those in too. It's very satiating for a sub 500 cal meal and ridiculously easy to prepare if you have a rice cooker
>>
>>36504794
>Seriously,is there anything wrong with lifting on a fasted state?

No, not really. The only problem is not eating after you hit the gym so make sure you time it before your meal.
>>
How much of your height is determined by genetics?
>>
>>36500767
>a neanderthalian club-building imageboard
saved
>>
Is it better to follow a routine I enjoy and look forward to or a routine made by someone elae who probably knows what they are doing?
>>
>>36504877
not that i recall, if you do consider giving in your natty card then go to the steroid general.
>>
File: image.jpg (30 KB, 482x252) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30 KB, 482x252
How can I simulate taiko drumming in the gym to get simialer back gains to pic related?

>tfw no mature muscular asian gf
>>
File: image.jpg (119 KB, 832x468) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
119 KB, 832x468
>>36504997
Try both but follow someone else's routine untill you are confident in your routine building
>>
Which days are best for cheat days? Also, if im working out 3 times a week, do i get 1 or 2?
>>
>>36505107
>cheat days
never gonna make it, its called a cheat meal and you only get 1, most people have theirs on Friday or weekend.
>>
Haven't lifted in 4 months due to fucked up shoulder so I'm doing cardio while cutting to rid myself of my gut

Right now I'm 169.5 lbs and maybe 20-25% bf.

How far should I cut

Also I originally cut from 245 lbs to 170 doing SL
>>
after 3 mins of exercise i start sweating like crazy what are some exercises to avoid sweating so much? i run 15 mins every day and i'm also going to the gym 3 days per week (i'm not fat just average)
>>
>>36505151
Is there a problem having two cheat meals if im starting as a fattie fat fat, to ween myself off?
>>
File: gym.jpg (223 KB, 750x562) Image search: [Google]
gym.jpg
223 KB, 750x562
>>36500718
I do a 2-day split and I do squats and deadlifts on my "pull" day.

A day is push:
Bench
OPH
DB include press
Arnold press
Dips

B day is pull:
Squat
BB Row
DL
Seated row
Pullups

But since I do ABxABxABx... I could wind up doing deadlifts 2 times a week, so every-other B workout I do deadlifts and on the days I don't DL I do the seated rows. I also alternate if I start with bench or OHP on my A day and have it be a shoulder or chest focus day so if I start with bench it's a chest day and I'll skip the Arnold presses for that A.
>>
>>36505362
run for 30 min when you do go running. Not going to make a difference right away but will probably help. i used to sweat heavy as a motherfucker, but after running for a while i dont start to sweat excessively till im 30-40 mins in
>>
>>36505362
you probably just sweat a lot. It might decrease if you stick with regular. I knew a guy that would sweat profusely on the right side of his body only; left side had normal amounts of sweat. Honestly better to sweat a lot than not enough. Just make sure to hydrate.
>>
>>36505382
you are fat, all the other fatties on this board seem to have the will power to have 1 cheat meal, why cant you? learn self discipline, its very important.
>>
>>36505481
Not bad reasoning.
>>
everyone always says you can only consume 30g of protein per meal, but how long should you space out meals? if i have a 50g shake and i drink half, how long should i wait to finish it?
>>
Why dont any1 ever talk about lunges? Are barbell lunges worth adding to your routine? What do they work that a squat doesent?
I do TM and soccer, could they be added wednesday as a light squat?
>>
I have a diet question: Is it bad when I eat the same food every single day? I eat this everay day:

breakfast: 4 eggs, 1 can of baked beans, 2 slices of pumpernickel

lunch: some meat (chicken most of the time) + rice + broccoli + some sauce

dinner: 500g low fat quark + 250 berries (raspberries or strawberries)

When I get hungry I eat some oats with milk and a banana or something. Is there anything wrong with this? I hit my macros and my calories everyday, but I'm afraid that I am missing out on some micronutrietiens or some other shit.
>>
medfags help me out:
Lately I feel tired literally all day, no matter whether I sleep 5 hours or 10 hours. I wake up feeling dizzy, have a very dry mouth, horrible breath and my skin and hair is greasy as fuck. I've also noticed my libido going down and I feel weak and tired.
What is this? Am I gonna die?
>>
I want to add about 10 to 15 pounds of mass, but don't have access to a gym and have very little money. What would be the cheapest way to do this? Drink a fuckton of milk? Do pushups, situps, and one-legged squats?
>>
File: 1456850856449.jpg (120 KB, 464x604) Image search: [Google]
1456850856449.jpg
120 KB, 464x604
Sprained my ankle a few weeks ago from rugby, whenever I squat it's like someone is shanking my outer foot whenever I bring my knees over my feet.

Is there any squat variations or assistance work I can do in the meantime?

pls
>>
File: 1450588974812.jpg (30 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1450588974812.jpg
30 KB, 300x300
Okay so i signed up to Tinder and I'm actually pretty fucking nervous

how easy is it to find someone to fug on this?

I'm not ugly, reasonably attractive, not a manlet

I guess I'm just nervous but i just want to know how vicious people are on this
>>
>>36505594
yes
>>
File: 1458559716577.jpg (556 KB, 1873x2625) Image search: [Google]
1458559716577.jpg
556 KB, 1873x2625
>spondylothesis
>bulging disc between L5/L4 pinching nerve
>floating piece of disc from L5/S1

How fucked am I? Scheduling back surgery this week...
>>
File: Dagdag.png (369 KB, 480x470) Image search: [Google]
Dagdag.png
369 KB, 480x470
How long does it take to lose water weight from creatine? And generally how much do you lose?
>>
What body type if low body fat but never worked abs besides le squats and deads all u need bby?
>>
How to close chest gap?

pic related but not me
>>
>>36505663
Pushups, situps and one-legged squats will do little in the way of adding mass if you have no convenient way of increasing resistance. Being a fellow poorfag, drinking a fuckton of milk does work but unless you are actually exercising those excess calories are going to turn into fat. 10 to 15 pounds of mass overall (fat or muscle) is not perceptible anyway, especially when clothed.

>>36505670
Ice, careful stretching and rest. A little light exercise is fine, if not helpful- up to you to see how much weight you can comfortably put on it (probably do free squats or just the bar). In the meantime I suppose you could do leg extensions and leg curls. A sprain shouldn't take too long to heal.

>>36505703
In terms of lifting heavy? Very. You could still get big though.

>>36505383
Stats, repetitions and plan of progression?
>>
I got sick for 1 week and I feel like a total wreck when I got back in the gym like my whole body is just an uncoordinated mess. I couldn't squat my warm-up sets properly and 225 felt like I was squatting 320.

is it normal to feel really weak after getting sick do I have do dedicate a week trying to get my strength back to prevent injuries?
>>
>>36505766
Milk guy here. I usually go skateboarding like once or twice a week; if I starting skating everyday to burn off the calories, would that help?
>>
File: 1458608294330.gif (1 MB, 417x242) Image search: [Google]
1458608294330.gif
1 MB, 417x242
>>36505766
>In terms of lifting heavy? Very. You could still get big though.

Elaborate. I have had all this for the last month and still been going to the gym every night, only getting back surgery because i have lost all feeling in my right foot for a month now.
>>
I've never taken pre-workout, but I've been feeling sleepy at the gym since I started cutting. Should I bother?
>>
>>36500718
Where the fuck did trappy go? Did she an hero?
>she
>>
>>36505750
Do more chest and pray you've got the genetix for it
>>
>>36501416
bump
>>
>>36505818
from what i hear you are better off just taking a caffeine pill, they have the same caffeine as pre workout (200mg), it will be more cost efficient.
>>
>>36505750
Impossible. Insertions are the hand you are dealt with. Just make them bigger I guess

>>36505772
Yes of course. This should be obvious, shouldn't it? One week of dehydration, poor nutrition and improper sleep will fuck your shit up. More so if you were completely bedridden.

>>36505790
Aren't you trying to gain weight, what's the point of burning off those calories then? If you want to gain weight that is not fat you most certainly need to go to the gym. That being said you could do it but- as I said proper programming is difficult doing bodyweight exercises. Sorry to say this but just find a way to join a gym- even the shittiest one will do.

>>36505798
>only getting back surgery because i have lost all feeling in my right foot for a month now
I suggest you taking it easy until your surgery first. Then wait till you are rehabilitated. I'm not an expert but training your body without loading the spine is possible but that will have to wait.
>>
File: 1454114821840.jpg (43 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
1454114821840.jpg
43 KB, 540x960
I'm really really concerned I'm cutting before I've bulked enough, but really feel I need to cut as I'm at at least 18% at 164 5'11, started as 100% skinny fat and gained decent gains from recent bulk. I think my chest is lacking but I might squeeze out some noob gains. Am I fucked?
>>
File: image.jpg (70 KB, 638x960) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70 KB, 638x960
>>36505821
shes on vacation
>>
>>36505898
alright I was just making sure since I've always been too cautious with these kinds of things and didn't want to over rest and repeat another training cycle because of it

thanks a lot famalam
>>
>>36505719
Anyone?
>>
Should I lift every day on a cut? I want to give my muscles excess time to repair tho
>>
>>36500767
>neanderthalian club-building imageboard
Should just be
>neanderthal
anon.
You're welcome.
>>
whats a good 5x5 style routine that's 4 day and has room for accessories
>>
I just got into squats (with the squat rack instead of using the machine) and have been looking at forms on instagram. I've noticed a lot of the women that squat a lot of weight have smallish glutes/asses. Is "squat ass" or whatever it's called affected by form? Are the ones with small assets (but still squatting 150+ lbs) doing it wrong?

Also, I've been doing hyperextenstions for my back and have gotten to 110+lbs, but I do regular ab work on a mat without weights. Is this bad? Should I be using a machine or weights to balance my abs with my back?
>>
Any exercises besides cardio for decreasing gyno(really small)
>>
>>36506090
depends how deep they squat for, ATG offers more glute development.
>>
>>36506111
Or a very small fat% on chest
>>
How to get big traps? I don't feel anything when I do shrugs. Am I doing it wrong, or should I be doing more?
>>
File: Dag5.jpg (2 MB, 1536x2018) Image search: [Google]
Dag5.jpg
2 MB, 1536x2018
>>36505719
Pupper bump
>>
>>36505911
>164 5'11
Meh, I wouldn't do it if I were you. Still it is your choice after all. Try not to get into an eternal rut of bulking and cutting and not actually putting on any muscle overall. Personally I prefer lean gains. Hopefully you can at least do 3 out of 4 of 1/2/3/4.

>>36506090
I have never seen a woman who non-competitively exercises doing a proper squat. Most women's "glutes" on instagram are a result of ridiculous overextension of their lower back.

You don't need much muscle to squat 150lbs. But certainly somebody with a big squat will have resonable glutes. Note that maximum glute activation occurs at below parallel for squats. If you want a better ass squats (and glute isolation like hip thrusts) will help but you won't develop a Kardashian butt with regular exercise.

>>36506134
Shrugs seem to get recommended a lot but I prefer behind-the-neck press. Careful with the weight and don't move your head around doing it though- low-medium weight and high reps is the way to go.

>>36506191
~1kg off the top of my head. Go read some studies for a real answer. There's a zillion of them on creatine. I can't be bothered reading them for you.
>>
File: feelscry.png (29 KB, 398x394) Image search: [Google]
feelscry.png
29 KB, 398x394
Should i do cardio if i suffer from the muh joints meme?

I can still run, but after a while my left knee starts popping a lot (almost every step i take) and it starts hurting after 1-2 hours of walking.

I see people who are fatter than me (i'm 313lbs) that push through the pain because of the whole "no pain no gain" thing. But i'm actually scared of damaging my joints, even if i'm losing weight in the process

I've lost 10.5 lbs in 2 weeks so progress is going good, but i've only been doing SS, i think i could've lost a little bit more if i did some cardio.
>>
File: bodys of fit.jpg (592 KB, 2000x2156) Image search: [Google]
bodys of fit.jpg
592 KB, 2000x2156
I'm looking for bulk/cut advice.

I started the gym in august and did SS. I had good progression first 3 months and ran into a wall after that. In hindsight my form was overall pretty bad, and I wasn't taking training seriously enough.
Anyway, after 2 more months of no progress, I switched over to some 5-day strength/bodybuild routine. I did that for a monrh with some gains.
I got a bit bigger, but not much stronger.
I feel that strength thraining is where I get my enjoyment out of, and want to switch back to it by started the advanced SS routine.

Problem is: I'm pretty skinnyfat. I ate for an SS bulk, without actually getting stronger. So now I'm sitting at 85kg, about 20%BF, with a 2pl8 squat, 2.5 pl8 deadlift, 80kg bench and 42.5 kg press.
I know I don't have enough muscle to do a real cut, but I also don't want to get really fat when starting advanced novice SS.
So what should I do? Get back to bulkng with good form and progress this time? Or do you guys recommend I cut first, but stay at my shitty lifts in the meantime?

TLDR: I fucked up SS and got fat with little gains. Continue bulk, or cut first?
>>
>>36506264
why not use the elliptical/stationary bike instead?
>>
>>36506344
>>36506264

Forgot to add that i have a home gym, i have enough equiptment to do SS, but i dont have any cardio machines.

I'm really interested in doing couch to 5k too, even if i only do the firt stage for a couple of months (60s jog then 90s walk for 20 minutes) i'm sure that'd be some decent cardio in the long run.
>>
What do you think of this upper/lower body split. Done ABxABxx

Upper body:
Horizontal push: Ring Dips (weighted) 3x6-8 (2 minutes rest)
Horizontal pull: Bent Over Rows 3x6-8 (2 minute rest)
Vertical push: OHP 3x6-8 (2 minute rest)
Vertical pull: Pull ups (weighted) 3x6-8 (2 minute rest)
Elbow Flexion: Biceps curl 4x8-12 (1 minute rest)
Elbow Extenstion: Tricep extension 4x8-12 (1 minute rest)

Lower Body:
Back + Hamstrings: Deadlift 3x5 (2 minute rest)
Quads: Squat 4x8 (2 minute rest)
Calfs: Calf Raises 3x10-15 (1 minute rest)
Abs: AB wheel rollouts 3x10-15 (1 minute rest)

Don't have a bench or any machines since it's a home gym familia. My main goal is muscle gain with some strength gains as well. Tell me if I should change amount of sets/reps for exercises desu.
>>
dyel lanklet here. I have trouble doing squats and I dont think its because im tall. Im maxing out at 185x5 currently. What can I do in addition to just squatting that will make me a better squatter? I think I am having trouble recruiting all my muscles for the push
>>
How shit is a 30kg dumbell press?

Few people here have said that youre considered reasonably strong when you reach a 2pl8 bench but there's no barbells at my shit gym, just varying dumbells
>>
File: 1458602455389.png (49 KB, 1135x824) Image search: [Google]
1458602455389.png
49 KB, 1135x824
How do you read the top part of this?
>>
>>36504043
>protein shakes are costly
No they're not. They're the cheapest way to get protein unless you get a really good sale on tilapia or something
>>
>>36504664
Just so you know, static stretches when you aren't warmed up are not very good for you. Do dynamic stretches for the first stretching part, and do static stretches after your run.
>>
>>36504959
Maybe 75%. Diet affects height more negatively than positively (i.e. it's much more likely that a poor childhood diet will make you shorter than that a good one will make you taller).
>>
Just found out that my house got robbed and literally everything that I loved and collected from books, movies, guitar to vidya has been either stolen or just smashed.
How do you guys stay motivated I feel like just sitting in a corner and doing nothing.
>>
>>36505657
Drinking more water should help with dry mouth, breath, and greasy skin/hair. Sounds like you're just not drinking enough water. Might not be eating enough as well.
>>
>>36505719
After your last dose you should see a noticeable decrease in water weight in less than 48 hours. It varies a lot between people but you probably have 5-10 pounds of extra water weight.
>>
>>36506999
with ur eyes lmao

When you say top part, do you mean just the top line?

If so, Int. Run probably means interval run. So Mon - Rest, Tues - Interval Run, Wed - Rest, Thurs - Rest, Fri - Rest, Sat - Interval Run, Sun - Endurance run.

Second part is saying that you should be doing either Strength or Endurance in the gym, and says what body parts you should hit in order with strength or endurance in mind.

Then when it gets to the second first, that is week 3/4.

I just got bored of this.

It's an absurd layout desu famalam.
>>
>haven't been to gym since monday
>wake up this morning with crazy doms in my glutes and shins
>like I just squatted 3pl8 and then ran a marathon
>literally haven't done anything active or unusual this week
What the fuck
>>
>>36501599
Go to a doctor and have him order an x-ray.
>>
Hey guys if I was going to go fraud on it would test help. Guys I know are talking about different cycles of different stuff that I should be taking if I want to get to the next level , but what about just testosterone? Surely that wouldn't be too harmful to me long term ? Anyone any experience ?
>>
>>36505039
6,000 x 1 Political Commissar ordering you. 7 days a week.
>>
No matter what I do, I can't get proper form on barbell rows from the ground. Is there a variant of them that I can in their place?
>>
Starting to have grip problems on DLs but the weight is fairly light, just a bit over 1pl8. Is this normal or am I fucking something up? I can finish the sets usually but the grip is really falling apart on the last 1-2 reps, afraid to snap my shit up if I hurry to finish those.
>>
>>36508600
Are you doing overhand/underhand grip?
>>
>>36508609
Double overhand, really not sure if going for mixed is worth it at babbyweights.
>>
>>36508641
Well clearly you're having trouble with double overhand, an alternate grip is 99% of the time better. Just make sure you alternate each time you do a session with DLs.
>>
What's the formula for daily protein consumption when building muscle? I'm 82kg if it helps
>>
>>36508657
But I've often heard about people having grip problems eventually with DLs, so I assumed that I'm on the right way. Isnt mixed grip bad for constant use? Just wondering if I should really pull it every session instead of doing farmer walks or something along the way
>>
File: CYBEX-55802.jpg (448 KB, 1760x1168) Image search: [Google]
CYBEX-55802.jpg
448 KB, 1760x1168
>>36508578
This maybe
>>
>>36507305
Good call
>>
I have started squatting recently, pretty light since I'm trying to nail down my from (around 100lbs), and it's been going down well enough. The only problem is my left knee experiences sharp pain, not much while squatting but like day after if I 'lock' my knees. Should I be concerned, go even lighter? Is it joint pain, will stretching help?
>>
I've lost weight, built some muscle, learnt about clothes, started caring for my skin.
Women actually want to talk to me now!

So how the fuck do I learn how to not be an atuist when chatting/texting?
I get matches on tinder, hell recently I even get random girls adding me on fb (thank you based sticky) but it's next to impossible to translate that into actual meetups and sex.

Help!
>>
>>36508722
Kinda only have a barbell to work with at the minute, it's really not convenient for me to go to the closeset gym with how stuff is
>>
When using mixed grip on deadlift, how often should I switch which hand is facing outward? Each rep, set, workout?
>>
>>36500904

IF's main help is that it reduces the amount of time you will eat during the day and thereby decrease your ability to overeat. If you are on a bulk, it would be less necessary UNLESS you have a problem with dirty bulking. It doesn't matter if you eat your 3500 or whatever calories in the window or all day.

It's not a bad idea nor a good idea. It completely depends on you and your goals. The other incidentals of IF (decreased appetite in the morning etc) are not as important as the effect it has on your ability to overeat
>>
How much weight would be the 1RM equivalent to a drop set of
205 by 3, then 185 by 3, then 155 by 5, then 135 by 4?
>>
>>36502156
sounds like some sort of impingement. Could be a lot of things. lacrosse ball roll all the muscles in your rotator cuff and work on mobility in general. google it and you will find lots of articles exercises etc. find what works for you and fixes your problem.
>>
>>36502241
I did c25k when I first started lifting. Are you really overweight? I decided just to do some other form of LISS like walking or elliptical because it was easier on my joints. Also maybe get a bike? I HATED running though. If you like it go for it. It's about what works for you. Just remember in the weight loss game it goes diet/weights/cardio. LISS is good for helping you recover between weight sessions. for some people really in shape running can be LISS but for most of us your it's not.
>>
>>36503290
Don't worry about muscle loss until you get to 20% fat or so and then adjust to a 500 cal deficit. You are doing great. PSMF is HARD!
>>
>>36504083
just sniff it. Whey can go bad when left. You WILL know.
>>
>>36502156
>>36509087
Stretches mostly make things like this worse.
Lay off benching, and see a PT.
>>
File: PushPull.png (23 KB, 594x639) Image search: [Google]
PushPull.png
23 KB, 594x639
Thoughts? Loading is the same as SL (5 kg for deadlift, 2.5 for anything else) but should I deload ever so often?
>>
>>36509334
>2 types of flyes
>2 types of triceps extensions
>leg press

>2 types of curls
>shrugs
>chin-ups after isolation work

It's shit.
>>
>>36509386
Thanks for being blunt. Thought I might as well to the extra isolation since I have the time for it.
>>
>>36509493
Pretty much all natty guys I know that are strong and big focus on the big compounds, not on a ton of isolation work.

Extra time is better spent on other things, but if you really enjoy doing all that crap, then more power to you.
>>
>>36509526
What might that other things be?
>>
>>36509557
More sets on the big compounds.
If you lack it, mobility.
If you don't hate it, cardio.
Life, things outside the gym.
>>
>>36509593
Already do cardio

And you think i got stuff outside the gym? pfft
>>
File: shoooooga.jpg (39 KB, 311x399) Image search: [Google]
shoooooga.jpg
39 KB, 311x399
>>36505766
>Stats, repetitions and plan of progression?

A:
Bench 3x5
OHP 3x5
DB Incline 4x8 / Arnold press 4x8
Dips 4x8
Dragon flags

Every-other A workout I start with Bench and on those days I do DB incline presses; opposite A days I start with OHP and do Arnold presses.

B:
Squat 3x5
BB row 3x5
Deadlift 1x5 / Seated row 4x8
Pullups 4x8

I alternate deadlifts and seated row since I do my B twice a week.

Add 5 lbs to squat, bench, OHP, rows (both) every lift and 5 lbs every-other for DB incline & Arnold press.

Each workout is about an hour. I'm fortunate to be able to go to the gym consistently 4-5 days a week and didn't want to do PPL. I really like ABxABx. Doing all upper-body on my A day helps stretch my back to get ready for B.
>>
File: 20110905114937_0140.jpg (40 KB, 350x633) Image search: [Google]
20110905114937_0140.jpg
40 KB, 350x633
Ey /fit/

I wan't to take L-Arginine but read that it doesn't go well with herpes. I have had sex with my ex unprotected before but I have never experienced herpes before, though I still have a "red spot" on my penis head, the rest of my head is grey. I wan't to go see a doctor, but I was hoping I could order my vitamins tonight. So do you think the redish spot is herpes, even if I have never had herpes? Broke up with my ex a year ago and no Herpes since than or before that.

Pic related, it's the pills I want to buy.
>>
>>36509739
Not really, power cleans and rows are pretty different.
Are you doing pendlay rows or normal rows?
How wide are you gripping?
Overhand or underhand?
>>
>>36509739
Nope, but try reverse barbell rows. A lot easier on your shoulders.
>>
>>36509763
Overhand, about shoulder width (same as ohp). Started with normal rows, switched for pandalay recently as the weight got closer to my bodyweight.

>>36509771
Reverse as in underhand?
>>
File: proof.png (37 KB, 585x1059) Image search: [Google]
proof.png
37 KB, 585x1059
Can anybody give some advice on my routine?

I've only been doing it for almost 2 weeks now, but I'm still changing certain things as I get used to it, like not having all the main lifts 3x5, but instead having one 3x5 and the other 3x8-10, alternating.
>>
Is it ok to have to do regular lacrosse ball massages? My glutes and hamstrings are always chronically tight, and as soon as they loosen up, its usually leg day and the cycle starts all over.
>>
>>36509848
Yerp, underhand
>>
>>36509864
I'll try that, thanks!
>>
>>36509860
That's a bread and butter PPL routine.

Stick to it.
>>
>>36509848
Shoulder width is very close for rows.
Widen your grip a bit.
Try with your arms at about 45deg to your body.
Don't force range of motion, only go as far as your shoulder blades can retract.
>>
>get one of those shitty bodyfat scales when I used to be a teenager
>work out, diet, ect. for a few years
>start measuring my bodyfat with calipers - says I'm at 7%
>find the old ass scale, decide to give it a try
>22%

What the fuck /fit/? I know that the scale isnt supposed to be accurate but thats an absurd difference. I don't look like I'm nearly at 7% so its possible I'm measuring it wrong but I get the same results every time I try. That being said I definitely don't look anywhere near 22%.

Anyone have any good videos on how to measure with calipers other than the scooby one? Thats the one I keep using but I keep getting absurdly low numbers.
>>
My girlfriend wants to improve/tighten/tone/whatever her butt and stomach, I think she's currently running 5-10km 2 times a week and does some bodyweight stuff.
I'm thinking about squatting, romanian deadlifts, lunges and various core exercises, anything else?
What would be a good volume/frequency?
>>
>>36500718
When do you bros ask the tinder bitches to meet up?

Been talking to this dime piece for about a week and have been texting for two days. She gave me her number without me asking, and also told me she'd text me as soon as her test was over the next day to lmk how it went, so she seems interested.

But our texting conversation seems like its gotten a bit stale today, so I was thinking I should ask her to get food tomorrow or over this weekend.

What do you boys think?
>>
>>36509917
Squat 3x5
Romanian 3x8
Bulgarian Split Squat 3x8
Hanging Leg Raises 3xF
Plank 1xF +1s each session

2x a week
>>
>>36509947
cheers mate
>>
>>36509931
I may be too late, she fucking gave you her number on her own so she's probably already upset you didn't ask her to meet up. I'd go for it right now.
>>
>>36509985
B-but shes out of my league.

She's easily an 8/10, if not hotter, and she goes to an ivy league school.

Im gonna do it as soon as I leave work

Maybe i am smart and handsome but just have no self esteem.
>>
Got a question about repeating an exercise every hour.
Say I do a set of pushups reps till fail every two hours from waking up till going bed,
what actually happens in comparison to doing three consecutive sets of pushups till failure?
>>
>>36509985
Also, how does
>do you any plans this weekend? I wanted to see if you might want to meet up for a bit and get some food or a drink, or both.
Sound?
>>
>>36510017
OK, here's a template for you:

"Hey, I'm not good at this typing thing, how about we grab a drink insted? How's DAY_OF_THE_WEEK at NAME_OF_PLACE_WITH_DRINKS?"

If she replies "sorry, can't because SOME_BULLSHIT_REASON", just say "ok then" and forget about her.

If she replies "sorry, can't because SOME_BULLSHIT_REASON, but I'm free on SOME_OTHER_DAY" then it's a go, you've won.
>>
>>36510067
Anything sounds better than endless smalltalk over tinder or messenger or whatever. Just go for it, worst case scenario: she'll say no.
>>
>>36510092
Facts, my nigga. This small talk is starting to kill the vibe.

I'm doing it. Next text I send im adding the part where i ask her out to the end
>>
>>36509931
Not food, no bar, go somewhere you can have a quality time:
Zoo, aqua park, climbing, bowling.
Anything that makes you interact with her socially without putting too much pressure.
Research with yelp.com
>>
>>36510102
Good for you.

At this point I'd like to let you know I'm a 30 year old virgin.
>>
>>36510123
You shouldn't be. The dude you're giving advice to is a 22 year old whos fucked 9 girls.

Im actually just intimidated by this girl cause this is the type of girl I always pictured myself marrying (ivy league education, hot, not insane, etc).
>>
>>36509917
Read the sticky
Read and do SS

>>36509911
You have to be jacked and shredded to be under 10%
You weren't pinching hard enough if you are using calipers
Just post a pic if you insist on being stupid about it

>>36509862
Why would it not be OK? There is literally a section in the sticky about foam rolling

>>36509334
Fucked you up in the routine thread
Don't try to make your own routine
Learn how to do squats

Compounds >>> Isolations

>>36508990
Whenever you want
It's not the big of a deal

Definitely not each rep though. Once you grab the bar for a set, you should not let go

>>36508752
Post form check
Foam rolling and stretching always helps

>>36508600
Never allow grip to be the limiting factor for deadlifts. It is not a grip exercise, it is a compound exercise that targets the prime movers (whihc can move more than you can hold)

Double overhand to start. Use chalk when needed. Use mixed grip when needed. Straps as a last resort.
Consider hook grip if you'd like.

>>36508578
Post form check

>>36506956
Everybody starts somewhere. Keep at it

>>36506559
Bullshit. Height is never a factor, just an excuse. I'm likely taller than you

Post form check. Fix it.
Get on a better routine. Recover better.

>>36506300
>did SS
>form was overall pretty bad
Read the fucking book
>bulk or cut
Read the fucking book. Start light, start on a cut, increase calories as needed.

>>36506134
Drop shrugs
Heavy deadlifts. OHP
Cleans
>>
>>36510059
Google 'grease the groove'. It works well for pushups and pullups

You need progressive overload of resistance training and hypertrophy for gains.
>>
Ex fatty here,5'6 manlet currently @ 160 lbs and 10 percent body fat,other than some loose skin on my stomach i'm looking good,should I start hitting maintenance mode and slowly clean bulk up?Scared of being fat again help /fit/.
>>
are protein shakes a valid meal? as in if i was hungry could i just sit down and drink a shake?
>>
>>36510296
I am doing the you are your own gym workout and it kills me already.
Can not even do a proper side lunge.
Do you recommend any good stretches?
>>
>>36510315
Yes. If you have psyllium husk , then add a tbsp or two for extra fiber.
>>
>>36510305
Do whatever you want, whatever makes you happy
>bulk or cut
Is a loaded question and a meme. Do whatever the fuck you wanna do

>10 percent body fat
I highly doubt this

>>36510315
IIFYM
Real food is more filling though

>>36510326
The sticky has info about stretching
I can also recommend DeFranco's Agile 8 and Limber 11 as good starting points
>>
I'm going on a trip tomorrow and will be back on Monday. During that time I won't be able to workout. Should I workout today even though today is supposed to be a rest day?
>>
>>36510384
>Should I workout today even though today is supposed to be a rest day?
>rest day
How is this not clear?
Rest.
>>
>>36510438
Well the next few days will be resting anyway.
>>36510384
I say go for it. I'd smash out full body if it were me.
>>
>>36510118
How the fuck does a beer put more pressure on someone than going to a fuckin museum?
>>
>>36510603
Having a beer with someone means that it'll only be you two, and the focus will only be on each other.

Being at a museum, the focus will be elsewhere, while still allowing the two to enjoy their time together, without having to feel the need to keep talking about themselves, they can talk about the exhibits.
>>
File: Canada.jpg (245 KB, 1250x1750) Image search: [Google]
Canada.jpg
245 KB, 1250x1750
Hey, canadabros? Where do you buy your whey from? I'm broke as shit.
>>
Is deadlifting once a week optimal, or should I do it twice a week and try to adapt? I'm running a PPLPPLx, and the second deadlift day is considerably weaker than the first. Wondering if I should just deadlift once per week now...
>>
>fucked my shoulder in October 2015
>haven't lifted since

Doc says I'm alright to lift now (had microfibre tears in the area).

Should I just do SS again?
>>
I have a problem.
I have lactose intolerance and want to lose enough weight to make my clothes fit into my clothes again.
Milk and milk products are cheap in germany.
Sadly, I have no idea where else I can get enough protein and stay under 2000kcal.
I thought about buying whey isolate from myprotein, which offers sometimes the 25-30% sale of their products.
Is it a good opportunity to look for them as a poor person?
>>
How realistic is it to do a 2 and a half hour half-marathon in July if I start training right now? This is a challenge I've been set.

Right now I've been lifting a year and a half with minimal cardio and I can run 1 mile before I'm a useless wheezing mess.
>>
>>36511566
Anybody can finish a marathon, even a 100 miler. The only difference training makes, is how long it takes you to finish it.

Either way, just incorporate cardio more into your routine, mostly long distance endurance runs, compared to HIIT. Find your pace. Furthest I had ever ran before was 3 miles, had to walk a couple times. Not long after, I ran 5.3 miles, and could have kept going for miles more, solely because I slowed the pace down to 9min miles, 9min 00.3sec/mile by my calculations.
>>
>>36509733
What do you mean by doesn't go well with herpes? Like 75% of the population carries the herpes virus so if there were significant issues resulting from that there would be no market for l-arginine.
>>
Is gomad, and eating lots of chicken a meme here?
>>
>>36511876
gomad is a meme but has it's uses in limited situations. Lots of chicken is not a meme at all
>>
Any other white guys notice that black girls like them a lot now that they lift?

No racial flaming I'm srs though. I used to be kind of nerdy in high school but I've been lifting for a few years and worked in construction over the summers (tan and fit now) and all these cute black chicks at my college really like me.

I feel like they appreciate masculine men more than others or something I don't know.
>>
>>36511254
I'd say do one heavy day where you try to break prs and one lighter day where you work on form, grip strength etc
>>
>>36510315
Protein shakes are sometimes called meal replacement powders. Slimfast is basically a protein shake. So yeah, you can replace meals with them. I'd only do it on a cut though, and like the other anon said replace your fibre somehow
>>
Can I do zercher and hack squats on the same day?
>>
>>36511985
Black girls are the lowest of the low status. Average black girls are lower than fat white girls. If you're high enough status, low status girls will throw themselves at you.
>>
File: 1439927340413.jpg (612 KB, 1024x1575) Image search: [Google]
1439927340413.jpg
612 KB, 1024x1575
Newfag here. What constitutes being natty, and not being natty?

Have some BPRD
>>
My part time job is enough to cover all my bills and im soon to be approved for food stamps so im thinking i should start hitting the gym twice per day. Are there any good established programs for two gym sessions per day?
>>
Ebery time I OHP or Bench my right elbow pops

Is this any reason for concern?
>>
File: 1451078846164.jpg (39 KB, 600x568) Image search: [Google]
1451078846164.jpg
39 KB, 600x568
Does creatine fuck with your body fat and weight or does it just make your look juicy also is it recommended on a cut?
>>
File: 144842508938.jpg (75 KB, 600x901) Image search: [Google]
144842508938.jpg
75 KB, 600x901
I'm skinny, 6' 135lbs

I'm drinking 1 serving of whey protein and 3/4ths of a serving of pro gainer after my workouts, and working out every other day. So I'm doing like PxPxLx repeat.

On the rest days I'm doing 20-30 minutes of cardio.

Should I drink the same amount of protein + gainer on rest/cardio days as I do on actual PPL days?

I'm doing cardio because I sit all day for work so I get some movement in my life.

I'm trying to gain muscle, increase lifts, and not put on much fat.
>>
My abs can use some work, would it be better to increase the number of reps per set or increase the number of sets while keeping reps constant? I'm planning to increase either throughout my progress.
>>
>>36511307
if you're not already doing so, eat more chicken breasts and eggs.
if you can get protein powder on sale, go for it.
>>
How much of a meme is doing only deadlifts and squats to work abs? Should you do crunches or something in addition?

Also, does anyone know on stronglifts, when you stall and its time to go from 5x5 to 3x5, do you do the 10% deload again?
>>
>>36501162
its been 2 days I need to know
>>
>>36511306
bump for this
>>
>>36501631
i've noticed that it's been a whole lot slower lately.
>>
>>36512686
natty = natural

using performance enhancing drugs or not.
>>
>>36514633
do abs every couple days but squats and deads do help
>>
>>36514315
your calorie goal and macro's are THE SAME on every single day of the week, doesn't matter how many days a week you work out.
>>
How the fuck do I combat late night eating? It's almost 2 am and I always get hungry around this time of night. I made it through last night without eating anything but I actually want to suppress my appetite this time instead of powering through. Is filling up on water and black coffee the best choice I have? Guys help.
>>
Can I have one uncalculated (non-binge) day a week rather than a cheat day and just eat less the next day to even out my weekly deficit? I'm cutting. Just feel that having one day of freedom from counting cals would be me at ease
>>
Is takjng all my macros at the start of the day a bad idea? (Outside of after and before a workout) can i just take the power, hit my max and then just play with the rest of my daily cals?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.