[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I think I have mono, are my gains dead?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: symptoms.png (148 KB, 413x430) Image search: [Google]
symptoms.png
148 KB, 413x430
I think I have mono, are my gains dead?
>>
Had mono a while back, gains are def dead for like a year, glhf brother
>>
Had one, dropped from 140lbs to 110. Hope things aren't as bad for you, that shit was rough
>>
Most likely yes, I dropped 25 pounds in around three weeks when I had it. Shit is brutal. But the severity is different for each person, hopefully you won't get it as bad.
>>
An ex of mine had it, lost like 10-15lbs of water in 2 weeks and was fine after (back at our swim practice). Like someone else said: it varies.
>>
?

what's so bad about mono?
cant you train through it?
>>
I got it like a year and a half ago and i was too ill to lift for about a month and a half (I got tonsilitis with it too so it was fucking awful)

Think i lost about 4kg or so
>>
>>36498661
If you want to die, sure
>>
Ive had it for the last 6 months from flying abroad.

Gave me difficulty swallowing and generally have felt run down. Ive been training but at probably 60% of what I should be doing.

I feel its been fairly mild compared to how it affects other people
>>
>>36498661
depending on how bad you get it you could be stuck to your bed for a while. And once that goes away your spleen stays enlarged for a while and is at risk of rupturing through impact or exertion
>>
OP is probably just a retard who has the flu
>>
Shit was the worst. Only had it a week, but my whole body hurt to the point I was crying. Fever hit 102. Was sweating all over, horrible night sweats. Dropped 5 pounds that week, had to avoid martial arts for another 2 because it enlarged my spleen. If you really have it, I feel sorry for you. Flu is nothing by comparison.
>>
Hijacking this thread, i've been diagnosed with gallstones, i've had a couple of vomit attacks and aching in my abdomen, doctors might take my precious gallbladder away from me, how fucked are my potential future gains?
>>
>>36496832
WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT TAKE ANTIBIOTICS

I had mono at the same time I had a reaallly bad sinus infection, and my dumbass doctor gave me some anti-biotics. Apparently he didn't know that they react with the epston-barr virus (that causes mono). I broke out with an itchy, measles like rash all over my entire body.

So on top of not being able to breath through my nose, sleeping 16-18 hours a day, and not being able to move my body at all for 3 weeks I got to have that little treat.

Lost 15 pounds, it took me about 5 months to get back to full form because my energy was gone. GLHF
>>
>>36499862
Same here
Had mono and had to go to three different hospitals to get anything done about it because they just kept telling me it was strep and to take my amoxicillin
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.