[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what makes people naturally bigger / stronger than others? there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
File: justaboutdone.jpg (10 KB, 280x200) Image search: [Google]
justaboutdone.jpg
10 KB, 280x200
what makes people naturally bigger / stronger than others?

there is a 16 y/o hawaiian kid at my gym that is 6'0 and like 190lb, pretty lean and all he did before joining a gym was apparently sports and gymnastics as a kid.

despite this he already outlifts me within 6 months of training with barbells while I've been training 2.5 years and weigh a tad bit more. what genetically separates him and I?
>>
>what genetically separates him and I?
genes? I don't get what you're trying to ask.
>>
>>36496209
island people are the BBCs of the sea. They have serious genetics for strength
>>
sterons
>>
>>36496233
I mean, what is specifically different? bone structure, muscle structure, hormones?

>>36496237
I don't think he's unnatty
>>
>>36496243
All of the above, or maybe just a combination of some.

Genes are what make people different man, and unless you map out his genome specifically you're not going to get a cut and dry answer.
>>
Gymnastics makes your upper body stronk as fug
>>
>>36496209
maybe you're just weak... M
>>
>>36496209

Testosterone, androgen receptor density and sensitivy, bone structure. Dozens of factors m8
>>
What are your lifts?
>>
File: WQvxd0H.png (250 KB, 622x348) Image search: [Google]
WQvxd0H.png
250 KB, 622x348
>>36496243
Gee I wonder,he's been training his whole life and you've been a wow gamer until 2,5 years ago when you decided to lay off the doritos and mountain dew and do powerlifting. That's what seperates you. Time.
also your genetics sucks bro
>>
>>36496273
My bests are a 415lb squat, 285lb touch and go bench and 455lb deadlift at 190lb. it took me a year to go from 315lb to 405lb deadlift and nearly 18 months to go from 225lb to 285lb bench

meanwhile this lad literally started on deadlifts with 315lb and has just LP'd his way to 425lbx5 last time I saw him and he is benching 265lbx5 with flat back retard form

I only really am stronger on squats and am certainly not weak
>>
>>36496243
If he's Hawaiian, there's a good chance he's got some Samoan in him. When's the last time you saw a small Samoan?
>>
>>36496305
>Gee I wonder,he's been training his whole life

how the fuck does track and field and bodyweight exercises translate to barbells you fucking idiot

he threw little metal balls and ran around, that has literally zero in common with lifting

please read the sticky at least before posting ffs
>>
>>36496350
>ballthrower
Gee, I Wonder why all olympic winners at That are permabulked
>>
>>36496350
>he threw little metal balls

Please google "shotput" and tell me how many weak looking people you see. throwers and shotputters are some of the biggest freaks on earth and it gets you jacked as fuck
>>
>>36496396
Not to mention, that half of them are powerlifters
>>
File: ashton-eaton-shot-put-1.jpg (665 KB, 2339x1646) Image search: [Google]
ashton-eaton-shot-put-1.jpg
665 KB, 2339x1646
>>36496350
>gee I wonder how doing a sport that requires explosive strength gives someone explosive strength
Newton's second law, kid.
>>
>>36496350
If he's been doing sports for a long time, his mind-muscle connection is likely a lot better than some average Joe that just gets into lifting. Movement is all about your central nervous system and how efficiently it can fire neurons with the tools that it is given.
>>
>>36496272
This x100000

Gymnastics are just as good as lifting weights.
>>
Rrrrrrrrrrrrroids!!!!!
>>
>>36496797
Great answer and agreed, sporting from child fans out to several areas that involve motor skills later in life.
>>
File: 1456836702006.jpg (102 KB, 500x464) Image search: [Google]
1456836702006.jpg
102 KB, 500x464
>It's /fit/ tries to attribute other's strength to genetics episode
>>
>>36496350

i dunno man, been running for 8 years and my legs are over 2x stronger than my arms (despite working my arms more) and i've yet to see a single person at any gym i've been to do higher weight than me on annnny leg lift. and i've beenn lifting for less than a year.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.