[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Speaking as a biochemist i'm amazed at the amount of shit
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
File: mythbusters-main.jpg (842 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
mythbusters-main.jpg
842 KB, 1280x800
Speaking as a biochemist i'm amazed at the amount of shit you cucks buy on the back of supplement company advertising, bro-science, and your "brah's" recommendations. Time for some lifting diet / supplementation myth busting.

> To loose weight you need to diet & exercise according to some form a program.

This is wrong on many levels. Losing weight is the simplest thing you can do, all you need to do is eat at a calorie deficit. Trust me on this, if you take in less calories than you burn throughout the day you WILL loose weight. Period. Guaranteed. It doesn't matter what you eat, mcdoanlds, kale shakes, ben & jerrys etc.. Take in less than your body uses and the weight will go. Cardio will make your body burn through more calories, but isn't a requirement. To all of you saying that you find sticking to a cardio schedule hard, there's no excuse, eat less, you pathetic waste.

> Whey through the day, casin at night, need to keep that stomach working..

Fuck knows where this comes from but this is complete bull. To gain muscle on a lifting schedule you will need to consume roughly 1.8g/kg -> 2.5 g/kg of body weight per day to ensure you have a small surplus that your muscles can build and repair themselves from. That's it. End of. It doesn't matter how long it takes to digest that protein. Casin and whole food protein takes on average a maximum of 6 - 8 hours to digest, well within the 24 hour window. There's absolutely no need to take a slower digesting protein at night to keep the body going, your metabolism definitely does not just shut down overnight. Fuck knows where this came from. All protein supplements with a complete amino and purity profile are the same, all animal based proteins have a complete amino profile. Plant based proteins can be combined to make a complete amino profile.

To be continued.
>>
>>36491698
>This is wrong on many levels.
>continues to prove the point
>>
>2016
> People still believe taking casin at night is necessary.

Feel with you OP, there are retards out there.
>>
>>36491698
Stupidity is a curse, and you haunted nigga.

Your oversimplification is ridiculous.
Gain weight = lift + surplus
Lose weight = Calorie deficit

While technically true, there is far more that goes into it.

It would be like saying

Become rich doctor = study + go to med school

Again, while technically true, it doesn't address all the shit you have to go through in between. If like were that simple everyone would be rich shredded doctors.
>>
>>36491698
King Scooby taught me that if you don't eat protein every four hours your body turns on a 'nuclear reactor' and starts burning muscle. Is this true or did I get scooby-doo'd?
>>
>>36491739

It's hardly an oversimplification. Of course there's actually more to it physically, but this site wont allow me to type more into a comments section. And your example of 'becoming a rich doctor' (Implying doctors are rich, hahaha) is far different. Med school involves years of study, with the possibility of failure. Not everyone is capable of med school, BUT, everyone is capable of loosing weight, simply by eating less. What i'm saying is that anyone feeling put off loosing weight due to having to take part in cardio, shouldn't. Any anyone giving the excuse of not being able to loose weight due to not being physically able to take part in cardio, are fucking pathetic.

Hospital patients are prime examples. Its almost guaranteed (due to small portions) that a hospital patient will loose weight if kept in, i've done it myself, loosing quite a bit of weight over a few weeks merely sitting in bed.
>>
>>36491790
You LOSE weight, you have LOOSE skin.
Learn the difference, faggot
>>
>>36491744

No. While it is a good idea to spread your protein intake throughout the day, preventing feelings of sickness from over eating, it certainly doesn't need to be every 4 hours. Again, fuck knows where this came from.

Your body will burn through its reserve energy stores LONG before it starts to burn through muscle.
>>
>>36491812
Apologies, you fucking cuck. I'm typing this on a phone on my break in work, the keypad isn't exactly the best and the spellcheck is shit. Why don't you try to contribute something helpful? Or not, wouldn't want to stress you into having to think for yourself.
>>
>>36491812
>> HURR HUMAN spellcheck reporting in.

Faggots like this need to expire
>>
>>36491832
I'll contribute with bad grammar like you.
Your retarded
>>
File: image.jpg (38 KB, 498x491) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38 KB, 498x491
The grammar in this thread is rustling my jimmies
>>
>>36491698
Speaking as an anon, yous gay
>>
>>36491698
Op, here's a tip for you:

When people say "lose weight" they actually mean "lose body fat % while maintaining if not building muscle", the only people who want to actually lose weight are the people who self-amputate, are anorexic, or are mega hamplanets for whom there is effectively no difference between losing weight and losing body fat %.

It's kind of like when people say "global warming" they actually mean "catastrophic climate change". "Ban immigration" actually is "enforce existing immigration laws and prosecute people who violate them". And "n-no homo" actually means "please don't tell anyone I'm a massive faggot"
>>
can u explain how to get the full benefit from incomplete protein? i know what they are in theory but how would i incorporate i.e. red lentils into my diet and get the same benefit as i would if i got the protein from meat. is it enough to eat a complete protein alongside it? or do i need to have another incomplete protein that fills in the missing parts as it were
>>
>>36491698
As a biochemist you should have realized that were not all the same by now. Different bodies will act differently to the same diet. Someone who's insulin resistance will have a different effect eating the same food as someone whoa not insulin resistance. Not to say it as an excuse to be fat, but no one single diet will work for everyone. Also losing weight of mcdondalds would be stupid because quality of food does affect you. A heart whole meal will give more energy and keep you Fuller than a Burger. Its also more likely to keep bodily functions running proper like your arteries.
You just made me have lesa respect for biochemists op, I hope you're happy
>>
>>36491698
>cal in cal out
>don't matter what you eat
Did you just watched some YouTube channels then claim you're professional?
Let's see....
Give you only sugar and natella
Give you proper low fat meal and veggies
Same amount of calories
Just don't even start to tell me your body will be the same. Don't trust me? Yeah I'm not scientist. But go ahead try one day diet like that and tell me you won't faint at the end of the day
>>
>>36494041

He didn't say they're the same, just both will make u lose weight if u burned more
>>
>>36491698
You do know there is a sticky right
>>
File: tmp_27827-145824985384311666578.jpg (603 KB, 1383x2579) Image search: [Google]
tmp_27827-145824985384311666578.jpg
603 KB, 1383x2579
>>36493944
Dubs, informational, funny, I'd say that's worth a (you)
>>
>>36491698
yeah, eating 1500 cal of ben and jerrys will make you loose weight,
eating 1500 cal by eating salad, lean meat, low glicemic index carbs will make you loose more fat and less muscles, faggot
>>
>>36491852
Not him but why the fuck would anyone take advice from someone who doesn't know the difference between loose and lose. This nigga don't even know English, fuck him. Better be some foreign mother fucker.
>>
Itt: op posts shit everyone knew

You dont know this board if for bodybuilding memes and homo sex right?
>>
>>36491698
>Losing weight is the simplest thing you can do, all you need to do is eat at a calorie deficit.
at the most basic level thats true, but as a biochemist im certain you know losing weight like this is completely unsustainable unless you add healthy food into your diet. if someone wanted to lose 50lbs, would a -500 calorie a day deficit work if the only thing they ate were spoonfuls of white sugar? yes, they could TECHNICALLY lose a fraction of a pound before they came down with a constant pounding headache and had to start eating actual food, but they arent going to go a whole year on this and meet their goal.
>>
>>36491698
>loose

Is this a non white thing? Cut it the fuck out niggers.
>>
Heh, reminds me of myself...
>>
>>36494560

To be fair again the OP never mentioned just eating one thing, he implied that eating relatively unhealthy meals, while still taking in less calories used, would make a person lose weight, which is true.
>>
Speaking as another bio chemist, i can tell you that you're correct in theory. But there is more to it than that. Which you may well be aware of but as you said there isn't much space to type complicated shit here.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.