[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
75 years ago my grandfather escaped with his life from the USS
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9
File: USSArizona_HR-sstock.jpg (315 KB, 1540x866) Image search: [Google]
USSArizona_HR-sstock.jpg
315 KB, 1540x866
75 years ago my grandfather escaped with his life from the USS Arizona while 1,177 of his shipmates died and went down with the ship. He went on to fight the Japanese at Midway. Yesterday his ashes were returned below the decks of the fallen war ship to rest eternally with his shipmates in their watery tomb. This got me thinking about what I would like to accomplish and be remebered for in my life. What would /fit/ like to be remembered for?
>>
File: uss_arizona_burning_sinking.jpg (2 MB, 3850x2947) Image search: [Google]
uss_arizona_burning_sinking.jpg
2 MB, 3850x2947
>>
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 255x198) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 255x198
>>
File: arizona_cut.gif (829 KB, 280x193) Image search: [Google]
arizona_cut.gif
829 KB, 280x193
>>
>>36487195
>lost my grandpa in May, dem feels
>>
>>36487195

Fought for the wrong side desu senpai
>>
my dick
>>
F
>>
>>36487195
well for starters I'd like to be remembered at all
>>
File: pearl-harbor-attack.png (259 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
pearl-harbor-attack.png
259 KB, 640x430
>>36487453
>tfw if he hadn't been on the top deck at the time of the first Jap bombing run I wouldn't exist
>>
reminder that pearl harbor was a hoax and they just did it for tourist money

>>36487548
youre just another ant on this planet mate, it wouldnt matter if you werent here. nothing would be differemt

ill tip my own fedora
>>
>>36487565
Plenty of things would be different. For one, your mom wouldn't crave the taste of my throbbing cock
>>
File: stop looking at me like that.jpg (106 KB, 682x1024) Image search: [Google]
stop looking at me like that.jpg
106 KB, 682x1024
>>36487586
>>
>>36487195
F
>>
File: that-feel.gif (17 KB, 506x606) Image search: [Google]
that-feel.gif
17 KB, 506x606
When the last surviving crew member of the Arizona finally goes to rejoin his lost shipmates, that is when the oil that has leaked from her hull since they infamous day, will stop.
>>
>>36487548
>tfw if some German pilot had rammed the B24 3 planes behind the lead plane I wouldn't exist.

>Uffz. Heinrich Rosner, (ex-III/JG.102), two B-24 Liberators of the 389th Bomb Group; the first B-24 rammed was lead bomber 44-49533 "Palace of Dallas"; Rosner's aircraft then careened into an unidentified second B-24, possibly the deputy lead bomber;[6] Survived

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sonderkommando_Elbe#Successful_missions
>>
>>36487755
>about a year before he died he asked me to show him how to use the spam folder in his email. I ended up showing him how to use google maps
>found his old airbase
>He said he thought he would never see it agian, but it was still there, still being used.
>pointed out where the barracks and hangers used to be
>Where he and his friends used to bum around
>... that he was the last of his group of friends to still be alive

It was pretty emotional...
>>
Wat, you mean the bodies are still in the ship? Why?
>>
File: 0c3.png (116 KB, 357x411) Image search: [Google]
0c3.png
116 KB, 357x411
>be a national guard fag
>State has massive, federal emergency levels of flooding
>Ask to come on for the relief effort
>Basically no sleep for a week
>end up wading through a mile of shoulder level, nasty ass, cold as fuck flood water to guide our truck to save an elderly couple
>No change of clothes or boots, just deal with it
>Alligators adn snakes literally visible in the water
>Later that day a local radio station interviewed the lady we saved
>She said that was the most selfless thing she's seen anyone do in her entire life
>I literally broke down into tears from this
>>
>>36487906
>Wat, you mean the bodies are still in the ship? Why?

Can't get them out or it was too dangerous to get them out.
>>
>>36487911
My friend told me not to go because the pay for state orders is trash, but I just want to help.

We lost everything in Katrina, I know what it's like. I donated all of the extra cash I made to the flood relief.
>>
>>36487911
respect bro. def gonna make it
>>
>>36487906
Not OP, but yes and no. Essentially a bomb went through the decks of the ship and detonated in the forward magazine of one of the turrets. This created a chain explosion as all the ammunition and gun powder was ignited at once. The explosion was so powerful that its shock wave actually put out the fire of a small ship next to the Arizona. The majority of the crew were killed in that instant and cremated as the ship burned for the next few days. The ones that were on the lower decks were impossible to retrieve because the decks had pretty much collapsed and melted into each other. The government decided to designate it as a tomb for the sailors.
>>
>both of my grandpas were drafted for korea
>one US Infantry, one Airforce Suppy
>Earned my commission through ROTC last year
>Airforce pawpaw told me to work hard and enjoy my time
>Army pawpaw gave me my first salute, and said something about growing old
>asked my dad if he had ever said or wrote anything about Korea
>dad said he has never spoken of it, and refuses to ever remember it
>>
>>36487945

god bless
>>
I plan on becoming famous.

If that fails, I'll get an MBA and run a pharmaceutical company.

If I haven't created a worthwhile name, I'll have kids.
>>
>>36487195
crushing my enemies
see them driven before me
hear the lamentation of their women
>>
>>36488031
>Family comes from a poor background
>like living in tents poor
>Dad works his ass off, escaping from abusive parents and dropped out of high school to take care of his dying grandma
>I fuck around in high school but still do well enough to be able to get into college
>Dad tells me there is no way that he can afford it and take care of the rest of the family
>gives me a long speech about how he will work until he dies and he only does this so I don't have to
>Join the Natty Guard to pay for my college
>Grow to become a patriot, grow to love my country
>FInished college, reenlist as active duty infantry last month
>>
>>36487195
I would love to get into ROTC at uni. It would be the best thing ever for me. Im smart enough (I Hope) and the major I want to go into is pretty useful for the army. Your grandpa was a badass OP.
>>
>>36488119
>Be me
>Both my Grandpa's were badass airborne and infantry soldiers
>Talk to them about it and they said it was a great ride
>Still be me, a peice of shit who droppes out of college twice and works part time at a shit job
>Fit because too autistic to do anything else but work out
>Not dead grandpa comes over to visit. Asks me to help him cut a tree down in the backyard
>I refuse becuase i'm sore and couldn't be bothered
>He looks at me with those eyes full of pity. Probably wondering where him and my dad went wrong
>Can't handle the thought of letting my cancer ridden grandpa have a grandson as scummy as myself
>Become selfless, get a better job, help around the house and apply to join the Infantry
Fuck guys. Don't be me. The selfishness that my grandpa witnessed in me haunts me still. I can't bear the idea that i'll become a worthless human being. The army is the only thing i can think of that i could still be capable of. I just hope it can help me forget what i was like a couple years back.
>>
>>36488221
OP here, you'll do him proud. I'm kinda like you, I knew my grandpa loved me but I'm wondering what the man who fought at Pearl Harbor as a 19 year old REALLY thought of me...
>>
>>36488267
I'm 25 haven't had any comendable feats except a 1pl8 ohp lel
>>
>>36488221
The Army tends to make people better. I'm >>36487911 but I did a year active training and I have lots of friends who are active.Liberals and 4chan tends to make out soldiers and welfare queens and cucks, but really most of them are great people who love their country. I love my country and one of the major reasons I joined up was to help out. I had a platoon sergeant who was too fucking based for his own good.

He kept shit so real, gave actual life advice, even soldiers that other segeants just told to fuck off (Article 15's n shit) he would believe in them till the end.

I'm rambling as shit because I'm drunk as fuck on my first day off in two weeks but man just remember, the army is what you make of it, you're a patriot bro. You're one of the fucking few who would give up everything for another person. I know I would.

love you bro
>>
>>36488267
Yeah. When both my grandpa's were my age one was studying to become an officer and the other was already enlisted in the most dangerous army branch jumping out of planes. I'm only 20 and they did so much more than me. I can't let them down
>>
>>36488277
W-were gonna make it
Love you too bro. Thank you for your service
>>
File: 20160128_231050.jpg (2 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [Google]
20160128_231050.jpg
2 MB, 3264x1836
>>36487195
OP here again. Have to brag on him some more cause I'm drunk and Fuck you that's why. I wish I would've have asked him about these, would like to know why he got that bronze star
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.