[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZx l-zuREP0 Up until he st
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: rickypancakespaleodiet.png (671 KB, 1392x942) Image search: [Google]
rickypancakespaleodiet.png
671 KB, 1392x942
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZxl-zuREP0

Up until he starts chastising meat-eating, VG seems to put up some valid and respectable points about Kinobody's training and dieting methods.

>Do you work out 5/6/7+ times a week, /fit/?
>What is your take on intermittent fasting?
>Also, does VeeginGaines seem reasonable in this video, as opposed to his previous ones?
>>
His points on meat being shitty for you and all that are usually pretty accurate though.

IF just works. Against all expectations, I get better cuts with 23 hour fasting and cramming my food in a one hour period. Noticeably better, better on record.

As long as you aren't hitting things more than twice weekly it's probably fine I guess

I literally didn't watch the video
>>
>>36484077
>I literally didn't watch the video
Thanks for pointing that out.
I thought you just figuratively watched the video.
>>
>>36484045

I don't think there is anything bad about it, if it helps you stay lean and make gains who cares. There isn't anything special about it either.

Also, Kinobody just ripped off Martin Berkhan's whole protocol. IF, RPT, etc. Although Berkhan didn't exactly invent IF or RPT.
>>

Good to do once in a while since it was proven that it was good for your body.
>>
IF is a meme for stupid people who can't be assed to count calories.

Also VG is a self admitted lunatic
>>
>>36484045
>>What is your take on intermittent fasting?
All day everyday m8. Intermittent fasting is like cheating. You can't cheat the calories, but you can cheat the hunger. I could cut all fucking year breh.
>>
>Greg: I do intermit...
>DUDE HES STARVING HIMSELF DUDE MEAT WHAT THE FUCK GARBAGE FOOD CANCER HEART STARVING DUDE WTF HE'S SOME FLIMSY BACKGROUND PAPER THAT PROVES EVERYTHING
>Greg: You can't expect to do full-body workouts on maximum inte...
>SEEE SEEE THIS HE'S FUCKING DYING HE JUST SAID HE'S LITERALLY DYING
>>
>>36486076
VG has never been the voice of reason, literally gloated when his grandfather died.
>>
how does VG have fans? he's such an unstable faggot.
>>
>>36484045
VG pulls up a source citing that optimal protein synthesis somehow means that excess proteins in a meal is wasted.

well... https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19776143
>>
Whats the point in starving yourself all day?

What benefit does IF have, why not just eat a healthy diet and exercise?

Your energy must be shit to go all day without eating, lifting and doing cardio fasted. Do people actually make any gains like this.
>>
>>36486170
>Whats the point in starving yourself all day?
Found the fatty.
What makes you think not eating for 16 hours is starving?
>>
>>36486170
>day
>starving
Human body is capable of surving for a month without food, you're fucking retarded if you think 20 hours of fasting will create any adverse effects
>>
>>36486187
Why though, how do you have a good lifting workout go to work and do cardio?

I eat as much as i want but i eat clean and actually workout, i can lose weight on just under 3000 kcal, why make yourself suffer in mood and energy when you can just exercise more?
>>
>>36486170

The idea is that by restricting the time in which you can eat, your physical capacity to eat enough to maintain bodyweight is diminished. It's an effective method for those without the self control to just not eat so fucking much
>>
>>36486241
I don't suffer in mood or energy at 16 hours. In fact, intermittent fasting has given me mental gains too, but that seems to differ from person to person.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3106288/

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/24440038

I'm not gonna claim anything is set in stone yet, as the science is still pretty new. But more and more evidence (from what i've gathered) seem to be piling up saying the same thing, and my personal experience reflects that. So for me, it's a no brainer.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.