[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://www.oregonlive.com/health/in dex.ssf/2016/03/only_27_
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: download.jpg (8 KB, 259x194) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8 KB, 259x194
http://www.oregonlive.com/health/index.ssf/2016/03/only_27_percent_of_us_adults_l.html
Kek. Thoughts? How does it feel being in the top 2.7 percent brahs?
>>
>>36480562

Fucking hell that's low.

>Only 2.7 percent of adults nationwide have all four basic healthy characteristics, a new study found.
>moderate exercise, a good diet, not smoking and having a recommended body fat percentage.
>>
>>36480591

I think the 'not smoking' is skewing the curve a bit. 'Not drinking regularly' should also be on the list, imo. Drinking is just as bad a smoking.
>>
>>36480597
Also, if they're gauging exercise by accelerometer, would that not make weight training harder to detect?
>>
>>36480562
>10 percent had a normal body fat percentage

fucking lol
>>
>>36480648
I wonder what their cutoff was?
>>
>>36480656
I've heard 20% being tossed out as the medical cut off several times, but I have no idea for this study in particular.
>>
>>36480665
20% for men that is, not sure about women, although it's gonna be higher obviously.
>>
I drink almost daily but not heavily, couple beers or a shot or two of whiskey.
I smoke marijuana daily.

But I also train daily and work manual labor.

Diet could improve. I've kinda fallen into a meat, salsa, and tortillas kinda guy. Need to get back into making my roasts and stews for all them nutrients and stop using multivitamins as a crutch.
>>
>>36480700
Meat, salsa and salad is good
>>
>>36480717
I've been a lot more flexible lately, eating a wider range of foods, but my default "I need protein" meal is tortilla chips, salsa, and a pound of baked chicken breasts seasoned with salt, cummin, garlic, and chili powder.

Just works, and then I usually don't even have to worry about getting my macros in after that. More freedom to eat whatever the fuck my peoples want to eat.
>>
>>36480743
>my default "I need protein" meal is tortilla chips, salsa, and a pound of baked chicken breasts seasoned with salt, cummin, garlic, and chili powder.

I'm going to steal that recipe.
>>
>>36480597
>Drinking is just as bad a smoking
Not even close. Smoking causes over a million deaths annually globally. Driving causes about sixty thousand. They're magnitudes apart, and I wish straight edge faggots would stop pretending otherwise, it's as bad as vegans saying red meat is basically smoking.
>>
>>36480843
Drinking, not driving. Fucking Swype, I miss the sliding keyboards.
>>
>>36480562
we r elite brehs
>>
>>36480843

Drinking excessively helps contribute to all sorts of diseases and overall bad health, faggot, not to mention obesity.
>>
>>36480871
yes my friend, we are
Tier 1
>>
>>36480764
If you're in the US, Walmart sells bags of boneless, skinless chicken breasts frozen solid. They cheap and are great for this. Bake a pound of them frozen at 375 for an hour in the middle rack and they usually come out perfect.

A few less minutes for less breasts.
>>
>>36480968
>excessively

Exactly. Just drinking is fine, and up to six drinks a day still drastically lowers your risk of heart disease.
>>
>>36480627
did you just realise weight lifting is not complete exercise? if you're a 400lbs fat powerlifter you might be good at your lifts,but that doesn't mean you are FIT by any stretch of the word.A fit person has strength,endurance and speed no matter his focus.
>>
>>36481625
> and up to six drinks a day still drastically lowers your risk of heart disease.
what kind of shit third world school did u attend?
the cdc recommends up to 2 drinks per day for men who drink,and also recommends that non drinking people should not start drinking alcohol for any health benefits since they are outshadowed by the negative effects.
This is on par with most european countries guidelines.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.