[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Breakfast?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: breakfast.jpg (63 KB, 600x398) Image search: [Google]
breakfast.jpg
63 KB, 600x398
What should I eat for breakfast? I need to improve my breakfast game, I feel tired and hungry in the morning. I used to eat cereal and milk which was fine but lately I wanted to get off dairy. This morning I had a banana, an apple, and a large sandwich with ham and whole wheat bread. On some days I eat eggs with leftover white rice, that breakfast rules but I don't always have white rice or time to prepare it in the morning.

What do you suggest?
>>
>>36480103

Especially the carbs part, I need something for that.

For some reason a croissant fills me up more than just bread, I guess it's because of the extra fat and calories in the croissant? Should I eat those if I'm cuttign?
>>
>>36480103
Bacon and eggs with baked beans on toast
>>
I have a sweet potato every morning and I'm usually good till noon.
>>
>>36480134

Are you a girl?
>>
>>36480149
5'11 190lbs naw
>>
>>36480103
Oats with greek yoghurt, fruits and berries. Oh and water + coffee.
>>
>>36480134
+1 for the sweet potato. I just blend it up with my protein shake, saves having to chew.
>>
>>36480103
breakfast burrito: 4 scrambled eggs, 2 slices bacon, cheese and salsa to taste

takes like five minutes to make
>>
File: 1457388143503.jpg (37 KB, 480x357) Image search: [Google]
1457388143503.jpg
37 KB, 480x357
Eggs on a slice of bread or something along those lines. My breakfast today was this:

155g of eggs, 10g of ketchup, 5g of oil to fry my eggs in, 1dl of milk for my tea & 80g of a darker bread (2 slices)

Around 36 carbs, 32 proteins, 27 fats in 520 calories.

Might not be the tastiest or healthiest but it's a well-rounded breakfast.
>>
Couple Eggs fried, couple sausage, couple slices of toast with peanut butter
>>
>>36480168
same. occasionally throw a scoop in there
>>
>>36480267
>same. occasionally throw cancer in there
fixed that for you buddy
>>
>>36480103
>eat cereal and milk
Falling for the Kellogg's insuline spike meme

You have to eat eggs with onions, green onions, chesse, bacon or sausage (multiple options) and a piece of fruit if you need the carbs.
>>
>>36480168

Shit I'm such a retard! I forgot I bought oats!

I'll make it with water though since I'm avoiding diary.
>>
Ham and cheese omelette with bacon erryday
>>
>>36480106
Carbs are very important in the morning. You are feeling tired due to inadequate feeding. Whether you want to accept it or not, hormones play a larger role in our daily lives than you'd imagine. Eating specific food in the morning allow the body to function more...appropriately.

For example, in the morning when we rise with the sun our body prepares us for a day of work by releasing larger amounts of cortisol, dopamine, and adrenaline. To support this release of hormones, its important to have foods that support these hormones, such as whole milk. Complex carbs are also important in the morning since they increase insulin and serotonin, which diminishes the needs of eating sugar in the early to mid-afternoon.

Sources:http://www.easycoursesportal.com/dietcourse/coursec/Less-26.htm

in essence, you feel like shit because of the way you eat. The body works in a pretty predetermined way, its your job to support it. What do you want for breakfast?

Whole milk, eggs, yogurt, fruit, oats, whey protein. Use a blender, make a shake. fuck
>>
>>36481408

What can I get for complex carbs?

I don't want whole milk I need something else without dairy.
>>
>>36480103
Oats and eggs.
>>
>>36480103
I usually eat scrambled eggs with a bit of creme fraiche and either a banana or an apple.

>>36480176
>saves having to chew.
Goodbye facial gains.

Seriously though, you do know that you need to chew in order not to look like a degenerated mouth breather?
>>
>>36481462
We generally recommend oats first because they're of their low insulin response. That's sorta a shitty scale, however nonetheless oats still are one of the slowest digesting carbs, lots of fiber, decent source of protein and has small amounts of fat. Its a fantastic carb.

Sweet potato, oats, brown rice, black beans are all plenty fine. Theres definitely others that I dont eat like people have lentils, quinoa, couscous.

Instead of whole milk, you need a high fat/high protein food. Your hormone response is obviously a pretty impactful one, so it's important to find a food with a similar nutrient based profile. High fat/moderate protein/moderate carb.

>>36481522
Eggs work, they're great in the morning
>>
>>36480482
If you're skipping the yogurt (protein) either add a side of eggs, or a scoop or two.
>>
File: whatscoops.jpg (9 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
whatscoops.jpg
9 KB, 480x360
4 scoops
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.