[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you guys think bent over rows or squats or other indirect
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1
File: images.jpg (9 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9 KB, 275x183
Do you guys think bent over rows or squats or other indirect core work is sufficient enough to build a great set of abs (after a cut) or do you think ab isolation exercises are nessicary for adequate ab development?
>>
I think you should do the maximum, not the minimum, my man.
>>
isolations, do NOT fall for the "compounds will work the abs enough" meme, take the extra 10-15 minutes every other workout to ensure you have what you want, compounds build CORE STRENGTH and NOT AB DEFINITION, major differences that will fuck your desired physique up if you choose to ignore them
>>
What weighted ab exercises are the best and hit all of or the majority of your abs?
>>
>>36478501
I do planks, weight decline crunches with the free weight above my head, that weighted crunch machine, cardio, and the weighted obliques machine. 5x5.
>>
>>36478508
>abs 5x5

Is this bait? You're doing powerlifting sets to train your abs?

If you want good looking abs you gotta train hypertrophy. 8 reps at least, suggest 12 or even 15 per set.
>>
Compounds train abs but most forget to tense their core while lifting.
>>
Do diddly's build core strength?
>>
>>36479025
Yeah, you use your whole body almost.
>>
>>36478416
Honestly no one knows the right answer to this question. I have abs and i do ab exercises but could i have gotten them without those ecercises? Maybe, mayne not.
I mean who the fuck has an actual answer to this?
Since no one has any fucking idea i say do isolstions just in case theyre necessary. Better safe than sorry.
>>
Currently I only train basic lifts and compounds 5x5, 3 times a week. Since cutting back on eating every piece of food that is in front of me, I start to have my abs showing.

My question is: if I include ab isolation in my workout (basically going against my "program"), will it hinder my performance by fucking with my back and hips? If I look at planks or the ab wheel, they look like they are more like a back/hip flexor excersize, than an ab excersize. And I don't want those muscles stressed unnecessarily..
>>
>>36479025
wtf is a diddly, literally can not find it on the internet
>>
>>36479680
I love you. C'mere I wanna pinch your cute lil newfag booty
>>
>>36479685
god damn it just help me

im sitting here in my room with 6 lb plastic dumbells and 4lb dumbells holding both at once and 3 lb ankle weights around my wrists not knowing what a diddly is

am i gona maek it brah
>>
>>36479692
>inb4 spoonfeeding

It's dat der deadlift sonny boy
>>
>>36479692
deadlift

i hate spoonfeeding

lurk moar fag
>>
>>36479080
just because you have no clue doesn't mean people who actually view lifting as more than just 6 sets of different bicep curls 3 days a week don't you fucking retard, stop projecting so hard

YES you need isolations, holy shit
>>
http://www.startbodyweight.com/p/leg-raises-progression.html
>>
>>36479692
deadlifts friendo
>>
>wanting abs
>asking if you can do this instead of that
>what about these instead of these
>not just doing all of it

C'MON WHATEVER IT TAKES, RIGHT BABE?!
>>
Can anyone show what abs look like after doing compounds, no isolation, and lowish body fat?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.