[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
A mistake I see far too many guys and gals falling into when
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: meoneyear.jpg (36 KB, 480x480) Image search: [Google]
meoneyear.jpg
36 KB, 480x480
A mistake I see far too many guys and gals falling into when they are just starting out or even coming back after a long hiatus, is getting onto a routine that is intended for intermediates and often times advanced lifters not a beginner.

Many times these are what are referred to as “brosplits” that train different body parts each day in the gym. Not only are these programs sub-optimal for someone just starting out they can even sometimes be counterproductive, overwhelming muscle groups that aren’t ready for that kind of strain.

You will be far better served getting onto a strong novice routine. These often times consist of a full-body workout which, generally speaking, you’ll perform three days a week.

After a solid 6 months to one year of consistently training, you may then start to looking into splits like an Upper/Lower or possibly a Push, Pull, Legs.

Go and there and get it.
>>
i started a split 6 months in. it's been about 6 months since then and i've made good gains, go away
>>
>>36476766
that kids body gives me the creeps. when you got lats wider than your hips, consider me spooked.
>>
>>36476766
hey thanks for regurgitating the sticky!
>>
>>36476766

> Not only are these programs sub-optimal for someone just starting out they can even sometimes be counter-productive, overwhelming muscle groups that aren’t ready for that kind of strain.

I don't understand this statement.

Sub-optimal by what metric?

How could it possibly be counter-productive, from a stand point of physiology that doesn't make sense.

What constitutes "overwhelming" the muscle groups, and what exactly does it mean for a muscle group to be not ready for a specific stimuli?
>>
>>36476785
lol meant reverse. hips wider than lats
>>
>>36476793
>What constitutes "overwhelming" the muscle groups
Beginners can't tolerate too high a training volume per muscle group.
>How could it possibly be counter-productive
Protein synthesis lasts 48 hours and therefore it is optimal to train muscle groups 2+ times a week.
>>
>>36476799
>>36476785
genetics bruh. your probably a fat ass anyways
>>
>5 years of TV potato (fukken kids)
>4 months crossfit HIIT
>down almost 40lb
>getting fit as fuck
>there's no stoppin us

Come and here and gtfo
>>
>>36476820
also all of this is in the sticky and I don't know why this thread was even made
>>
>>36476827
what are you blabbing about?
>>
>taking a picture sticking your tongue out
what a faggot
>>
>>36476820

> Beginners can't tolerate too high a training volume per muscle group.

Tolerate meaning?

Sorry but you're using extremely broad and sweeping statements to try to make a point. You need to clarify exactly what you're trying to say or else it just seems pseudo-science babble.

> Protein synthesis lasts 48 hours and therefore it is optimal to train muscle groups 2+ times a week.

I totally agree, and the research supports this statement.

However, I don't see how that means splits are ineffective.

I do a split right now that hits all muscles 2x a week.
>>
>>36476877
>Tolerate meaning?
I don't think it's "pseudo-science babble" to say that your body become more accustomed to strain the more it's strained, my man.
>However, I don't see how that means splits are ineffective.
He meant brosplits that hit each muscle group once per week are ineffective.
>>
>>36476906

> I don't think it's "pseudo-science babble" to say that your body become more accustomed to strain the more it's strained, my man

Right, so the body can't tolerate the workload.

Sure, that's true the beginner has less stamina.

So why does this disqualify a split, wouldn't it make sense to just start doing the split and let your body adjust over time?

> He meant brosplits that hit each muscle group once per week are ineffective.

Oh, well then yeah it's not the most effective on a stand point of maximizing growth within a time frame.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (18 KB, 253x250) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
18 KB, 253x250
what the fuck is this supposed to be lol

Glad to see you kept your humility
>>
>>36476998
>So why does this disqualify a split
Most beginner strength gains come from CNS adaptions rather than actual muscle growth. 3 or 4 sets of bench twice a week is all the stimulus you need to induce CNS adaption in the chest. A brosplit inherently implies a lot more volume per muscle group on one day, volume that it doesn't need in order to adapt as a beginner.
>>
>>36476877
I'm not op but here's my take.

A beginner full body routine 3 days a week is best for beginners because you hit each muscle group 3 times a week.

Most splits work the muscles 1-2 times a week.

full body you are working each muscle group more each week.

Once you get in to the intermediate territory and start lifting heavier weights I think a split is best though.
>>
>>36477078

Shit, I dunno.

I don't see the point in doing a routine because just because its advertised as a beginner routine.

When I started 5-6 years ago I just went straight into an intermediate routine.

The issue with there being too much volume is justified, but you know what's the best way to adapt to a lot of volume? Do a lot of volume.

I just view it as coddling yourself.

I dunno I'm sure some SS warriors will argue this point, but from all the people I started lifting with years ago I ended up being the strongest and most well rounded out of all of us.
>>
>>36477161
I'm talking exclusively about brosplits here. I see no problem hopping on whatever program so long as it's a 2x bodypart/week routine and doesn't include like 70 sets of chest a week or something
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.