[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Fitness trackers / heart rate monitors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3
Hey /fit/

Anyone use a fitness tracker? I'm mostly interested in measuring tracking my heart rate during cardio, but in most of the poorfag ones I've found so far, the heart rate monitoring is more for sleep tracking.

Most of the other bells and whistles of fitness trackers don't really appeal to me - my phone takes care of GPS, I can eyeball my calories reasonably well, and I could live without a pedometer. All I want is to get a sense of how hard I'm kicking my ass (or not) when cycling hard.
>>
>>36475866
I have an apple watch and use it like a fitness tracker, its pretty great
>>
>>36475866
They all suck and have shitty HR monitors. They pretty much all come with a disclaimer that the HR monitor isnt actually accurate. There are some class action lawsuits going on right now.
>>
>>36475866
>>36475926
Ill add you can buy a HR monitor that isnt part of a wrist based fitness tracker if thats all you are really interested in.
>>
>>36475911
which one you have?

i have the 42 sport gray

pretty good for $400
>>
>>36476004
I've got the same one. I was worried about the battery life at first, but I've never had it run out of juice in a day. overall bretty gud
>>
>>36475866
You dumb shit, fitness trackers are SHIT and you're a moron for wasting your time and money on them.
>>
>2016
>wearing over priced bracelets
>>
>>36476204
What, did you think that was my wrist in the picture?
>>
>paying $400 for HR monitor
>not taking pulse with finger and clock between sets

Some people have more money than sense
>>
>>36475866

I don't see much point.

Just put two fingers on the right spot in your neck and you can get a pretty good feel for your HR.

If you are at 120 beats a minute you are at a high rate and giving yourself a great cardio workout. Don't stay at this level for more than 20 - 30 minutes.
>>
>>36475866
Fitbit Charge HR is REALLY helpful. Genuinely useful. I suggest it
>>
>>36475866
I got my girlfriends old fitbit charge HR. Kind of fun for the heart rate tracking. I couldn't care less about distance walked or steps taken though. The timer function is somewhat useful and easy to access. Battery lasts me about a week and it's a year old. I only wear it at the gym or when I'm playing sports. I've got way too many watches to waste my wrist real estate on a fitbit.

Tl;dr Heart rate monitoring is fun, sleep tracking is aight, use the timer function for workouts and sexy time to get higher resolution heart rate data.

Don't buy one at retail price. Hit up Craigslist for half price brand new in box and you'll be happy with it.
>>
I have a FitBit Charge HR. Compared to a cheap Chinese fingertip Pulse Ox monitor I have it seems accurate but slower to register changes. I also like the silent alarm.

I have discovered that my resting heart rate varies with my diet. When I'm strict with my calorie intake I'm in the mid 50s / low 60s, when I go off diet like around the holidays I'm up in the 70s. I've done some looking in medical literature for more information about this but so far I haven't found anything.
>>
>>36476529
Same here. Used to wear it everyday, and as cool as step count was, I wasn't gonna wear that shit over a nice Rolex in a fresh fit.

>>36476607
Also same. Days I eat well, and exercise frequently, my HR is noticeably lower. Cool af
>>
File: xiaomi_mi_1s.jpg (192 KB, 655x436) Image search: [Google]
xiaomi_mi_1s.jpg
192 KB, 655x436
you should check out the "Xiaomi Mi Band 1s".
it's dirtcheap and if you're using an android phone you can track your heart rate in custom intervals like every 10 sec while training e.g.
i got one for my girlfriend and was surprised, it cost like 17 $
>>
>>36478961
I thought the Mi Band's heart-rate tracking was more for sleep monitoring than training.
>>
>>36478961
>>36478971
Ah, the Mi Band Pulse, just released in China last November? Looks interesting, checking to see if it's available in my area.
>>
>>36478971
can't really answer that but i'm sure there are some tests to read
>>
>>36479012
i ordered it in hongkong, shipping to germany is free.
it's available in europe too but costs 4 dollar more.
just make sure to look for the "1s" version because the older versions don't have the heart rate monitor.

i bought it here: http://www.gearbest.com/smart-wristband/pp_263275.html?wid=1
>>
Charge HR is really cool just because it looks at your heart rate to figure out calories burnt. It's probably not 100% accurate, but I don't expect it to be. It's a good way to compare day on day.
>>
I have a Garmin Vivoactive w the heart rate chest strap for tracking my HR during workouts. Built in GPS and tracks running, cycling and swimming. I use it to track my lifting as well by putting it in indoor walking mode and editing the activity inside Garmins app on my phone.

I don't think a tracker is necessary at all but being able to know how many calories I burned during a workout is pretty cool.
>>
File: Suunto_m2black.jpg (150 KB, 900x600) Image search: [Google]
Suunto_m2black.jpg
150 KB, 900x600
>>36475866
I have this one.
>>
>>36476480
>Don't stay at this level for more than 20-30 minutes?

Explain please.
>>
HR monitors are worthless and complete wastes of money for fitness reasons
they are still mostly worthless for people competing at amateur level endurance sports

HR varies a ton +/-10%, more than what it can tell you about where your body is at performance wise, especially when combined with HR lag

If you are into competing in things like running or cycling then they make a little bit more sense but only for looking at long term fitness trends
>>
Anyone have this one?

https://www.gymwatch.com

I've been doing research and this looks like the best one for weight training and offers the most instead of the fitbit meme. But looking for feedback if anyone got it
>>
The fitbit with the heart rate monitor ain't bad. It can go as low as $100. Don't depend on an accessory to make you fit. It's all gimmicks. Nothing beats a chest monitor for accuracy.
>>
>>36481404
He's full of shit.
>>
gay and pointless.
>>
Completely pointless at best.
>>
>>36475866
Just sit and count your pulse

Or, like, actually exercise. After a while you'll know what the equivalent of your 1rm is for running. Can judge how hard you're going, how out of breath, etc
>>
>>36475866
Wrist worn hr monitors aren't great for during your workout but I love my fitbit charge hr for the daily resting heart rate info and being able to tell if I'm overtraining, getting sick, dehydrated, etc. (Elevated heart rate when resting)

If you want to do heart monitor training, chest straps are the way to go. Way more accurate, cheaper too.
>>
My girlfriend recently bought me a FitBit Blaze. It's pretty cool, but I think it's mostly pointless and looks lame. I'm also skinny so it makes me just seem like a nerd instead of a swoll fitbro
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.