[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/, why do I have high blood pressure? I'm a 23 y.o.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
/fit/, why do I have high blood pressure? I'm a 23 y.o. male, 6'2", 205lbs, I do cardio 2-3 times per week for about 40 minutes, lift regularly, and eat fairly well. What gives?
Had a reading of 134/91 today.
>>
Possibly stress or genetically prone to higher blood pressure. That or you eat shittier than you think. Or the blood pressure monitor you're using may be inaccurate. If you're concerned, go to a doctor and have it properly checked out.
>>
>>36475283
I've been tracking my meals and only eating ~2500 kcals per day, and I'm a carpenter so I get plently of exercise at work as well. I'm in between insurance providers right now or I wouldn't be asking 4chan for medical advice lol
>>
>>36475345
Well, it isn't too high. Just see if you can up your cardio some and possibly lower your sodium intake a bit. Over 140/90 is when you're at risk of their being problems.
>>
>>36475203

131/90 is fine, that's not high blood pressure.
>>
>>36475203
Borderline Hypertension last time I went to the doctor.

They said I should be mindful of it. I think they're just heart gain goblins.
>>
What's all of your guys' resting heart rate?

45bpm reportin in
>>
OP here, resting rate is about 65-70bpm. Gonna add another day of cardio every week and cut out some salt, see if that helps. Don't wanna die young
>>
>>36475412
63bpm. And my blood pressure (last time I had it checked was mid-Dec.) was 114/75. It'd be lower if the people at my work didn't make me pissed off every day.
>>
Last time I donated platelets they sphyged me at 120/86.
>>
>>36475444
How much cardio do you do right now? Got any times?
Don't fall for the cardio killz gains meme here, you just have to eat more to make up for it. No reason you cant be muscular fit AND cardio fit.
>>
>>36475497
Like I said about 40 min 3x week. I don't know speeds or anything, I usually do the stairmaster at like 60%, something like 150 floors in 45 minutes or so.
>>
You drinking ~half a gallon of water a day?
>>
>>36475412

fitbit says im sitting at 49 atm

feels comfy.
>>
>>36475554
Probably not. Will that make a pretty big difference? Used to drink ~1.5 gal a day, got lazy and sick of peeing every half hour
>>
>>36475203
Medical intern here.

Seems like white coat effect. Also, 134/91mmHg isn't high pressure, just slightly above average. High systolic pressure starts at 140mmHg and diastolic starts at 100mmHg.
>>
>>36475203

You actually have to sit down and rest for a couple minutes before taking your resting blood pressure.
>>
>>36475964
But if you're still worried at your blood pressure, try this:
http://dashdiet.org/what_is_the_dash_diet.asp
>>
>>36475964

Over 130/90 is prehypertensive and not healthy, just not clinically important to a physician.
>>
>>36475203
You need a number of readings to get an accurate view, many things like diet, caffeine, alcohol, recent exercise, stress can alter it.

My mom is a nurse and likes to take my BP every now and then when I visit her. Its always 30-40 points higher when I am around the senpai than when I am not. They stress me out, probably in part because my mom insists on taking my BP and freaks out even though she is a big cause for it being higher.
>>
>>36475964

Is that where you get anxious when they measure which spikes hr and bp?

Happens to me and it sucks.
>>
File: 1364375692919.jpg (308 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
1364375692919.jpg
308 KB, 1920x1200
How about your ask your dr?
>>
>>36475203
I have low blood pressure. I can't do power cleans without getting a blood rush. It's really annoying when you do oly lifting. Thankfully it's really not as bad when doing the full lifts because of the slow squat after the third pull.
>>
Drop 30lbs and report back
>>
>>36475964
Came here to post this. You're probably fine, op.
>>
File: image.jpg (13 KB, 397x418) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
13 KB, 397x418
18 here. Had a reading of 172/98 and several others around that range multiple times after I went from 150 ish to 200+. I didn't feel anything physically wrong with me but it scared me dickless. Still trying to lower it even now I'm like 150/80 now and am having a surprisingly hard time getting it lower
>>
>>36476927
6'2" @175? Skellington mode pls go.

>>36475964
Was thinking possibly this, blood pressure drops as I repeat the test, just not sure which one to take as accurate.

>>36476420
Fuck that sounds awful too. How do you fix low blood pressure, McDoubles? Lol
>>
Stress can make it higher temporarily.

Went to the doctor once and he told me I was borderline hypertension. Have had my blood pressure read again dozens of times since then and it's been normal every time.
>>
>>36478009
>Fuck that sounds awful too. How do you fix low blood pressure, McDoubles? Lol
idk, it's genetics.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.