[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Anyone nightshift here?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: 1453555554085.jpg (86 KB, 960x940) Image search: [Google]
1453555554085.jpg
86 KB, 960x940
Does anyone here work nightshift?
I'm starting a nightshift job for the foreseeable future and wanted to know if anyone had any tips on training and nightshift

like is it better to go to the gym straight after work in the morning and then go to sleep
or
better to go straight to sleep get up then go to the gym then work
>>
>>36474985
always better to train before bed because the body does its repairs, ie builds muscle, during sleep.
>>
File: berserk-25267.jpg (107 KB, 800x1163) Image search: [Google]
berserk-25267.jpg
107 KB, 800x1163
Gym after work, senpai. I worked a night delivery job that I hated, and the rage from it made me want to lift. So I would always keep my gym gear with me in my car so that as soon as I clocked out, I could go lift for an hour or so, go grab some food from an open late Chinese place and a shake, then browse /fit/ until I got tired. Usually be asleep by 5 or 6AM.
>>
>>36475049
Im working from 12am till 9 am so I'd have to go to the gym at about 10am maybe sleep for like 2 or 3 pm but thanks man
>>36475031
thanks i think i will train after work then
>>
I worked third shift in a factory, and that's when I had my greatest gainz. I worked out immediately after work, because the gym was always empty then, and I could get in and out quickly, and get on with whatever errands I had to run. Also, access to all those cheap as hell breakfast places for post workout meals.
>>
>>36474985
Work out after work or on days off; if possible during work. :-)
For sleep and recovery.
Tape cardboard over windows in your bed room. It is the best way to block sunlight plus thick curtains.
Get into a sleep routine and stick to it. Charge phone, take supplements (melatonin, whey, ZMA), light reading, etc.
If you can invest in: ear plugs, a night mask, dark sheets, a fan, and a second alarm.
Pick up some sleeping pills just in case.

Sleeping during the day can be a struggle so you really need to make additional effort for a good sleep IMHO.

Good luck.
>>
File: 1386803991447.jpg (15 KB, 430x320) Image search: [Google]
1386803991447.jpg
15 KB, 430x320
>>36474985
Whatever you decide to do, just make sure to keep it consistent. When I worked nights, the hardest part was getting back around 6 am, and not sleeping some days. My sleep and eating schedule got incredibly fucked up.
Not sure on the actual science of it, but I found a couple articles for you breh.
>http://sleepcenter.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=54

>http://www.webmd.com/sleep-disorders/features/shift-work-how-to-handle-sleep-life

2nd one is webmd, so take it with a grain of salt

We're all gonna make it
>>
>>36475049
>>36476815
Work out after work. You won't have exhausted yourself going in to work, you'll exhaust yourself to sleep and recharge.
>>
I used to do 11pm-7am. I'd come home and eat cup of oats and 5 eggs. Sleep for 3/4 hours. Eat. 30min digestion. Gym. Sleep for 3 or 4.wake, eat, shower, back to work
>>
That depends on what your doing.
If you're unloading and stocking shelves for a grocery store 3-10am, then you might want to train before you go to work, depending on your ability to recover.
>>
Currently 7pm - 3am
Workout on my "lunch" break at 11. Gym is a ghost town.
>>
7pm-7am

Whenever as normally dead by the end of it (even if get some sleep at work)
>>
File: 1450458752945.jpg (62 KB, 640x426) Image search: [Google]
1450458752945.jpg
62 KB, 640x426
>>36475031
first post as always best post
>>
>>36475031
Train in bed
>>
>>36474985
I work from 8pm-6am every day right now senpai. Go to the gym after work, and consider taking a vitamin D supplement. Other than that just make sure you eat healthy like normal, and definitely get enough sleep. If your curtains don't block out light completely then get a sleep mask.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.