[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Sup /fit/, Today while I was doing squats someone came and told
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: Gel-Quick-33-Blue.jpg (129 KB, 750x500) Image search: [Google]
Gel-Quick-33-Blue.jpg
129 KB, 750x500
Sup /fit/,

Today while I was doing squats someone came and told me that running shoes are bad for squats because they compress underneath your feet. It kind of makes sense to me so I'm thinking about getting new shoes.

What shoes do you guys wear when you squat?

Pic related, it's basically my shoes
>>
wrestling shoes are good, I've had asic matflex IIIs for two years and they're holding up well.
>>
>>36474125
Seconded. Wrestling shoes are great
>>
Or just take your shoes off when you squat.
>>
>>36474089
Unless you are planning on becoming a competing powerlifter, ignore this utter shit.

Yeah, it makes a slight difference, but for your average person, the difference is negligible.

How much do you squat?

I'd also bet money that problems with your form are having way more of an effect than your shoes. I'm not saying your form is bad, but unless you have 100% bang on perfect form on every single rep, this will make WAY more difference than your shoes.
>>
Home gym master race reporting in, barefoot's the only way
>>
>>36474089

I do them in thick socks, like I do everything else in the gym.

Ideally I would do them in weightlifting shoes like Adidas Adipowers or Powerlifts. But I can't find a store that sells them.

The other alternative is to opt for a flat-soled shoe like Chuck Taylors.
>>
>>36474333
nah, comfy trainers aren't the best for squats/DLs, get some flat shoes without much cushioning, like knock-off vans that you'll be fine with getting stinky
>>
>>36474089
standard converse (chuck taylor's) are great and look nice.

Unless you're doing high-bar squats and oly weightlifting. In that case get lifting shoes.
>>
File: 20160321_183202.jpg (1 MB, 1494x2656) Image search: [Google]
20160321_183202.jpg
1 MB, 1494x2656
I use the converse Chuck II's, but i wear those all day anyway. The insoles are made of that green Nike running shoe foam, but the soles are still rubber so the grip/support is nice. I've run in them, but i'm more of a sprinter so distance hasn't really been tested by me. They feel great, and I've had them for 6 months wearing them all day/every day so they're really durable (i usually destroy a pair of shoes within 4-6 months, and these are still in great condition).
>>
>>36474465
Adding on, I only squat like 260, so high weight lowbar squats are something i cant test very well. in them. Though lots of lifter swear by chuck taylors for squatting, and these are better in almost every way than the originals.
>>
File: 83112914.gif (443 KB, 400x273) Image search: [Google]
83112914.gif
443 KB, 400x273
Listen the more time you spend worrying about dumb shit like your shoes, the longer your going to be a weak bitch.

to answer doe, chucks, the dumbass toe shoe things, and or actual squat shoes, either way don't over think it.
>>
chucks are poo actually just saying guys
>>
>>36474089
On non running days I just wear my vans/converse since they're flat
>>
File: tbs-1-rd-bk_1_3.jpg (96 KB, 800x800) Image search: [Google]
tbs-1-rd-bk_1_3.jpg
96 KB, 800x800
>>36474089
boxing shoe master race
>>
Just get some chuck taylors...there not too expensive and they are great for squats and deadlifts
>>
>>36475334
tru dat. chuck taylors high tops
>>
>>36475334
>>36475348
maybe i got memed but i heard that chucks are super overrated meme shoe
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
File: 35619401-PUMA-1.jpg (54 KB, 720x900) Image search: [Google]
35619401-PUMA-1.jpg
54 KB, 720x900
I wear my old red puma when I squat and they're comfy as fuck mayne.
>>
>>36475348
what about low tops?
>>
>>36475491
If you're a fag they'll be fine.

You don't need weightlifting shoes until you squat 3 plate. Just get some chucks
>>
I usually squat barefoot or in vans. I just ordered some nike free 4.0s. You think they'll be alright or should I just stick with what I've got?
>>
>>36475491
you can get low top chucks - I lift in red ones
>>
>>36474089
I got a pair of adipowers at the adidas outlet for $50, but I haven't used them yet I just use flat sole sneakers
>>
>>36475932
Nah, use those for running
>>
>>36475479
this is a gorgeous shoe mate i applaud your taste.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.