[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this a good breakfast?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
Is this a good breakfast?
>>
>>36473257
Jesus christ no.
>>
>>36473257
You can do better
>>
>>36473271
Why? Lot's of fibre, decent protein, fruit.

>>36473290
Such as?
>>
>>36473257
Trade weetabix for OATZ
>>
>>36473257
> spiking your insulin first thing in the morning
>>
>>36473335
whats so bad about weetabix? its like 4 grams of suger per 100 grams, and has plenty of fiber, not to mention just as much protein per 100grams as oats ( 12 grams per 100 grams )
>>
File: 1401641078944.gif (2 MB, 283x229) Image search: [Google]
1401641078944.gif
2 MB, 283x229
>>36473344
Why the fuck would you care about that? And can you actually argument as to why weetabix would spike insulin in any significant way? Must be all those crazy 4 grams of sugar.
>>
a 3 year old child asks better questions
>>
>>36473347
I always found oatmeal to be much more filling than any cereal. Also a warm breakfast trumps a cold one any day.
Oats are also a lot more flexible in terms of preparation
>>
>>36473347

My oats have 16g per 100g of proteins.
>>
>>36473305
Steel cut oats with water is all you need.
>>
>>36473257

Fuck the haters, OP. Weetabix is my go-to when there's no time for oats. You could add a shake for optimal gains though and some nuts for fat and calories depending on your goals.
>>
>>36473399
Wew lad, all that 4 grams of protein must make a huge difference in your total macros for the day!

Mine have 12 though.
>>
File: IMG_0702.png (2 MB, 1334x750) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0702.png
2 MB, 1334x750
>>36473257
>eating breakfast.
>not fasting.
>>
>>36473257
That's a great high carb breakfast, perfect if you wish out some time after breakfast or if you front load your daily carbs.

If you're on a cut, this may make it difficult to hit your macros.
>>
>>36473435
>the patrick bateman of fitness
Why anyone admires this guy is beyond me.
>>
>>36473461
I don't care about his personality and fitness/life advice but he does look good and is pretty strong for his size.
>>
>>36473405

>Thinking steel cut oats are actually worth the extra prep time and cost.

READ up anon, and save yourself some money and time.
>>
>>36473516
Most of his "advice" is either regurgitated or broscience.
But yeah I guess he looks good and is strong for someone his size.
The thing I hate the most about him is he falls into the fitness school of "squats make ur legs too big so dont do em too often", preaching this to beginners while his legs are already a decent size.
>>
>>36473435

I used to want to be hyooge and shredded but that body is pretty nice, Id be happy with that while being stronk, most of these that are posted are too shredded

bonus is that its achievable natty
>>
>>36473380
Weetabix are delicious hot. Oats taste bland and get stuck between your teeth.
>>
>>36473257
very good breakfast
>>
>>36473532
> prep time and cost

not him but I bulk bought 60kg of oats off the internet for $60-70 or so

that shit will last me a year
>>
>>36473564
make them with milk and toss in some cinnamon and fruits
they're fukken delicious
>>
>>36473367
It's the fruit fuck nuts
>>
>>36473257

>waking up
>BUMPING INSULIN TO THE FUCKING SKY

i will never understand why people do this.

if you need to breakfast at least remove the fucking banana and strawberry, you can have that shit as preworkout.
>>
>>36473664
what's wrong with it if you are bulking?
>>
>>36473435
I can't believe people claim this guy is on roids lol
>>
>>36473689
why do you want so much sugar?
>>
>>36473689

>g-guys just bulking

Now you explain to me what bulking has to do with a shitload of sugar and high as fuck insulin after waking up and literaly doing nothing?

You newfaggots will never learn that bulking just means to eat 200-500 calories over your current maintanance (protip: 200-500 calories of of protein/fat/complex carbs)

>inb4 muhhh iifym

stay fat shithead
>>
>>36473736
>One banana and a couple strawberries
Calm down senpai you realize most of the people on /fit/ are merely trying to get stronger and not bodybuilders in the middle of contest prep.
And i literally see nothing wrong with adding a little bit of extra sugar from FRUIT nonetheless on top of adequate protein.
Also,
>falling for the HUEG BULK / cut cycle
Most of people on /fit/ are beginners or intermediate and not on steroids, so this is not optimal
>>
>>36473736
I've only just gotten back into lifting (shoulder injury, out for 8 months), but with enough cardio it really doesn't matter what you eat, as long as it isn't fast food.

And (maybe this is just my opinion) sugar from fruit is better for you than white sugar (the shit in soda, doughnuts, shit like that). Hell, i eat about 2 bananas a day (plus an apple or two). I'm not cut but it doesn't seem to be inhibiting my progress with strength/muscle growth, so i'm fine with it. Not everyone's idea of fitness is being below 10% body fat lmao.
>>
>>36473664
>strawberry
>oats
>bananas
>spiking insulin
lmao

is this the new meme? protein actually spikes insulin way more
>>
>>36473871
This is true, sugar in fruits varies greatly from that in processed foods
I suggest doing some research on the difference between glucose and fructose
>>
>>36473871

The only difference is that sugar in doughnutts etc. is combined with huge ammount of fat usually, which makes them worse.

Im not saying to avoid fruits, i just ask you if its neccassary at the morning.

If you lift after breakfast? Fine

Do you lift in the evening? Why not eat the fruit with some other stuff before your workout then?

>>36473894

>protein spikes insulin more

/fit/ 2016
>>
>>36473929
That, and fructose is naturally absorbed by humans in the intestine without the need for digestion. Fructose is also naturally much sweeter, which is why you need more white sugar to get the same level of sweetness as a fruit like a nectarine or even an apple.
>>
I thought OP's cereal was covered in jizz
Then I realized it wasn't and felt a bit dissapointed
>>
>>36473257
its fucking glorious anon

would be better if it were oats but hey ho weetabix is good too
>>
File: lawrt.jpg (357 KB, 1536x2048) Image search: [Google]
lawrt.jpg
357 KB, 1536x2048
>>36473257
Yes.

Would be better and cheaper with just oats tho.

My godmode easy breakfast shake (i drink it twice a day) is basically:
60g oats
about a handful of frozen wild berries mix
Water

Use a hand blander and i can just bland it straight in my protein shaker bottle , goes down like water. Easy AF. This has been amazing for my gains.

Ofc you can use milk instead of water, add peanut butter, banans and other shit, i've just found that it makes the shake to tick and harder to swalloe, and harder on my stomach , so i prefer to just drink and eat that separately
>>
>>36473929
the sugar from fruits is digested slowly thanks to the fiber in them, thus avoiding a spike in insulin.
>>
>>36474840
>the nipple piercings the one in blue has
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.