[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a barbell that maxes at 80lbs and two dumbells that max
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3
File: 1111111.jpg (23 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1111111.jpg
23 KB, 400x400
I have a barbell that maxes at 80lbs and two dumbells that max at 50

how long can I last with these if im just trying to not be skinny fat?
or will I need to get to like 200lbs to get anywhere
>>
>>36472490
what fucking kind of fisher price bullshit are you buying? Maybe I'm not understanding but you can only put up to 80lbs on each side or 80lbs total?

you'll need a lot more. Compound lifts like squats and diddlylifts help build muscle.
>>
>>36472551
This OP, you are going to need a LOT more than 80 lbs if you plan on lifting for more than 1 month
>>
File: cat.jpg (95 KB, 500x667) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
95 KB, 500x667
>>36472577
>>36472577

alright

off to buy 100lbs of extra weight in increments of 25lbs
>>
>>36472668
Still gonna want more than that.
>>
>>36472668
Buy it in increments of 45lbs, and make sure that the plates are standard size.
Godspeed anon
>>
>>36472668
145lb is DYEL hungry skeleton tier on every lift except for OHP
>>
Don't go buy a bunch of weight for a 80lb barbell. Odds are it's only 1" thick and hollow, because it's made for fucking 80lbs.

You'll need a whole new set with a proper barbell, and weight is never cheaper than $1/lb in my experience. If I were you I'd just spend the first month getting routine with that 80lbs down and doing cardio. There are a ton of lifts you can do with 80lbs/50lbs. Hold them while you do lunges, do farmer walks, bent over rows, curlbrahs, whatever. Squats and deadlifts are great but you won't fucking implode if you're not doing them. And you should probably practice your form for them at these easy weights so you don't snapcity like a punk bitch, anyway.
Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.