[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Eating up days before a meet
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3
File: 399850_21112132.jpg (154 KB, 475x356) Image search: [Google]
399850_21112132.jpg
154 KB, 475x356
Im doing a 8000 calories 3 days before a meet, 5500 2 days before and around 4k the day before.
the goal is to eat loads of carbs to make sure I got plently of energy on the platform.
How would you guys spend 8k calories?

Im thinking of something like.

Breakfast, a loaf of bred with butter and some meat on that.
Eat 1-2 packs of rice cakes during the day
Eat like 1kg of french fries, visit mcdonalds and order a double menu or something, eat rice and chicken, maybe some sliced potatoes before and eat like a bag of chips or whatever.

what would u guys eat?
>>
I'm assuming you're not worried about making weight, right?

You actually shouldn't change your eating habits too much before any sporting event, just eat your usual diet to avoid any upsets or unplanned feelings. On meet day stick to lean proteins and quick carbs, sports drinks and whey is a good bet. You don't want to feel bloated or anything.

Basically, assuming you have full glycogen stores, overeating won't help you much, if at all and might hinder you.
>>
>>36470847
im on a diet right now, which means my glycogen should be kind of low, hence the overeating!
yeah im not worried about making weight, we will compete with wilks anyway
>>
>>36470865
yeah I'd really just suggest eating at a moderate surplus the week before, nothing too crazy.

definitely don't eat a ton of junk foods. fiber and fats too close to meet day, those will most likely leave you feeling funky.
>>
File: received_1107344942617475.jpg (57 KB, 614x818) Image search: [Google]
received_1107344942617475.jpg
57 KB, 614x818
Chug thick as fuck protein shakes
I can usually make one about 1000-1500 calorie shakes by with bulk powder, powdered oats, honey, milk, Greek yoghurt and whatever shit you can conjure

Two of those a day and that's atleast 2000 calories down the chute desu ngl senpai ygm
>>
File: 1397797706800.gif (429 KB, 213x201) Image search: [Google]
1397797706800.gif
429 KB, 213x201
>>36470807
>mfw that döner meat pizza
>mfw no money to buy junkfood

God damnit I really want a kebab
>>
>>36470807
Chicken thighs, sweet potatoes, oats with milk, any legume apart from soy, nuts, brown rice, white potatoes, white rice, veggies, peas, quinoa if rich, fruit, dairy, sardines, fish in general, red meat
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.