[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Milk vs Water for shakes
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
Recently bought a weight gaining shake

http://www.bulkpowders.co.uk/complete-mass-gainer.html

I tried it with water, but it's absolutely awful. Feels like I'm drinking my entire bodyweight in cookie dough.

I've heard that youre meant to drink protein powders etc with water after a workout as they get absorbed faster or something. That sounds super brosciency to me, and I really think I'd enjoy this powder a lot more with milk.

What does /fit think? Water or milk for bulk gainz?
>>
doesn't matter
good for you on choosing bulkpowders, their shit's pretty good
>>
Water but milk tastes better.
>>
If you are bulking use milk. It will be more filling though.
>>
>>36467916
I like water, it blends everything a lot better.
>>
>>36467975
I never understood this dumbass meme. Is this perpetuated by people who can't into basic math and calorie counting? You need 200-300ml of milk per scoop at most. What kind of cut can't fit 200ml of milk in it?

OP use milk, the difference in taste and texture is massive no matter the powder. Get 2% if you're that worried about calories.
>>
File: 1N0UjV3.jpg (71 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
1N0UjV3.jpg
71 KB, 600x450
>>36467916
Drinking a shake with water instead of milk is like drinking a hot cocoa with water.
>>
How about you make your own "gainer" instead. Cheaper, healthier and taste better.
>>
>>36468090
Do you have a recipe to share, anon?
>>
>>36468083
Yeah Im trying to find any actual sources that support the whole "water for post workout and fast results etc" but absolutely nothing aside from blogs and youtube videos (not exactly objective sources). Literally the only difference seems to be just the nutritional values in milk. Since I'm on a bulk, absolutely no difference to me, in fact id prefer milk.

>>36468090
Enlighten me!
>>
>>36467916
It matters very little, but the reason for using water is for retention.
Most of the things in milk and powder are dehydrators, usually you are already dehydrated after a workout and the average person does not drink enough water period that includes fitness people also.

If you can fit it in your calorie count go for milk, the difference is so minimal who cares.
>>
>>36467916
if your goal is a "gain ultimate mass" then why the fuck would you not use milk? too many calories? super ultimate bulk is too much?
>>
>>36468083
>300ml/scoop
>600ml milk
>400kcal and 30g carbs extra just because "it tastes better"
What I don't understand is why people have to have milk. Tastes like milkshake even with water.
>>
>>36468125
>>36468204
60g peanut butter
100g oats
5g of honey
1 frozen banana
2 tablespoons of olive oil
around 250ml of milk

that's 1000-1200 calories right there and cheap as fuck, like 45p if you're a bong or $0.65
>>
Water, milk tastes waaay better
I'm using the 'smart' low call protein shakes from Body&Fit (dutch)
>>
>>36468287
Taste is subjective. It most certainly didn't taste like just a milkshake with water for me.
Also, this is a weight gain powder, as >>36468278 said, on a gain there's probably no reason to not go that extra mile with milk. 30g carbs might be exactly is someone is looking for.

Then again I am fairly new to this, So I'm quite eager to get as much insight as I can from other folk.

>>36468337
Macros in that? I tend to go for a bagel with peanut butter + banana + cup of milk after workouts. Pretty nice meal that goes down well, and has a pretty good cal count (~600 - 700) and good carbs + protein.
>>
>How about you make your own "gainer" instead. Cheaper, healthier and taste better.

Whenever the subject of mass gainers comes up people always say that as if DIY mass gainers being always better than store bought is gospel truth.

But for some of us we are very short on time and what time we do have is far more valuable than the money saved by making our own gainers.

I'd much rather take 30 seconds out of my month every month to order ON mass gainer from Amazon rather than fucking around in the grocery store for an extra 5-15 minutes a week getting the necessary shit to make my own.

I'd much rather take the 45 seconds a day it takes to throw a couple scoops in a tumbler with some water rather than spend 5 minutes a day scooping peanut butter and peeling banannas, etc into a blender and then blending it and then cleaning up the mess to make home made gainer.
>>
>>36467916
If you're bulking do it with milk bvruh, as long as you can drink it.
>>
>>36467916
Unsweetened almond milk
>>
>>36469233
Activated or not?
>>
>>36468912
are you really that stupid
when you order the mass gainer do you receive it instantly?
just how lazy are you?

"muh 30 second convenience"
>>
>>36468912
How fucking shit is your time management if you don't have the time to chuck some shit in a blender and drink it?

Jesus christ, I dread to think what you'd do if you needed to shit in the morning.
>>
>>36467916
The GNC guy told me milk is better
>>
>>36468287

What kind of milk do you amerifats have?

lmao.

Germany:

100ml of milk = 47kcal

You fucking disgust me fatboy.
>>
>>36469308
>What is full fat milk
>>
>>36469308
we only drink tit milk and sperm
>>
>>36469349
Why would you do that? is your brain seriously so fucked up that you even need to drink full fat milk?

You disgust me

>inb4 you deep fry your watermelons too!

kys

>>36469350

Sounds about right
>>
>>36469247
Fully activated with trappychan's cum drop
>>
Why the fuck would you buy a mass gainer? Make your own, it's cheaper and healthier. I use this:

16 oz whole milk
2 scoops protein
2 tbsp peanut butter
1/2-1 cup oats
1 cup blueberries/1 banana/other fruit
2 ice cubes

blend it all up

~800-1000 calories, tastes great and healthy as fuck
>>
>>36469396
Cheaper eh?

2.5 kg (17 servings I believe) cost me about £25.

Protein Powder would probably cost me around the same, or more.

Your recipe there would end up costing me more than the weight gainer, considering I have to factor in the protein.
Unless I added all your ingredients to my weight gainer, in which case the price would be the same.

Not cheaper.
>>
>>36469506
literally do the math yourself retard
>>
>>36469506
1 serving of bulk powders mass gainer is 300kcal. That means you'd need to use 255 grams to match the home-made mass gainers calories.

That would mean spending £30 for 10 servings.

Which is pretty shit lol.
>>
>>36469267
This. People that say they are so short on time are usually just retards with shit time management.
>>
>>36469590
The one linked in OP is about just over 500 cal per serving, 17 servings, 135g servings, or something similar. From what I've seen, protein powders cost around the same. The post I was replying to suggested mixing a bunch of food with protein powder as well, which doesnt seem to end up being much cheaper.

Tbh this is the first time I've ever bought somethinng like this.
Main reasoning behind it was I was having trouble meeting carb dailies, and needed something that wasnt just pure protein. I'll probably move to homemade stuff after I get through this stuff first.

>>36469550
Oh I hope I didn't hurt your feelings.
>>
>>36469650
I was in the same position as you and bought the exact same shit from bulkpowders, I'm a Britfag too

you're flat out wrong, sit down and work it out yourself, all you're saying is "from what I've seen" and "it's probably the same"

you are objectively wrong
the mass gainer is more expensive than DIY shakes, by a fucking longshot

the shake is like 50p for 1000 calories if that
have fun wasting your money though, no skin off my nose
>>
>>36467916
Use milk when you have the cals to spare.
Use skim or water when you don't.
If you're buying mass gainers, you might as well use it with milk.

On a cut, you cant put whey into oats and other cereals as well, and even in some baked goods.
>>
>>36469650
I don't know if you can find it but there is this thing called Garri, 360 cals per 100g and 99% is carbs. I think it should blend well with milk, I am going to try soon, hopefully.
>>
>>36469702
I'm saying all this under the assumption that homemade shakes include scoops of whey/protein powder/whatever its called. If I'm wrong let me know.

If I'm not, do you have any protein powders you could suggest? That end up doing cheap DIY shakes? Honestly a bit daunting considering how much stuff there is out there.
>>
>>36469802
myprotein impact whey is the cheapest and best
>>
File: image.jpg (60 KB, 248x565) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
60 KB, 248x565
Is this good for a protein shake?
It tastes damn delicious
>>
>>36469702
>>36469815
Huh. same price for the same amount. Yet 25g per serving.

I actually sat down and properly did the math. It does actually end up being cheaper, probably about 50 p cheaper per serving.

I think I'll have a go at homemade ones after this then, and seeing what I prefer. Any idea as to what your macros are per average shake?
>>
File: download.jpg (6 KB, 215x235) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
6 KB, 215x235
Wait...there are people out there that actually use water to make their shakes?

I thought these people were just a meme?
>>
I think ops gainer and informed mass from BP are the only good gainers that I've seen
>>
>>36469233
This, but prefer vanilla flavored.
>>
>>36468287
Man I went on a cut at some point that was as low as 1300kcal per day (I was a dumbass with no patience). Those days still contained 500ml of 2% milk for a couple of scoops of protein. It really isn't that hard to lose the carbs from somewhere else or reduce your fat intake a bit to accommodate the extra kcal if you really want to. Yeah, at 1300kcal it might be cutting it very close, but nobody should be cutting at that little anyway. With a modest intake of 2000kcal (that should be more than enough for literally anyone, especially if you add cardio) you can afford to add a bunch of milk if you want while still hitting an excessive 1g/lb protein intake and getting enough fats to not make your hormones go full retard.
>>
>>36470335
>Garri
If the pianoman taught us anything, it is to put the water in first.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.