[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"If you want to improve your bench, work on your squat!"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: squat.jpg (274 KB, 1600x1131) Image search: [Google]
squat.jpg
274 KB, 1600x1131
>"If you want to improve your bench, work on your squat!"

Is there any truth to this retardation? I'm not saying neglect squats, I'm just questioning whether squats are useful for upper body development and programs that have you squat three times as often as you bench, which people later justify with the above.

I know there's that thing about "increased testosterone after heavy squats" but apparently it's just for a few minutes after you did them. I don't see how squats can get your chest or arms bigger.
>>
>>36466275
No.
If you want to improve your bench, fucking bench you retard.
>>
literally no one said this and literally I never heard of this

b8/10 unless OP gives any source
>>
>>36466304

Source is /fit/
>>
>>36466275
Squatz and oatz
>>
>>36466312
well I haven't seen at least 1 post about that and I have been here since 2012
>>
>>36466304

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/teen-martin3.htm
>>
>>36466332
>bodybuilding.com
well there you go
>>
>>36466275
I have read that aswell here, but it is wrong. If you want a big bench, you need to bench
>>
>>36466318

I've legit read it as advice given to people, probably by "experts" that look like shit.
>>
>>36466345
>>36466345
where the fuck do you keep on reading this shit? mens health??

Please sauce
>>
>>36466332
what a load of crock

this is why I never read BB.coms shit
>>
>>36466355

sauce is /fit/ posts that no longer exist
>>
If you do a powerlifting bench correctly then yes. Having powerful legs will improve your bench, don't listen to any of these faggots that have commented before me, guarantee none of them bench 3 pl8, and they probably think benching 2 is strong. Driving with your legs without your ass coming up gives you more power
>>
>>36466355

I'm not 100% certain but I believe in SS it says something along the lines of the Squat promoting full-body strength/mass gains because it's the only lift that loads the entire musculoskeletal system.

I don't have my copy with me so I can't give the page number.>>36466360
>>
>>36466443

It says something vague about hormonal response. Can't quote it either now because at work
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.