[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Chiropractors
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (37 KB, 336x228) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37 KB, 336x228
How many of you get chiropractic therapy? Is it worth it?
>>
>>36465590
feels nice.

doesn't really do anything.
>>
>>36465590
Was comfy, didn't really help much outside of making me feel good. Basically just a fancy massage
>>
>>36465590
Mine identified what I needed to stretch, taught me how to stretch them and performed very simple and quick manipulation that provided a nice temporary relief while I worked on letting my back heal. He never claimed to do anything else, so I can't complain.
>>
>>36465590
He adjusted my L4, said the column was taking nerve power from the muscle. My squat went from 325 with a belt, to 335 raw. 375 belt. I felt the difference immediately. Give it a go OP ! it made a huge difference for me
>>
>>36465644
very nice
>>
I've gone in before with a headache, told him and he is able to adjust my thoracic vertebrate so it goes away
>>
>>36465644
Fucking hell really?

I dont know if this is a case of anecdotal evidence.. but most of the chiros I've talked with are quacks.

Do you visit him regularly?
>>
Yeah dude, and after that you should go see an alchemist, a gypsy palmreader and then you should check out this ouija board!

for real, go to a physiotherapist or a real doctor.
>>
Had a huge disc bulge on L5S1, been going to chiro 2 times a month (+home exercises) for a year and the disc bulge has been reduced by ~70% in size, no more back pain and no sciatica. Still going for prophylaxis.

There are people who have problems and chiros help them, then there are weeaboo DYEL virgin manlet shitposters like >>36466413 who think they don't help.
>>
>>36466474
Yeah, but you could have gone to a physio therapist or a doctor and had the same results, except from someone who didn't get their education from a cereal box.
Like everyone in the medical field will tell you, they're snake oil salesmen. Sure some of them actually give you stuff that works, but so would PT
>>
>>36466495

The neurosurgeon told me to fuck off to the operating table in half a year, since there is not way it would heal.

Maybe in the U.S the chiros are quacks, that's why your opinion about them ain't so positive
>>
>>36466516
Yeah, like i said, go to a PT.
Watch penn and tellers bullshit on chiropractors. There's even a 1 million dollar reward for anyone who can prove that chiropracting
Its unregulated, not based on science and it was popularized in the 80s because it was said it could cure cancer and return the hearing of deaf patients.
The stuff that they do that actually works is the same stuff a physio therapist would do. Theres a reason why even in countries that have free university educations have to pay (like half a million usd) for a chiropractor education. It's an unregulated cultish thing based on non science that gets no government funding (since its mostly bullshit).
>>
>>36466495
>Like everyone in the medical field will tell you
Lol, you have no idea what you're talking about, the medical field has considered chiropractic therapy to be an effective form of complimentary medicine for back pain for years, ironically enough physiotherapy was actually considered pseudoscientific quackery until very recently

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S088539240700783X
>>
>>36466413
>>36466495
>>36466630
You do know physiotherapists are just as pseudo-scientific as chiropractors right?
>>
>>36466718
Hahahaha fuck man surely this is bait
>>
>>36466474
Someone in my country died after a chiro session where he adjusted his patient's spine/neck doing massages. I'll stick with a physio thanks, mine helped when i had hip issues and identified my flat feet as a potential cause
>>
>>36466718
Maybe where you're from but where i'm at they go through several rounds of clinical placement and regularly liaise with MO's to see if a patient is safe for D/C
>>
>>36465590
It's pseudomedicine.
>>
>>36466718
>
>>
My astrologer told me that chiropracters were charlattans.
>>
>>36466718
kill yourself
>>
>>36465590
enjoy your permanent damage after he fucks your bones and ligaments.
>>
>>36466474
THIS
I was carrying in pain sequels of a childhood injury, but the dude helped to drastically reduce the pain with exercises and some adjusment
>>
Chiropractors are modern day witch doctors. Go to an orthopedic surgeon.
>>
>>36466630
>penn and teller
>thinking we are talking about curing cancer and the deafs.
>>
>>36465590
Anecdotal, but a couple of older dudes in my gym swears by chiropractors. They're late 40s/early 50s dudes, both in great shape, fairly strong, fit, flexible, etc and both swear that chiropractors have helped them with long term injuries and pain management.
Could be bullshit, placebo, etc, but I don't think I'll discount it entirely if I ever have a condition that may be helped by chiropractic therapy.
>>
i had massive neck pain for weeks after rolling in bjj.
i couldnt turn my head to the side without pain, felt like a nerve had slipped out of place or something. i could also crack my neck a lot more. it just wasnt sitting right.

chiro fixed it perfectly after one sesh and gave me a few exercises which i did for 2 days lol
never had any troubles again
>>
>>36465590
Guys, I've gone to my chiropractor twice so far, PPO, within my insurance network, but the insurance claim is still in process since my first visit 10 days ago.

Should I keep going or postpone appointments? How long does insurance usually take for this?
>>
I get an adjustment once a month
he usually gives me some electric stim, massage, then does the adjsutment, and then I spend 20 minutes getting another massage and assisted stretching
>>
I'm having sex with my chiro.

Free snake oil.
>>
>>36468313
Iguana oil über alles
>>
>>36465590
Wife used to get migraines twice a week, doctor just prescribed painkillers, after about 2 months of going to our chiropractor she doesnt get them at all. I used to get back pain alot, doctor did the same thing saying 4-5 ibuprofen a day when i had pain wasnt bad for me, I do not get back pain anymore. My chiropractor works out and gives me tips, form checks and stretching routine. If your chiropractor tells you he can cure cancers etc dont go, but it has worked well for me
>>
>>36468338
Dude, you know what else can cure migranes? orgasms, true story. Your wife is getting a good dickin' while at the "chiropractor"
>>
>>36468307
Jesus that sounds like heaven right now, how much does it usually cost you?
>>
>>36468338
Dude, you know what else can cure migranes? orgasms, true story. Your wife is getting a good dickin' while at the "chiropractor"
>>
Anti chiropractic shills are fucking hilarious
>it does nothing!!!!
>it does permanent damage!!!
Get your story straight, guys.
Of course it doesn't fucking cure cancer, but anybody who would get an entire fucking joint replaced with silicone before at least consulting a chiropractor is beyond fucking retarded.
No, I'm not necessarily in support of spinal manipulation. Yes, joint replacements are one of the biggest scams of this century.
>inb4 hurrrr my knee got completely shattered in a car accident, wut are you saying I should go see some rando??
fucking of course not. "Joint pain" in your daily life can easily be fixed by a skilled and properly trained chiropractor, though, especially if you are young and otherwise in shape.
Assuming you are indeed young and healthy, but experience joint pain which do you honestly believe to be more likely:
>the pain is caused by one of the many bones in the extremely intricate joint might be slightly out of place (read: a subluxation, or in other words a partial dislocation)
OR
>the entire joint is completely fucking fucked go get a new one asap for an insane amount of money
>>
>>36465644
You think he actually moved your vertebrae? Come on now. You're the type of gullible person they make their money off. Chiropractors are scammers.
>>
>>36466413
> go to real doctor
> for back pain

Spare yourself the trouble, here is what they will tell you:

"Oh man, this isn't good, it looks like you have a herniated disk. We need go into surgery and fuse them"

And bam, enjoy never being able to touch your knees again for the rest of your life.
>>
>>36469665
I felt down my own spine before and after the adjustment, I no longer needed a belt for my intermediate weight. Step 1 to making a judgement, actually go ! Cyropractic standards are different between canada and the U.S, Most canadian Cyropractors are also physiotherapists, or have a masters in neurology. It's not about spine manipulation, it's bone alignment in general, and how a plate off by a few cm can affect the rest of the body under it.
>>
If you're going to a clinic without a certified cyropractic license, you're a fucking idiot.
Go to a certified cyropractor, pay 45 $ get an adjustment, want your bench go up because of him readjusting a bone in your neck. I don't care how it works. But 45$ to move my max to 375 from 315. Doesn't seem like pseudoscience, if it is sign me up for more !
>>
>>36469966
>>45$ to move my max to 375 from 315.

>Paying to lift less
>>
>>36465590
It feels nice but probably doesn't do anything beyond that.
>>
>>36470001
but 375 is more than 315
>>
>>36470001
uhhh what?
Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.