[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
My bench press sucks. I'm 5'10" 170 lbs, squat
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
File: bp.jpg (176 KB, 600x349) Image search: [Google]
bp.jpg
176 KB, 600x349
My bench press sucks. I'm 5'10" 170 lbs, squat 260, deadlift 335, but can only bench press 160. Can someone recommend a training program to balance out my bench press? I'd probably be happy if I could hit 200.
>>
Actually none of your stats are that great.
>>
Not sure how long you've been lifting, but if you have a decent base Smolov jr. will give good results if you can complete it. 3 weeks, I went from 295 to 330. Very high frequency, benching 4 times a week and you'd have to put your other lifts on maintenance. Only issue is that after you stop benching so much, your max will probably drop about 10 lbs. Still an improvement though
>>
>>36464932
Well, I never said they were. Just saying my bench press is the worst by far
>>
>>36464889
You may want to look into candito 6 week program
>>
>>36464964
Shoo shoo candito shill
>>
>>36464970
about to start a second cycle of this shit. made my bench go from 175 to 215, squat from 315 to 365 and dead from 335 to 370. what's wrong with it?
>>
Dude I'm 6'3 210 and my max is 265. Max squat is probably 250.

FML I hate squatting. It's so hard
>>
>>36464889
Our stats are really similar. I did madcow 5x5 plus accessories since around february and I did a 1rm incline bench of 200 last friday. the only accesory was cable crossovers and it's for like 3-4 sets of 12-15, really light stuff just for the pump and pec activation. try it out and see
>>
>>36464987
how long have you been lifting?
>>
>>36464889
That bench is right in line with all of those lifts. Just keep lifting and learn along the way
>>
>>36464978
Ill never understand, i dont consider myself the strongest guy genetics wise by far, but hearing about people struggling for over a month to gain that much on a dead is mind boggling. Just eat and deadlift more. Do it twice a week. Three times. Same for bench. Work heavy singles. Do 315 like 100 times one day. Just work harder
>>
>>36464889
put your deadlift on maintenance and bench 3x per week. 5x5 works great.
>>
Nah ur bench is iight, your legs just rock

Same here

You walk on them bitches, just keep benching and your other half will get there. If you care that much about proportions, just lay off legs for a sec.
>>
>>36464932
This teebs

You're a beginner. It's normal to suck. Eat harder and lift harder.
>>
>>36464978
Why are your deads and bench so out of sync with your squat?
>>
Why can I squat more than I can diddylift?
>>
>>36464889
Lol lower body is developed naturally. Very few people have good upper body strength to start, i'd say you're worrying about nothing. Also, there is a decent amount of people who can't bench body weight, so don't think it's small to do so. 1.5x body weight bench is about the equivalent to 2x body weight squat.
>>
>>36465327
Not OP but maybe because deads use forearms kinda? If his arms aren't as strong as his legs kinda makes sense

Squats have the rack so not as much forearm use
>>
>>36465129
I would consider changing from a linear progression program like ss if I stop progressing linearly while eating at a surplus.
>>
>>36464932
Better than me. I bench 85 lbs and deadlift 135 lbs. Last week a girl told me we have the same lifts and giggled
>>
Squat 330
Bench 220
Dead 410

Need help as well
>>
>>36467202
Texas Method for you
>>
Binch 225
Diddlies 300
Skwat 200 =D
>>
>>36464889
>ss claims another victim.
>>
>>36467313
>bench more than squat
Welp
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.