[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Cardio before or after weights
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: treadmill.jpg (81 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
treadmill.jpg
81 KB, 1000x1000
Had an argument with a friend and I'm wondering what you think, /fit/:

Cardio before or after weight lifting? What do you do?

And yeah I know
>cardio
But if you do cardio then what's your order of exercise?
>>
>>36459372
cardio should be done after, you shouldn't lift weights when tired. Also, weights are more important so give priority
>>
Whichever is more important to you. If you're priority is to get bigger/stronger doing cardio before lifting is crazy.
>>
>>36459372
you should seriously be limiting it if youre trying to gain muscle. All stupid memes aside, it stops satellite movement which inhibits muscle growth.

But if you must, after weights obviously. Youd be an idiot to do it before.
>>
>>36459372
After lifting. Trying to squat after cardio is hell.
>>
>>36459372
cardio in the morning
lifting in afternoon or night
>>
>>36459410
For real? I usually do 10min of biking before I lift weights to get my body warmed up. If I'm trying to gain strength should I wait till after my workout
>>
>>36459391
>>36459481
>>36459488
This is what I was saying but he was insistent that you always do it beforehand. Dunno where that thought process comes from.
>>
>>36460652
some people use cardio to warm up their bodies/get a sweat going.
>>
>>36460660
Fair enough, but is there a reason to be so insistent that cardio before weights is the ONLY OBJECTIVELY PROPER WAY to do things?
>>
>>36460678
going straight to lifting heavy weights is a ticket to snap city, thats probably where that thought comes from

however, you can just warmup with weights as well
>>
>>36459372
I warm up with light cardio for 5 minutes, then after my workout if I'm cutting do it for 15.
>>
I always bike for 10 min before lifting then 30 min after my workout. Cardio shouldn't be a problem if you keep it light before a workout.
>>
Really light cardio for a short time is fine before lifting. If you're out of breath and/or do it for more than 5 to 10 minutes you should do it after.
>>
>>36459527
This.
>>
>>36459527
what if im only able to go to the gym in the afternoon/night
>>
>>36459391
I always did cardio first and never felt tired as you said..
>>
File: 1350935325458070.png (79 KB, 254x318) Image search: [Google]
1350935325458070.png
79 KB, 254x318
Don't do cardio after youre workouts.

all the blood that is in your muscles after working out will be sucked to your legs, this is bad for rehabilitation

Always do light cardio before workouts
>>
>>36460943
try to find some cardio you can do at home
>>
I do explicit cardio like running on days I don't lift (twice a week, when I cut 3 times a week). If you feel the need to do some cardio everyday just shorten rest periods in between sets, do super sets and keep your hr over 130

Doing cardio before lifting kills your potential to lift really heavy
>>
i always do cardio after my workout. i'll sometimes do a small warm up before, but always hard cardio after.
>>
>>36459481
I think light 10 min cardio is good before weights to get the heart rate going.
>>
>>36459488
I always felt trying to do cardio was hell after squats.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.