[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
QTDDTOT
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33
File: friendzoned again.jpg (24 KB, 480x464) Image search: [Google]
friendzoned again.jpg
24 KB, 480x464
New thread because old one's almost dead
>>
Reposting from other thread:
I have pretty dreadful pain in my hip and knee that just developed, I'm a month into SS. I'm pretty positive it's iliacus and patellar tendonitis, but i'm going to the doctor to get it checked out soon.

If it is that or something similar, how can I keep working out? Squats and diddies are impossible with this pain and I don't want to keep making it worse, but I want to keep bulking and making leg and back gains so i can deadlift like a monster when i can deadlift again.
>>
>>36456475
What's the best way to really get warmed up for bench? I see guys in the gym doing these elbow/wrist rotations with 2 1/2 or 5 lb weights. What's that all about?

Is this legit? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTE4-CEyV1o&t=3m18s
>>
Stalling on all lifts but after almost a year of lifting and don't look much bigger. Should I focus on high reps to get some hypertrophy so I can keep getting stronger? Had been staying at the 5 rep ranges
>>
>>36456571
Have you deadloaded?

Eat more & sleep well.
>>
>>36456480
Pretty sure therapy in the form of light weight high reps is a must
>>
>>36456588
I'm already eating at 3k cals this past month and now I'm just getting fatter. Sleep is good as I take naps everyday after work and before school. Still nothing. Is my cns fucked?
>>
Do macros actually matter if you get enough protein?
>>
>>36456662
For a noob not so much, but you should still avoid eating like shit or not getting enough carbs so you don't feel gassed 24/7
>>
Can I drink orange juice on Keto as long as it's below carb intake?
>>
>>36456644
Nah m8, just means it's time to hop on a different program. I'd say 531
>>
>>36456662
Yup. If you don't eat enough carbs your workouts will be shitty. if you don't eat enough fats, you will lose IQ. If you eat too much fats you will zyzz mode. etc...
>>
>>36456644
What's your routine? Age, weight & height?
>>
Whats about a bench light day while on 5/3/1? I really want to bench three days a week to see if I get some upper body strength gains. Estimated 1RM is 90kg.
>>
>>36456475

I have small, shitty wrists. Recently my right (non-dominant) arm has been hurting at the wrist when i do wrist curls or chest presses. It's at the point where I'm wary of certain lifts because i'm so worried about hurting my wrists.

Should I take a break? Do lighter weights/more reps for a while? Is there anything I can do to build up my wrists and make them less girly and shit?
>>
I ran in late december and I still have shin splints, although not that noticable. Pain in knees after I did some light rope skipping, which was around 3-4 weeks ago but it's not going away. I do light exercises around the house now. Are my legs fucked for life?
>>
File: 198275982.jpg (425 KB, 800x1164) Image search: [Google]
198275982.jpg
425 KB, 800x1164
I'm 21|6'7"|319lbs. I'm down 70lbs since last year when I weighed almost 400lbs by eating less+better.

My question is: What else could I be doing? At this stage I'm still looking to lose another 70-100lbs at ~2lbs per week. Should I wait until I lose more weight before weightlifting? Should I do cardio instead? Should I do a mix of the two? I'm utterly lost as to where to go from here and I feel like I'm just going to end up a skeleton with grocery-bag skin.

I have pic-related sitting in my garage with a single set of plates+bar+bench as well as a treadmill
>>
How do I incorperate sprinting in a workout while also bulking?

I can go really fast and really enjoy it too, just not sure if I should do it before or after, or on rest days
>>
If I'm strictly bodybuilding (training for mass), is there any reason whatsoever to do any dumbbell press exercises? Wouldn't exercises that don't rely on stabilizers always be better because you can put on more weight?
>>
Can I cut without the gym for a few months? I'm very badly injured, doctor said no lifting and I probably can't get back for a couple of months at least but I can still walk fine. Would it be bad to cut while I'm out of the gym? I'm pretty fat right now, I know I'll lose muscle but that's going to happen regardless, and with muscle memory I figure I'll get it back fast when I get the all clear to lift again
>>
File: 1447425369176.jpg (17 KB, 248x236) Image search: [Google]
1447425369176.jpg
17 KB, 248x236
5'11 168 lbs, about 20% bodyfat with some muscle in the chest and arm area from calisthenics

should I bulk on SL 5x5? my plan is to do strength training in autumn-winter, then PPL in spring-summer
>>
>>36457101
Do it on off days.
>>
>>36457220
If that were the case then the Smith machine would be goat. Do em both
>>
>>36457308
Eat at slight deficit while doing hiit on off days for a half hour. Since you are noon you will still get stronger while losing weight. Once you are down in fat enough you can think about bulking
>>
>>36457259
Depends what injury. You may be able to go back and lift light weight at least since doctors advice is usually geared toward the average blob with no workout ethic.
>>
>>36457355
shame
didn't wanna lose muscle or get skinnier, guess I can't afford to get much fatter though
thanks

any idea what I should lower to?
>>
>>36457392
If you lift heavy and eat protein muscle loss should be minimal. I'd say about 12-13% is pretty good.
>>
Should I bulk on IF or not. Will I make more gains if I eat breakfast or not? I've been cutting on IF but now I've got use to it and I'm wondering if there is any benefit to it or not.
>>
I'm doing a upper lower split that's ULxULxx. Would I benefit from another day of upper like ULxULUx, or just stick to what I'm doing. I've been lifting for 6 months if that changes anything.
>>
>>36457488
Literally doesn't matter. Whatever helps you reach your calories.
>>
>>36456597
>high rep work for tendon inflamation
no
>>
>>36457511
How about fasted training, will I make more gains if I eat before?
>>
>>36457524
Doesn't matter much as well cuz it depends on the person. Conventional knowledge says eating before for energy but I feel lethargic if I do, so empty stomach works better for me.
>>
Posted this in a new thread. Maybe I should have posted it here.

Have a question and thought you guys might be able to help me out. I've been on TRT for a while now. At first I was seeing a solid increase in strength, fat loss, overall energy and drive. The dr. started me on 100mg/week of testosterone cypionate and upped it to 200mg after a month. Then after about 4 months I felt my energy begin to taper off so I decided to double it to 400mg/week. This seems to be a sweet spot. I have been taking this dose for a year and a half with very little side effects (very mild acne) and feel great. I call in my prescription every month or so and the pharmacy just fulfills it. I havent gone in to take blood tests this whole time because I'm afraid the dr. is going to tell me to take less or cut off my prescription altogether.

The question I have is this: do you guys think it is healthy to be taking this dose long term? What are some side effects that I'm missing? Do you think the doctor will cut me off of T altogether if he thinks I am "abusing" it? Should I take the risk and get bloodwork? What are your thoughts?

Thanks /fit/.
>>
>>36457587
sounds like a question for /fraud/, but 400mg sounds like a fairly low dose which you can cruise on. i think there's obviously implications with taking the incorrect dose, but as long as you don't get caught i don't see the problem.

>>36457524
the most important times to eat is before and after a workout.

>>36457501
there's no inherent need to add a third upper body day, although you can if you're desperate to get into the gym and add some extra work - you'll just then have to figure out how to get the right dose to not compromise the next upper body day, having less rest days.

>>36457308
it would be good to follow a compound focused, beginner strength routine. watch how your weight reacts to current calories and new routine and adjust calories depending on goal (i.e. add calories if you're losing too much weight and performing poorly in the gym, reduce calories if you're gaining too much weight)

>>36457220
neglecting stabilizers is when people get injured. you might get marginally bigger using machines lift for lift, but you also significantly increase the risk of injuring yourself and being put out the gym for months at a time.

>>36457040
you should absolutely do a weightlifting routine, and probably keeping up general light cardio for health (walking at least 30 mins a day) until you lose enough weight.

follow any beginner strength routine

>>36456883
it can take a while to heal depending on how severe you fucked them. don't do any stressful, repetitive work that'll aggravate your knees until 100% healed.

>>36456865
dont bother with wrist curls and unnecessary isolations, you won't be able to 'build up' your wrists.

focus on sturdy, aligned wrists during presses (knuckles in line with wrists), grip the bar tight during any pulling.

>>36456833
sure, if you can fit it in to not interfere with the main work.
>>
If I work two muscles group the same day, is it better to do exercices for the same group in a row, or alternate ?
For exemple, if I do shoulders and chest, 2 exercises each, do I do chest - chest - shoulder - shoulder or chest - shoulder - chest - shoulder ?
>>
Is there a retard-friendly guide on mixing plant foods to get the full profile?
>>
>>36456475

what happened to trappy chan?
did he die?
did he killed himself?
>>
So without any boxing experience. Some fighting sport experience(like 7 years) what is the chance if would fully focus on boxing that i could go pro?
>>
>>36458220
Almost impossible. Most pros started at a very young age and have dedicated there lives to mastering every facet of the game before they even stepped foot in a pro ring.
>>
File: MCUnT15.jpg (45 KB, 932x960) Image search: [Google]
MCUnT15.jpg
45 KB, 932x960
What are some good macros if I'm on a 1500 calorie cut?

Or is it less about macros and more about keeping to my calorie goals?
>>
>>36458290
Forgot to add that since mms is relatively young sport somebody could technically make it there being rather green if they are athletic enough. Look at Brock. Although he did have a wrestling background before.
>>
>>36458043
I don't know about an infographic or anything, but a good guideline is to think about what they eat in 3rd world countries: bean + rice, and beans + corn (tortillas) in Mexico, rice + soy in China, lentils + rice in Africa
>>
>>36458308
Mma*
>>
i drink 3-6 cups of green tea per day, the first 3 are in the morning and the second 3 are usually in the afternoon, to the final 3 cups i usually add a tbsp on honey, is this honey bad for me? i know its sugar but isnt it natural sugar to some degree?
>>
>>36456542
Bench, but without any weight on the bar.

Then slap a 25 on each side and bench 95lb for 5-8
Swap out the 25 for 45 and repeat.

Slap on a 25 and do 185x5-8
Then swap out the 25 for a 45 and do your working set.
>>
>>36458292
35p/35c/30f

Macros don't really matter, but that is what I do at 1500kcalma day with great success.

Yohimbine helps as well.
>>
File: The Walking Dead.jpg (100 KB, 604x493) Image search: [Google]
The Walking Dead.jpg
100 KB, 604x493
Fresh out of Cutting Town and I'm already pigging out.
How do I prevent this, /fit/? I haven't touched a gram of refined sugar for the past 5 months yet these past 2 days I've really let myself have a go at everything.

Please help a soon-to-rebound-ex-fatfuck out
>>
>>36457040
https://www.t-nation.com/training/the-best-damn-cardio-article-period

LIIIFFFFFTTTT
>>
>>36458357
Sugar is sugar. Three tablespoons of honey is a lot, but it's relative to the rest of your diet. Imo you're good.
>>
>>36458447
Weigh yourself erry day.
Track your weight, so you can see that shit trend up, and get the anorexia
>>
>>36458466
one tbsp per 3 cups i meant
>>
>>36458487
Well I do still track my calorie intake and stay inside desired macros, but all this sugar coming back into my life is freaking me out lol
>>
>>36458308
Worked for Brendan schaub... Kinda
>>
>>36458518
Gonna make it.
Just don't get complacent.

Sugar is fine, just avoid free sugars.

If you do consume free sugars, take some fiber to go along with it.
>>
File: 1346566341750.png (10 KB, 386x378) Image search: [Google]
1346566341750.png
10 KB, 386x378
>>36458546
>Gonna make it.
T-thank you brah
>>
How bad is it to do cardio everyday? I was thinking of using my exercise bike in the evenings for around half an hour each day. Or should I hold off until rest days?
>>
How do you actually overcome social anxiety and manage to start going to gym? I was pronounced fat but I am terribly asocial and introverted to even think about it
>>
When u're on a cut & get sick what do you eat?

More or just the same?
>>
Are isolation exercises necessary on a cut? Will I still get similar results if I just do purely compound exercises while cutting?
>>
>>36458308
Alright. Atleast i know. Thanks.
>>
Im currently bulking nad creating a new workout split. How many reps and sets of each workout should I follow? Stick to high weight low reps for strength? Or basic 8-12 hypertrophy? Any reccomendations?
>>
Young Metro don't trust me, what should I do?
>>
Can I become stronger while eating eating at a deficit? I am trying to cut so I'm eating very healty. Lots of vegetables, lean meat, no junk or candy but I'm still lifting bigger weights. Is it possible or am I fooling myself and actually eating to much?
>>
File: 1390947042800.png (191 KB, 318x360) Image search: [Google]
1390947042800.png
191 KB, 318x360
Other thread basically diet so I'm literally transplanting my question here:

Fat guy here. 5'11", 198lbs, unsure of BF% (probably 21-22%, but can't really tell)

I've lost weight before, but it seems like the last times I did it the loss was far more rapid. Currently about 197.8. Problem is that I was 199 last week despite the fact I'm eating at a 750 deficit as well as lifting 3x a week and doing C25K.

I started the 750 deficit about a week and a half ago but started lifting on a 500 deficit about a month ago: shouldn't the loss be faster than this? If I need to eat less, is 1400 cal/day too low?
>>
I can't make it to the gym tomorrow. I went this morning for upper body, and I'm considering going this evening again for lower body to make up for missing tomorrow. Safe? It's only a one time thing. Anything to be careful of?
>>
>>36458690
Pls answer friends
>>
What is the last autistic Ab routine to add to SS?
>>
How do you decide with respect to your abs when you should focus on hypertrophy versus cutting? I'm quite pleased with the entire remainder of my body, but I still have a thin layer of fat on my abs, preventing their visibility.
>>
Is there anything else besides proper form to keep your knees as safe as possible when squatting?
>>
>>36459164
I imagine shoes that fit properly are essential.
>>
File: Pepe_gun.jpg (6 KB, 200x194) Image search: [Google]
Pepe_gun.jpg
6 KB, 200x194
>>36458963
>>
>>36459184
I squat barefoot
>>
Who do you do on your rest day? Just run?
>>
>>36459184
I would say a propper warmup and knee-stability exercises like lunges.
>>
Is it a bad idea to do bodyweight exercises during rest days ?
I want to get bigger and I feel like compound mouvements only make me stronger but not big.
>>
>>36458963
Get shot.
>>
>>36459030
c'mon fit, help a guy out.
>>
File: 1455783929814.jpg (25 KB, 300x440) Image search: [Google]
1455783929814.jpg
25 KB, 300x440
in addition to normal post workout protein shakes, would constant micro doses of protein in my water (say a quarter scoop in my 16oz mix bottle) throughout the day do anything for my gains?

Also, thinking of switching entirely to beef based protein powders, pros and cons?
>>
File: 1319765604110.jpg (14 KB, 252x222) Image search: [Google]
1319765604110.jpg
14 KB, 252x222
>do keto for about 2.5 months with the occasional carb refeed
>check my blood surgar today (while fasted)
>107
WHAT THE FUCK, this can't be right, I didn't sleep a lot before doing the test and I ate something around 11pm could this have messed with my results? I'm already planing on getting a second exam, I haven't eaten sugary shit in months
and fear not, I'm already going to the doctor tomorrow, just figured it couldn't do any harm to ask here for some advise/insight
>>
Absolute newbie here, the only gym near to me is too far away from where I live.

Is there any way I could workout at home, without equipment ? And if I absolutely need equipment, what should I get ?
>>
>>36456475
My 1RM is 3.5 plates on squat, ca how many plates can i do 3x5-8 leg press with?
>>
Anyone have any tips for TM so I can make maximal squat gains?

I'm starting now with 3x5 VD and 3x2 ID.
>>
>>36460178
For now there's a lot you can do from home, like bodyweight exercises. The trouble with them is that you plateau relatively quickly, and after that you'll need to lift heavier. But for an absolute beginner you can start with things like pushups and box jumps to build some foundational strength and mobility.
>>
The right side of my sternum sticks out maybe 1/4" further than the left side. I'm thinking I either have slight pectus carinatum or slight scoliosis. I have back pain, but I'm pretty confident this issue is unrelated to the back pain. Will my sternum majorly affect anything?
>>
is 400ng/dl total, 6.1ng/dl free test low enough to impair gains?
>>
>>36456542
just read the sticky, it's all in there.
>>
>>36459850
why would it? rule of thumb is 1g of protein per lbs bodyweight (Actually 1g per lbs LBM). anymore doesn't have any beneficial effects.

i guess you could switch out a protein shake for small increments during the day, if you want though.
>>
>>36456684

I wouldn't. The whole point of keto is to get away from sugar. If you're going to get carbs, they should be "good" carbs - rice, oats, veggies.
>>
>>36457220

I would think dumbbells would be even better than barbells for this purpose.
>>
Would doing PPLPPLx in such a way that I work shoulders and tris one push, and chest and tris the second push, work?

I ask mainly because after I bench, I'm too fatigued to do OHP at full strength. At the moment, I'm just gonna switch which one I do first, and have the second exercise higher rep rather than higher weight.
>>
How often do y'all do abs?
How often do y'all do cardio?
>>
OK guys, on a diet getting out of whale mode. Down 210 from 240 so far. Is it okay to take small amounts of creatine for weight lifting while cutting fat? My protein powder has 2.5g per scoop, I can tell the difference when lifting (which I do every day as well as run 1 mile), maybe it's just placebo though idk.
>>
>>36461353
Cardio every day or die.
>>
File: 1456882935553.gif (1 MB, 260x195) Image search: [Google]
1456882935553.gif
1 MB, 260x195
>>36459789
>>36459030
No one?
>>
>>36458627
It's fine.

>selected all images with a tricycle
>>
>>36458674
More. Your priority is to get healthy again.
>>
the pump I get from going to the gym and doing back or chest exercises (I do BP, incline, flies, lat pull down, etc) is not as big as the pump I get working at home on my pull up bar (just doing like 7 sets of 8-15reps push ups and pull ups)
>>
>>36461712
that isn't a question
>>
>>36461712
forgot to include: why that happens and I think I'm just work out at home from now on doing only squats and deadlifts and some biceps or triceps exercise
>>
>>36461712
The square root of pie is roughly 3.14. That is also a fact.
>>
File: curls4thegurlz.jpg (110 KB, 540x960) Image search: [Google]
curls4thegurlz.jpg
110 KB, 540x960
can tiny wrists be fixed? will forearm exercises thicken wrists? or is it all genetic?
>>
>>36461753
hgh will make your wrists bigger
>>
>>36461803
is that the only solution?desu i dont want to try hgh people i know said it can give u bone cancer,heart problems and a huge gut.
>>
>>36461833
you could also just wait till 40 or 50 while working out
>>
File: sadicecream.jpg (35 KB, 1400x744) Image search: [Google]
sadicecream.jpg
35 KB, 1400x744
anyone here use the Stronglifts 5x5 app? are the starting weights that the app recommends supposed to be so low? i've lifted for almost a year now and it's telling me to do bench press 70lb when i usually bench 155
>>
>>36461852
not sure if trolling or legit advice,but most old people who worked manual labor have huge ass wrists so ill keep a possibility this is legit advice
>>
>>36461859
yeah it starts you off super low on purpose
you can change them if you want to
>>
>>36461884
not trolling
your body releases HGH when you workout
do that for 30 years and shit grows
>>
>>36461891
thanks for the advice anon
>>
>>36461885
how often does the app increase the weight?
>>
>>36461939
it increases everytime you do the same exercise
so every workout your squat goes up by 5 lbs
every other workout the other exercises increase by 5 lbs except deadlift which goes up by 10lbs
>>
>>36461970
neato

guess ill just up the weight a bit and let it do its thing
>>
File: back.jpg (62 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
back.jpg
62 KB, 640x480
How do I get rid of lovehandles on the lower back like in pic related? They look unaesthetic from certain angles. Is it just a body fat% thing or are they just going to be there forever?
>>
>>36462094
might be loose skin, more likely fat.
>>
>>36462094
>iktf
>>
>>36462112

I have something like 18% bodyfat atm, when did yours go away? I have wide as fuck hips and I'm worried that because of my lack of taper I'm always going to have fucking love handles
>>
>>36462019
lol selection bias, kiddo
>>
>>36462161
swag
>>
>>36462148
I'm the wrong person to ask since I've never been thin, on my way down though. To my knowledge 12% is the magic number for most people, maybe 10% if you're trying to get rid of some really stubborn fat.
>>
>>36462094
>>36462148
cut you disgusting fatty,and dont whine until you reach 12% bf
>>
Last few workouts have wrecked me so hard I end up sleeping/taking a nap if I can about an hour afterwards.

I assume this is okay, maybe I am not eating enough?

I am past noob gains I guess, and still rolling on a cut, doing an EC stack.

Question is, should I back off workouts, or keep hitting em hard. I can't really sleep more at night, I always wake around 6am. I just felt so damn tired after the last few workouts, trying to figure what to do to keep energy levels higher if I can.
>>
File: WIN_20160319_14_20_47_Pro.jpg (185 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
WIN_20160319_14_20_47_Pro.jpg
185 KB, 1280x720
how to fix assymetry? I know it's supposed to be common among novices but I am starting to notice it a lot more lately.
>>
>>36462199
>>36462228

thanks
>>
>>36462291
do unilateral training and make sure each side does the same amount of work
>>
Is keto bad for you long term?
>>
>>36462291
start isolating each side for the same range of motion,resistance and repetitions.this can be done with almost any body part and almost every exercise excluding dumbbell flies and similar exercises who inflict unnatural torques on the spine when performed with one arm.
a lot of people perform compound exercises with bad form and acquire this assymetry and others are born with it and never take measures to correct it.
A simple example of the first case is the dude you see with the bar slightly off center to one side everytime he squats.Or the guy who leans on one side on pushups.
tldr evaluate your form and stop egolifting to prevent future imbalances
>>
>>36462382
keto is gay in general
>>
>>36462382
I used it to lose weight, worked great. Supposedly you can have a sensitivity to carbs afterwards for a few months, so come off of it slowly or you'll likely gain weight back.
>>
>>36462382
To my knowledge keto is really only recommended for Obese folks, anybody with BF under 25% should probably just stick the slow way.
>>
>>36459030
I'd say it's probably too soon to tell. If you're lifting you could be putting on muscle mass which will disguise some of the weight loss due to fat, so don't use weight as your only indicator. Stick to what you're doing and give it another month before you think about switching stuff up. Also, you sure you're counting calories accurately?
>>
>>36459045
Since it's an upper/lower split id say it's fine as long as you got some rest and ate since the first workout
>>
On pullups do you go until the bar is all the way to the bottom of your chin when your head is level with the bar? It feels more natural for me to go until the bar is at the bottom of my ears
>>
>>36459124
Ab wheel is never autistic
>>
>>36462622
>Also, you sure you're counting calories accurately?
Absolutely positive. I'm sure there are a few discrepancies here and there, but I'm sure I'm never farther than 50 calories off from my daily total.

And after all, I'm seeing some weight loss. I just want to see it faster. If I can lose 1.5lbs a week instead of 1.2, that'll save me over a month in total.
>>
>>36459317
Calisthenics won't help much with mass. You need to eat lots and lift heavy for that.
>>
>dad-zone

omg
>>
>>36460367
Fuck knows. See a doctor.
>>
Where do I buy shorts and a top that will show off my gains for summer?
>>
Is my friend right that my exercise is worthless?

I'm 6' 5", 230 pounds and my goal is 200. I'm mainly doing that by dieting, but I'm doing some exercise. Each day I jog for about a mile (half jog-half walk), do 10 push-ups, sit-ups and 10 squats. It's about as much as I can do before becoming completely out of breath since it's the first time I've exercised in my 25 years of life.

My friend says it's not enough to affect anything. I just want to lose weight and not be out of breath. Is he right?
>>
>>36462648
1.hang yourself from the bar,allow yourself to reach dead hang
2.pull yourself up until your chin is over the bar without swaying and hold for 1 second
3.lower yourself down slowly until you reach dead hang
4.repeat

if you're doing chinups,keep a mild lordosis by keeping your chest out and touch the bar with your chest when you're all the way up.
>>
>>36462648
no you go until your shins hit the bar
>>
>>36462688
cardio is good the other don't really matter but it is still good for your body and your goal of being more healthy
>>
>>36462688
Somewhat. You could probably be doing more, but if you're really that out of shape do what you can. I personally find that it's better to go balls to the wall rather than slowly get into it since I'm more likely to stick with the program when it feels like a workout.
>>
File: Picture 46.jpg (683 KB, 2592x1944) Image search: [Google]
Picture 46.jpg
683 KB, 2592x1944
>>36462688
your friend is not right.even those 10 pushups and squats will help you build a small base for when you get leaner.and a mile is not bad for somebody who has never worked out before.
Try to reach 5k in 3 months while losing weight at the same time.Maybe join a local run4fun 3k or 5k race when you feel ready.
Best of luck
>>
>>36462688

Its not useless, but for weight loss its secondary to getting your diet in order.

As far as actual fitness goes though, its irreplaceable. Losing weight helps with not being out of breath but not as much as getting fitter.
>>
>>36461884
This is an example of the survivor fallacy. The guys with puny wrists either never got into manual labour or didn't last as long as the others. It's silly to think that physical work changes your skeleton.
>>
>>36462688
This >>36462730 senpai. Focus on diet changes, read the sticky.
>>
>>36462740
doesn't HGH thicken your wrists?
also doesn't physical exercise release hgh into your system?
>>
>>36462688
If your main goal is losing weight that's like 99% diet. Your exercising will help you look a bit better when it's off and it'll help bring it off a tiny bit faster.

What you're doing will work for your goals, your friend is probably saying you won't get jacked doing it which is true.
>>
>>36462740
>It's silly to think that physical work changes your skeleton.
thats wrong.doctors always suggest physical exercise to old men and women to avoid osteopenia,that is,thin bones.
>>
>>36462730
>>36462747
>>36462762
The TDEE calculator says 2767 and the sticky says - 500 calories = 2267. My smartphone app has been putting me at 1680 calories which I've stuck to for the past week. Is that too low?
>>
Hey guys, any reason why my back feels trained going up while doing squats?

Im not even lifting heavy, just 245lbs, but I can't finish my set because my back feels trained. Like its absorbing all the pressure from the weight. It never happened before and its pmo because I can't add weight to the bar. Is my core week? glutes not activating? form off?
>>
>>36462756

HGH thickening the skeleton is in the same category as it enlarging internal organs - its been claimed for years and it kind of fits, but its never been proven.

Of course, longterm physical labour definitely does affect the skeleton. You can get a good idea of peoples occupation in life by how their skeleton differs from the norm. But I dunno whether that would extend to thickening a joint.
>>
I want to lose fat, but I only want to whenever I'm not hungry. When I'm hungry, I can never find any reason to not eat more, and I don't even care about losing fat.

It's really annoying. How to stay full for longer, without just eating more food?
>>
>>36462860
eat more protein it will fill you up more
also grow a fucking pair and stick to your plans
>>
File: ab wheel.jpg (16 KB, 300x269) Image search: [Google]
ab wheel.jpg
16 KB, 300x269
was thinking of getting an ab wheel and adding it to my workout (SS w/ arm accessories)

anyone had success with these things before? dont really care about the "six-pack" look, i just want a stronger core for squats
>>
File: goalb.jpg (27 KB, 638x425) Image search: [Google]
goalb.jpg
27 KB, 638x425
Would a routine for a body like this lend itself more to powerlifting or bodybuilding?
>>
>>36462769
There's a big difference between maintaining bone health and thinking you can enlarge your frame through exercise.
>>
>>36462888
They give you ab doms like no other but I'm not sure if they're the ideal thing to build core strength for squats
>>
Squat is at 65kg and deadlift is at 100kg. Are those in good enough proportion?
>>
File: 1443744917217.webm (2 MB, 664x428) Image search: [Google]
1443744917217.webm
2 MB, 664x428
>>36456475
tips for losing water weight?
>>
>>36462816
Are you squat-morning the bar up? If course your back is involved in the lift but it shouldn't feel like the main muscle group. Is your back straight and your weight in the heels?
>>
>>36462935
Your squat should be more like 75.
>>
>>36462942
Just pour some out of the bottle.
>>
>>36462942
don't drink water
>>
>>36462930

what benefit do they provide then? just more visible abs?

do you have any routines or anything to recommend?
>>
File: 10203615_49_600_422.jpg (71 KB, 600x422) Image search: [Google]
10203615_49_600_422.jpg
71 KB, 600x422
Do I need zinc due to lifting? Do you take zinc? Or is it something I should get tested for to see if I'm deficient? Body builder dude I know says zinc is needed if you lift
>>
>>36462888
>an ab wheel raped my gf and killed my family
no those things will seriously kick your ass, get one
>>
>>36462815
Your TDEE as a 25-year-old, 230 pound, 6'5" male is 2575. You don't want to include any exercise into your TDEE when cutting as you want to be losing weight at rest (The exercise estimators are not reliable either).

So right now you want to eat a maximum of 2075 calories if you want to lose a pound per week.

Since you're not obese, I would not recommend eating at 1000 under your TDEE. Try 750 and see how that works.
>>
>>36463070
Zinc is just the new meme supplement. It requires a pretty weird diet to be deficient in it; super dose levels do nothing for you (like the vast majority of vitamins); and the long-held bro-science that sweating reduces zinc levels has been conclusively shown irrelevant, even for ultra-marathoner levels of sweat.
>>
>>36462382
Yes. It's probably bad for heart and liver (though not as bad as remaining fat would be).

It's not even really that effective for weight loss. Studies show that the main reason people lose weight on keto diets is because of calorie reduction (carbs are the main calorie that leaves you wanting more food); only a small extra portion comes from increased ketogenesis from fat itself.
>>
>>36462815
Ultimate solution: graph your weight and calorie consumption. Change calorie consumption until the best fit line for weight loss to average slope of -1lb per week, and you'll be losing at about the optimum rate.
>>
File: 1458215968170.jpg (81 KB, 720x631) Image search: [Google]
1458215968170.jpg
81 KB, 720x631
Okay so I'm 6'5 and 150lbs

Is GOMAD a good option for me?

Don't fucking tell me to eat more, I can't afford it
>>
>>36463425
you'd be better off eating like a carton of eggs a day. you also shouldn't actually do an entire gallon, just use milk to supplement your calories and don't rely on a jug every day to make your nutritional goals.
>>
Is there a bodyweight/free weight equivalent to SS? I'd like to avoid paying for a gym membership or big sets of equipment.
>>
>>36462942
Drink MORE water
>>
>>36462955
I do upper back squats.

Yea, my weight is on my heels during the lift. It's weird, it never happened before. I squat tomorrow so I'll see whats going on. I tighten up my core and lift up the weight, but the motion upwards strains my back during the sets.
>>
>>36463553
/r/bodyweightfitness
>>
>>36463425
Oats peanut butter and whey shakes. Eat 2-3 a day and eat a regular meal at night. Guarantee you'll gain weight.
>>
i went to the beach this weekend and got burnt as shit, i can barely move right now how am i gonna lift tomorrow?
>>
>>36463748
You got injured, you have to do everything in your power to not agitate it. This means not lifting.
>>
>>36463748
Drink a ton of water and lather yourself in fucking aloe.

Maybe even take a long bath with aloe in the water, cool water
>>
>>36458666

Just fucking do it.

I used to be the same. I was paranoid as fuck about going to the gym when I first started because of crippling social anxiety, so I just did bodyweight exercises for the first few months. One day I got dragged to a gym by a friend, and the fear basically disappeared overnight. Have been hitting the gym ever since.
>>
File: IMG_20160313_194632.jpg (3 MB, 4128x2322) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160313_194632.jpg
3 MB, 4128x2322
Trying to lose weight any eventually build muscle. 211 lbs, mostly fat, at 5'7. I'm 19. Should I just start with bulking or just go for the cut until I've lost a good amount?
>>
>>36464068
>Should I just start with bulking
Look in the mirror. Do you think you need any additional fat?

Cut. And if you haven't, read the sticky. You'll need a good deficit, use a TDEE calculator to find it. Since your BMI is 30+ (obese), I'd recommend a daily calorie limit of 1500. Make sure protein is high and carbs are under 100g.
>>
whats the best way to track what you eat? writing it down in a book, or an app? i've tried myfitnesspal but it's so tedious to type out every single ingredient to a meal

also, tips for meal tracking are welcome
>>
>>36464068
I'll recommend to cut. That helps you learn how to measure food and other things about nutrition. In this future this will allow you for a more successful bulk.

Since you're a beginner you'll be building some muscle anyway while you're cutting.
>>
>>36464068

great moves ethan, keep it up. You have bulked, cut until daddy loves you again.
>>
>>36464369
MFP has preregistered foods. Click on one of them and it'll add everything automatically. You can also just input the macros without going into the micros if youre really lazy.
It also saves your meals so you don't have to reinput everything all the time.

>>36464068
LA Fitness?
>>
Why don't my calves grow? How intense am I supposed to be training them? Do they only grow if you're on gear?
>>
>>36464369
> i've tried myfitnesspal but it's so tedious to type out every single ingredient to a meal

It's the same with every other app, you're just logging food you ate. MFP is the most-commonly used and once you get a few weeks in you just have to click a few buttons to get your whole day mapped out.
>>
>>36464572
You have shit calf genetics.
>>
can i do c25k on an elliptical? basically is an elliptical functionally the same as running? (as opposed to an exercise bike, which isn't)
>>
I'm broke and can't go to the gym till summer. What are the best workouts to do at home with no equipment?
>>
I plan to start an EC stack soon. Most guides here dont include aspirin. Is there a reason I should/should not use it? Any tips for someone about to begin it? I don't have any caffeine at the moment so Im beginning with split pills for a week or so
>>
>>36464588
Would roids show a noticeable growth in calves?
>>
>>36464604
Yes. But I don't understand why you would want to have big calves. Mine are relatively big since I'm 1/4 Asian, and genetically, asians have big calves - but it's a bitch to find good fitting pants
>>
>>36464614
>But I don't understand why you would want to have big calves
Chicken legs don't look good. My quads/hamstrings are pretty decent but my calves make my legs look small as fuck. Especially if I wear shorts. I don't want people saying I don't do legs purely because my calves don't want to grow no matter how much I train them.
>>
>>36464572
Do 100 calf raises every workout. No joke
>>
>>36464643
I'll try this. Thanks senpai.
>>
I'm going out this week to start donating blood plasma biweekly for some extra money, will this effect my gains and how long should I wait after donating to work out?
>>
File: Screenshot_3.png (579 KB, 985x603) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_3.png
579 KB, 985x603
>>36464632
Don't wear 3/4 pants then?
If you have decent quads/hams and you wear proper fitting shorts, your legs will look good. See pic related.
>>
>>36464592
No, not really. Elliptical's are really a machine that relies entirely on the user to get their heartrate up. A treadmill or just running outside will work far better.
>>
>>36464682
>your legs will look good
>see pic related

pick one
>>
how the fuck am i supposed to rest my shoulder if i have to use it for nearly everything?
>>
>>36464718
just don't directly work shoulders, thats like isolating arms and then wanting to rest them while trying to do back or chest. not gonna really work
>>
>>36458666
You literally just have to do it and then you'll realize that nobody is paying any attention to you. They're all focused on their own workout and music etc.

Nobody goes to the gym to judge others. If anything, when I see a fat person at the gym I'm glad to see them doing something about it
>>
>>36464718
By not doing exercises that don't utilize shoulders as a primary muscle.
>>
>>36464672
T nation has an article on it from a few years ago and I tried it out for a bit. Worked pretty decently. Things like clean pulls will work well too.
>>
>>36458666
>666
You can do it, Satan! No one in the gym even cares if you're a fallen angel.
>>
How often should I do shrugs?

I usually do them at the end of every deadlift for like 5 or 10 reps and that's it. Is this enough?
>>
>>36464744
i do them every other day but i'm retarded. pretty decent results so far, but i used to forget about them a lot
>>
>>36464744
I do them after shoulders doing 3 x 10-12. Your traps won't grow to be giant without roids anyway so I don't think overtraining them is beneficial. Mine aren't flat and have some definition so I'm ok with doing 3x10-12.
>>
File: suicide_girls_060.jpg (727 KB, 1200x800) Image search: [Google]
suicide_girls_060.jpg
727 KB, 1200x800
Anyone know where I could get an actual physical calendar with alt pinup girls on it? The suicide girls bill themselves as pinup girls but there's no actual calendars available on their site.

I need something that can help me keep track of routines/schedule/progress etc. but also function as motivation.
>>
Ive got DOMS in my hamstrings from deadlifts on friday. Should I still do diddlys today or give them a miss or just go light or something? Im doing ss so I'm meant to be progressing each workout but not sure if its best if I still have DOMS
>>
is casually riding a bike 30 minutes every day enough to lose fat?
>>
>>36465022
Google "calories in calories out". Biking 30 mins a day will help but not in the way you probably think based on your question
>>
>>36465022
Maybe. Depends on your current weight and your weight goal.

Your eating habits also play a large factor.
>>
Is sniffing coke cheating? want to burn some fat senpai
>>
Is there a difference between sitting OHP and standing OHP?
>inb4 sitting in one and standing in the other
>>
>>36465067
Yes idiot, soda is terrible for you
>>
>>36465112
I'm talking about cocaine idiot, it burns fat like crazy.
>>
I could use a good exercise to target the long head of the tricep. My lateral head is pretty fucking solid, but I have trouble getting much size on the long head.
>>
>>36465139
Soda has tons of sugar, which turns to fat. You can get addicted to caffeine too, so you should try and stay away.
>>
>>36465139
>the joke

>your head
>>
>>36465067
>Is x cheating?
Who cares niggaaaaaaaa
>>
>>36465139
>it burns fat like crazy.
Naa. It may help a little but it's more that it makes you not want to eat. Which may or may not be a good thing for you. Either way there are way more healthy alternatives such as ephedrine.

>>36465170
All kinds of overhead extensions work well for targeting the long head.

My favourite triceps isolation exercise is inverted skullcrushers aka bodyweight triceps extension. If you do this exercise against the smith machine and sort of lean into a stretch in the bottom position, it hits the long head brutally hard as well. A bit hard to explain, sorry.
>>
I'm a novice lifter and during workouts I find I often can't complete them because my muscle just "give up" and feel tense and exhausted even though I know I can and have lifted the particular weight and particular reps before. Right now I'm thinking my lack of flexibility may be making my muscles become overly tense during workout and then fuck up my ability to lift. Is there any way to overcome this problem? Or am I completely off base and there's something else wrong with me/
>>
>>36465232
Get plenty of solid nutrition before training.
Take enough rest between heavy sets. It takes a while for your muscles to recharge from doing a heavy set of 5, even if your mind feels fresh.
Allow your work capacity to build up, which may take a few sessions.

It's not a flexibility issue. Although you may still have one, of course.
>>
>>36465231
I think I've got you. It's the one where you take the rope over your head, step away from the machine and then extend forward right?

I've done those a bunch, I think I'm going to have to go through really slow. I don't think I'm activating the muscle properly. My motor units in the long head must be ass.

I did a ton of pushups before ever getting into lifting, so my long head has always been strong and just done all the work. Thanks for the advice though.
>>
>>36465232
Sounds more like you're not eating right. Are you eating anything 1-3 hours before your workout?
>>
>>36465261
>It's the one where you take the rope over your head, step away from the machine and then extend forward right?
Nope, not at all.
It's the 3rd variation shown here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHdZ0Fvk61g

Bonus tip: When you do these on rings or something similar, you can change your leverages throughout the set by taking a couple of steps forward, effectively creating a smooth dropset. The burn, I'm telling you.
>>
>>36465257
>>36465323
I eat breakfast close to when I go to the gym, around an hour before. As an example, tomorrow I'll have toast and some strips of turkey bacon. Generally I rest about a minute between sets, but since the first anon mentioned it my ability generally fails once my warmup sets are done and I'm at the near-maximum ones..
>>
>>36465342
Sounds like you barely have anything in you anon. Bread is basically no nutrition what-so-ever and turkey bacon has no carbs and low calorie count. I'd highly recommend eating some eggs or having a glass of milk or something. You should try to have at least 150 calories of nutritious food.
>>
>>36465342
>>36465359
This.

Also, if you're taking your sets close to the point where you can't do any more reps, and we're talking about big barbell exercises, you're going to need much more than 1 minute rest periods.
>>
>>36465359
Ok. Since my breakfast is generally as light a fare as that I think I may be sacrificing nutrition for the sake of calories in/out weight loss.Then I'm guessing it'd be better to eat a better meal on my lifting days?

>>36465367
I rest for a minute because I feel awkward doing nothing for longer than that while the people around me don't seem to wait that long, but if it's better for me it may be worth it.

>Also, if you're taking your sets close to the point where you can't do any more reps

Yeah, tht's what I mean.
>>
>>36465405
You should ALWAYS have at-least 150 calories of nutritious food (IE carbs worth a damn, protein, and fat) before lifting weights. You should also make sure you're sleeping at least 7 hours a day.
>>
>>36465405
>I feel awkward doing nothing for longer than that while the people around me don't seem to wait that long
It's a gym. You can't compare yourself to other people. They have different routines than you, different weights than you, different programs than you. Even if they do judge you, it's not like you're gonna know.
>>
>>36465334
Oh shit. I do that but I pull the rope down instead of pulling myself up.

Just looking at it I think I might also try holding a dumbell behind my head with both arms and do a tricep extension straight up. It looks like it would hit the same muscle.

Thanks again dude.
>>
>>36465415
Sleep's not an issue, but now I'm worried about my nutrition before workout. Just even a glass of milk would be enough to give me the stuff I need?

>>36465421
Ultimately I know, but when you're a scrawny motherfucker and the guy next to you is jacked as shit I can't help but osmose some of those havits since they've clearly got more results.
>>
I can do about 10 pull-ups, 12 hammer grip pull-ups and 15 chin-ups at best. Today I tried pull-ups on rings and I could only do 4x6.

Does this sound normal? I know ring pull-ups are harder but are they really supposed to be that much harder?
>>
>>36465540
Read the posts man! Get 150 calories in before working out!
>>
>>36466146
Ring pull ups are the gymnastics things, yeah?

Of course they're going to be harder: They use your stabilizers and make you focus on pushing weight down while not pushing the rings apart.
>>
Whats the site called that gives you a workout based on your goals? Like i can select if its for career(Military, police, firefighter), Strength or bodybuilding
>>
What to drink for drinking calories?

Just got off a 6 month cut from 230 to 165 and now im focussing on lowering my bfp before gaining lean mass and am having trouble eating 1900 calories for my BMR.
>>
>>36466179
You mean muscle up on rings, where you first do pull-up and then push your arms straight. I just did regular pull-ups. I am not a gymnast, I just read that pull-ups on rings are better for your joints and stabilizing muscles so I wanted to try them out.
>>
>>36466220
They're not functional strength, so I wouldn't worry too much about it. It probably will strengthen your stabilizers, but since you hardly use those in any lifts strengthening them probably won't help anything.
>>
>>36466218
>What to drink for drinking calories?
Not sure I understand the question

> having trouble eating 1900 calories for my BMR.
Calorie-dense foods. Pasta, cheeses, nuts, milk, sauces, steaks, chili, etc.
>>
>>36466233
Yeah that's what I've been doing but I hate eating a lot at once, I guess I got that from the cut. What I meant from the question is you can eat calories like what you just listed or you can drink them with like coke as an example but obviously thats shit for you.
>>
>>36466238
to add. I obviously wouldnt be getting all my calories from drinking but just the ones I have leftover
>>
>>36466226
Surely stronger stabilizers decrease the risk of injury? And I still use the same major muscles to do the actual pull-up, so if it's harder to do on rings, my common sense would say that it requires more strength than a normal pull-up. And the more strength you have to use, the stronger the exercise makes you, right?
>>
Had two hellish days of puking and fever, getting a little better now, already skipped today's ohp session, is it wise to go to the gym tomorrow (deadlift day) or just skip it and go thursday(bench)?
ps i'm on the 3rd week of 5/3/1 BBB, the one with the maxes, if that changes anything
>>
>>36466704
shoo-shoo gains goblin!
>>
I've been lifting anywhere from 5-6 days a week for the past 7 months. Would I benefit from a week off of lifting?
>>
Is running everyday (while on a cut obviously) doing more bad than good long term? I understand that for lifting, your muscles need time to rest but is it the same for running? I'm only running 5K while doing HIIT.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 33

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.