[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hunger
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: features_hero_hungry.jpg (9 KB, 333x221) Image search: [Google]
features_hero_hungry.jpg
9 KB, 333x221
How often are you hungry, /fit/? Do you think being shredded worth depriving yourself of food?
I'm bulking right now and don't track macros. I eat whatever I want whenever I'm hungry, which is most of the time. Thankfully the foods I want are 'clean' - I eat only whole foods, no processed garbage, added sugar or transfats at all. I find that when I eat like this I gain about 5-6lb a month. I know some of it is fat, however I'm happy eating what I want and don't care as long as I'm not actually fat.
>>
>>36453542
I'm not much of a foodie, my sense of taste is mediocre at best, I find food to be more of a chore than anything. This makes bulking hard and being shredded much easier.
>>
From my experience, being lean is worth the effort, even if just for facial gains.

You can make the process much easier with cal and carb cycling along with IF.
>>
File: Real-Food-Pyramid1.jpg (143 KB, 807x805) Image search: [Google]
Real-Food-Pyramid1.jpg
143 KB, 807x805
>>36453542
There are basically four reasons for being hungry - emotional/boredom eating, cutting, eating shitty foods, or forcing your body to maintain a bodyfat level it doesn't like.

A lot of time time you aren't really hungry, you just want food because it tastes good. When you want to eat, first really ask yourself if you're actually hungry.

If your cutting sometimes it's necessary to be hungry, you just have to deal with it. Drink more water and unsweetened tea.

If you aren't cutting and are staying hydrated, most peoples hunger levels tend to be fine. If you eat well - ie large meals where half of the plate is veggies, a quarter meat and a quarter whole grains - you really should be getting hungry only every 4-5 hours, which is normal. You shouldn't want to snack between meals.
If this isn't the case, consider lowering carbs and upping fats. There is nothing wrong with carbs, however most people can't get full on them, especially sweet things such as fruit and simple carbs. Fat isn't 'filling' but stops most people feeling hungry between meals. Eat some nuts or maybe a square of real dark chocolate after a meal.
Basically eat lots of vegetables to fill up and add fat/protein to stay full.

Finally, bodyfat 'set point' is a real thing. This is not talking about an inability to lose/gain weight, that depends purely on a deficit. Everyones body has a genetic preference for bodyfat and weight, probably falling between 12-16% for most men. If you drop too far below this your hunger hormones go out of whack

tldr: eat only real food and don't get too lean unless you really think it's worth being hungry a lot of the time
>>
>>36453697
Good post, although I would like a source on the bodyfat set point thing
>>
>>36453542
I have two modes: abs and no abs

>abs mode
1 cookie with a meal, carbs to a minimum, diet soda etc. as close to bodyweight in protons g's/day. this gets me visible abs. 23-2700cal/day

>no abs mode
eat everything. 3500cal+/day

I gain strength while on no-abs mode and can only maintain on abs mode. For me though, abs mode is way easier. i really dont give a shit about food its just a task i have to do because if i dont ill die. so doing it more often is annoying. i hate grocery shopping, i hate cooking, i hate taking the time to eat.

cutting is the down-hill coast to the finish line in the bulk/cut cycle for me.
>>
>>36453715
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2990627/
Basically if you get too lean or too light you get hungry more often and your metabolism drops (only slightly, due to a small lowering of body temperature and less fidgeting)

This does NOT excuse fatties. First of all, no one has a bodyfat set point at the level where you get manboobs, a FUPA etc. It probably goes as high as 16% for males, ie a light covering of flab. If you lift, and you should be lifting, you should never have moobs.
Secondly, no matter what your set point is you can always gain or lose weight by eating less or more, respectivley
>>
>>36453627
>>36453727
I'm jealous of people like you. Unless I'm really busy, cooking and eating good food are the highlights of my day
>>
>>36453744
dont get me wrong, i appreciate the taste of food. but even the best thing ever will make me puke if i eat more than a reasonable portion. and if im not empty-stomach the thought of food *rarely* crosses my mind. and 99% of the time i'm doing something i'd rather not stop doing, have to fucking get up and answer the screaming voice in my stomach that wont SHUT THE FUCK UP. then waste time balancing quickness of prep vs awfulness of taste, make the shit, and then eat the shit. all just to get back to what i was doing.

if you want to lets say eat a good meal and get loads of protein, you'd cook some beef perhaps. but between prepping, perhaps thawing, cooking, setting up to eat (finding a good channel, starting show, whatever) and eating, that shit can easily take an 45min-hour. multiple times, every damn day. how is that enjoyable?
>>
>>36453797
Pretty much this
'Hunger' in the modern world is only mental 99% of the time. If I'm really busy, or just really into a video game, I can go all day without eating
>>
>>36453542
I'm always hungry. When I don't eat, I just lose muscle and barely any fat. Don't know what's up with that, doesn't matter if I lift or not - being hungry = losing my gains.

And yes, that usually means eternal bulk for me but I'm having trouble finding clothes at a certain point.
>>
>>36453542
>>36453735
>>36453744
>>36454219
Fatsos in denial
>>
>>36454367
>He disagrees
>HE MUST BE FAT
Actually, I think you are the fatty here.
>>
>>36454219
More protein, less starchy carbs. No processed foods. Eat at least 3 lbs of veggies pr day.

I doubt you can stay hungry on that.
>>
>>36454627
Don't forget fats
People who go low carb tend to lose their appetites
>>
>>36454400
>'I don't think being lean is worth being hungry'
>not a fatass with no disclipline/self-control
Pick one and only one
>>
>>36453797
I agree that cooking and eating takes time from what you want to do. But you know you can cook for several days at a time and store excess in a fridge, right? It takes me 2 hours to cook food for 4 days including cleanup time. That's 30 min a day. But if I did it everyday, it would take either te whole 2 hours or at best 1.5.

Point is, if it's taking you 45-60min to make some meal, you could probably make the same meal in a larger portion for several days in 1-2 hours (depending in your specific situation). All together saving you an average of 15-45 min per day if you make it for 4 days.
>>
>>36453797
Totally agreed. All the buying food, preparing food, eating food, cleaning the kitchen multiple times a day is just too much for me. I'd much rather do something else with my time and money. Unless someone starts buying and cooking my food for me I'm skelly forever...

How do faties and permabulkers do it? Where do you get all the time and money? Don't you do anything else but eat and make food?
>>
>>36454966
I guess you have a point but wouldn't eating the same thing for multiple days get pretty old soon?
>>
>>36455122
I personally have the blandest taste around. I look forwards to oats prepared with water and steamed frozen broccoli. Do most people go mad if they don't eat something different every day?
>>
>>36455951
idk man I like the taste of black coffee and oats every morning too. I do switch other things around to keep things interesting. I guess I'm more motivated to prepare something if it's going to deliver a new taste experience.
>>
I use a kg bag of frozen veggies, usually a mix but I'm in a broccoli and onion mood today
>>
Put a nonstick pot over dry heat and dump them in from straight out of the freezer. Chop up two onions and add along with a small amount of salt and plenty of black pepper (no oil or butter or fat of any kind)
>>
>>36457334
Fuck
>>
Enjoy with a can of salmon for fat and protein
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.