[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey /fit/, what's the absolute cheapest way of getting stronger?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
Hey /fit/, what's the absolute cheapest way of getting stronger? Is convict conditioning etc effective (or rather how effective is it)?
I've been homeless the past two years and I can't afford a gym right now but I want to start doing some form of strength training.
>>
>>36451301
Not my words , but " if you can't afford a 20 dollar gym membership , you have more important things to worry about".

You can't find a job ? Not being a dick , just curious.
>>
I couldn't afford gym, so I put together wooden bench, solid stick with water bottles on the ends, and started lifting like that, shit did the trick. other than that, calisthenics should work just fine for you
>>
>>36451301
You've got much bigger problems than getting stronger.
>>
>>36451321
Most gyms around here seem to run about 150/month.
Also, a good portion of my money is going straight towards savings and debt right now. I just don't have a fantastic job right now.
>>
Stronger? yeah sure convict conditioning
Bigger? Need $$$ for extra food. You can only get strong to a point without eating extra to compensate.
>>
why did they bother shaping the rocks into circles?
>>
>>36452695
not sure if trolling
>circle rocks are concrete anon
>>
>>36451301
Is this in Zimbabwe?
>>
>>36451342
this
>>
>>36451301
taking testosterone, dont even need a gym membership
>>
>>36452695
not sure if bait, but whatever
it's concrete not rock.
>>
>>36451301
Yes that would probably be the cheapest way to go honestly. All you need is a 20-25 dollar pull up bar and you are as good as set. I have a set of paralette bars (for handstand pushups) and one of those portable dip stations from back when I was in your position.
>>
>>36451349
which country is that?
In Germany I pay ~40€ per month at Pfitzenmeyer
>>
Bodyweight exercises, safe "junk"/"odd" objects and tools are good.

For example, some great exercises for forearms/grip: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OqVNqssrQQ0

The most important thing to remember is that by starting now, you will at least have some level of improved athleticism by the time you can afford the gym or a set of weights. It's better to do something rather than nothing.
>>
>tfw $100/year membership to a gym just down the street
>>
Kettlebell. It fits in a bag. You aren't too much of a pussy to carry a kettlebell with you are you? That's probably why you're a bum.

>pull ups with kettlebell in a bag
>planks with kettlebell on your ass
>swings
>swings
>swings
>running up a hill with a kettlebell in your left hand
>running up a hill with a kettlebell in your right hand

kettlebells
>>
>>36451342

Nobody has any bigger problems than getting stronger.
>>
i pay 6.5 euros per month lol
>>
How do you plan to afford the increased food consumption?
>>
>>36455525
accurate
>>
>>36451301
>YABA DABBA DIIDLY
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.