[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
do you ACTUALLY lose muscle on cut? i mean, why would your body
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 137412279020.jpg (54 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
137412279020.jpg
54 KB, 500x333
do you ACTUALLY lose muscle on cut? i mean, why would your body want to use muscle as energy when you have a good amount of fat to use?
>>
Muscles require energy to just be present on your body. Even if you're not flexing them, they still consume calories, which your body considers a liability in a state of caloric deficit. Hence the "use it or lose it" rule
>>
Because our endocrine systems were tuned over millions of years where people never had an excess amount of fat

But also, muscle catabolism is overestimated. Most people start to feel weaker when they try to cut, but this is largely a consequence of decreased endurance, not muscle loss
>>
Protip: There's no reason to not use drugs on a cut.
Protip: There's no reason to not use drugs.
>>
>>36450854
If you don't lift and don't eat enough protein during your cut, yes, you will.
>>
>>36450906
My dick is already average size.I can't afford to lose any centimetre
>>
>>36450920
i do lift, but i don't think i get enough protein desu. fuck man, i hate being skinny fat (almost out but still there)
>>
>Hurr durr starvation mode

Daily reminder a sedentary male loses only a pound of muscle on average in a year. You'll be fine not eating for a few months
>>
>>36450934
Then start eating man.
>>
>>36450934
why would you cut as skinny fat??
>>
>>36450965
well, im not completely skinny fat. i do have muscle. im 5'11 182 lbs right now, probably sitting at 15-16% body fat. should i just bulk then?
>>
>>36450939
that makes me feel better, i kind of just want to cut hard as fuck and just get it over with.
>>
>>36450965
You know what skinny fat is? Its the numale body with a bulging ugly belly and skelly rest of the body. If youre actually skinnyfat you wouldnt cut, but you probably misunderstand the term
>>
>>36451517
meant to reply to
>>36450973
>>
>>36450939
Yeah but they don't have that much muscle to begin with, so they're gonna lose less of it, just how when you're really fuckin fat you lose fat way easier than when you're only a little fat
>>
>>36450922
pretty sure your dick stays the same size
your balls just shrink
>>
>>36450854
The fatter you are, the harder you can cut without worrying about losing lean mass. As you become leaner and only have stubborn fat left, the body likes to hold on to that, and at the same time it will look for any chance to get rid of some of that expensive (in terms of energy usage) muscle it has to carry around all the time.
The leaner you get, the more anal you have to be about your training and diet if you want to keep as much muscle as possible. The fatter you are, the less it matters.
>>
>>36450906
can confirm, started using SARMs and lifts shot up like crazy. am now researching roids and will likely make the jump soon.
>>
you can cut 31.5 kcal per kg bodyfat without losing muscle.
source: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15615615

that's why it's easier to keep muscle when you're cutting if you're fat, than it is if you're skinny.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.