[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's wrong with lifting for girls?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6
File: 1430681085890.png (765 KB, 600x901) Image search: [Google]
1430681085890.png
765 KB, 600x901
What's wrong with lifting for girls?
>>
Nothing that's why we all lift
>>
>>36448256

>lifting for girls and not for strength
>>
no one actually gives a shit why you lift the only problem is that tons of people start lifting to impress girls and then stop because it's hard

if you lift for girls and keep at it you've accomplished exactly as much as every other lifter
>>
I think it is bad as a base to lift but as a reward its fine
>>
>>36448230
Most people started lifting for girls, whether they admit it or not. A lot of people keep lifting for other reasons, but we all initially started because of girls.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYlPhFj_3T0
>>
>>36448230
what happens when you get the girl? You stop lifting because you are now content with yourself, and as you become more content with yourself you allow your body and mind to get out of shape.

Que the break up, and you are back to square one, lifting to forget about a girl or get a new one. A never ending cycle of mediocrity that ends in unhappiness and frustration.

Lift for yourself anon, these hoes aint worth it.
>>
Nothing at all. You should use anything and everything as a motvation to improve yourself.
>>
>>36448230
Tbh it's why I still push myself so much. Trying to fill the void in the pursuit of gym progress until I find that perfect cutie. I tell myself I do it because I want to be as strong as possible but that's a lie
>>
>>36448230
>girls
Where do you think we are?
>>
File: image.jpg (269 KB, 680x544) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
269 KB, 680x544
>have gf who I'm embarrassed to be seen in public with

Shit guys. She's super nice but not cute. What do?
>>
>>36448280
Of course I lift for strength. The strength to get girls. C'mon.
>>
>>36448230
The inequality is wrong. You lift for girls. But what do girls do for you? Nothing, because they inherently have more value than you, only due to their stinking bleeding holes. Think about it.
>>
>>36448377
>implying girls care about an lmao3plaet squat
If you wanna look good for girls buy an ab roller and go vegan.
Girls give no shit how much your total is, so either quit lifting for girls or try and achieve something in the gym.
>>
>>36448372
i feel you man.

>gf broke up with me
>still in love with her
>always been kinda close with one of her friends
>shes really cool and i like her attitude
>shes overweight and not cute at all, probably 4 or 5/10 if im being generous
>kinda wanna hit it cause i havent gotten laid in a while
>havent pursued it for obvious reasons
>feel bad about it but lifes not fair
>>
File: image.png (831 KB, 1400x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.png
831 KB, 1400x1000
I lift because I seek to both better myself in my own eyes and in the eyes of my peers. I have a intense hatred of my very being, and despite my abilities to be very charming in conversation and social interactions, I have always have had a low self esteem issue when it came to my physical appearance. I am also incredibly desperate, not in terms of sex (it's kinda gotten stale) but of intimacy with someone. The feel of not being depended upon by someone who cares for you, someone who'll hug you simply because you are there. In a way, I think lifting for significant others is not terrible in of itself, but I think it's a sense of validation to maintain a foundation of confidence that interacting with people requires. A nice physique will only get you so far, but in the end confidence and charisma are just as important, and thus ultimately I'm just trying to gain approval from myself.

TL;DR Lift for your ideal self, getting women or a relationship will generally follow with your new found sense of self
>>
Started cos some gurl but ended going because thanks to fit I can pull some actual weight in a tourisict island full of roiders and I love THAT look they give when they see me loading a plate, then another, then another...

So I actually lift for guys then. No homo I guess.

Also I feel strong now, and given the hundred of options that life can throw to you, beeing a strong male feels nice, and helps a lot in my job (nurse) so I don't need two people to cure a "heavy" patient and I actually get my strenght mired because they see me doing shit like lifting a malnourushed guy with just one hand or managing with a morbid obese guy like its a little girl so my strenght actually shows up itself
>>
>>36448383
That's nature unfortunately. We desire them more than they desire us, so we have to work hard to get into their cunts.
>>
>>36448503
It doesn't need to be like that. Soon we will have artificial wombs.
>>
File: 894798789769865.jpg (143 KB, 776x720) Image search: [Google]
894798789769865.jpg
143 KB, 776x720
>>36448521
and VR waifus
>>
>>36448392
Implying going vegan is easier than lifting
>>
>>36448573
It is though.
Cutting meat, dairy, eggs, etc. out of an already shit diet is way easier than trying to follow a dedicated lifting routine which requires ample programming and effort.
>>
File: 1443746247869.jpg (187 KB, 415x594) Image search: [Google]
1443746247869.jpg
187 KB, 415x594
>>36448503
>We desire them more than they desire us
wrong
>>
>>36448503
What a beta you are, anon.
>>
>>36448503
Dang man, your life sounds, pretty sad.
>>
>>36448307
You didn't answer the question and I don't lift for girls.
>>
>>36448503
Only if you're a dyel faggot is this true
>>
File: 1456936705745.jpg (98 KB, 702x800) Image search: [Google]
1456936705745.jpg
98 KB, 702x800
>>36448503
no. women are entitled here in the USA.
Unless you are an alpha male you will get no pussy.
>>
>>36448372
Same here brother

She's only 18 tho so I still have hope.
>>
>>36449080
Getting laid isn't that hard, jesus dude.
>>
>>36448922
>>36449041
>>36449073
He's kind of right though, it's much more common for a guy to ask a girl out than vice versa. Men are generally the 'pursuers'
>>
>>36449096
Kill yourself my man
>>
>>36449096
I agree, being alpha is pretty easy
but being a beta will never get you pussy which is all i'm trying to say
>>
>>36449080

What makes U.S. women different than women elsewhere? Tell us of your extensive travels and observations senpai
>>
ITT fucking white males
>>
>>36448280
Can I lift for both? Strength, looks (aka girls) and confidence. There really aren't a lot of other reasons.
>>
>>36449162
Divorce rates say a lot about different kinds of people and cultures all around the world or at least that is what I have come to believe.
The divorce rate in america is higher than 50% for a reason. It is a reflection of our culture and value of self
>>
>>36449162
Another Anon chiming in.
Have lived in 3 European countries.
Live in The U.S. now.

The difference is Muricans teach their women that they are special snowflakes, that sex is special, and that they are entitled to everything.

When I was in Germany, sex was about as casual as shaking hands with someone.
I was greatly confused at first, girls that clearly wanted platonic relationships, would just say hey you want to bang?
In Murica a girl don't drop those pants unless she views you as an object for her own motives.
>>
>>36448230
You'll get dumped or some shit and decide lifting ain't worth it.

Then you'll get fat.
>>
>>36448230
Nothing. We also lift for you :^)

Also I started going more to the gym after I got a bf so it's bs what they say that you'll stop once you get the guy/girl.
>>
>>36449622
>When I was in Germany, sex was about as casual as shaking hands with someone.
storytime pls
>>
>>36448912
you might be an exception, but come on dude that's definitely the way it is for the majority of people
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.