[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do I make oatmeal that doesn't taste like shit but isn't
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4
File: oats.jpg (592 KB, 1600x1496) Image search: [Google]
oats.jpg
592 KB, 1600x1496
How do I make oatmeal that doesn't taste like shit but isn't filled with a bunch of unhealthy stuff?
>>
I guess my real question is - what is your guys' favorite way to eat oatmeal
>>
My go to:
>1 part oats, 1 part water, 1 part whole milk
>spoon of peanut butter
>drizzling of honey

inb4 that's unhealthy
>>
>>36440428
Which oats should I be eating? I have rolled oats, but steel cut looks like they'd go down nicer
>>
>1 part oats, 1 part water, 1 part milk
>generous amount of cinnamon
>frozen raspberries
>Optional for some extra sweetness: honey to taste

Tasty as fuck
>>
>>36440428
steel cut, a pinch or two of salt, and a little maple syrup.
>>
>>36440490

That is all preference imo, I eat steel cut but I am somewhat picky about texture
>>
>>36440490
steel cut has a nicer texture imho
>>
>>36440428
Blend rolled Oats + whey + banana + vanilla Essence
>>
>>36440428
put a scoop of whey in it

or one of my secrets, buy sugar free jello/pudding packets and put some in there. some fruit if you want, also. that shit is amazing
>>
>>36440428

Steel Cut and in the last 5 minutes of cooking put a pad of butter in.
>>
File: fit_pancakes.jpg (920 KB, 1184x2932) Image search: [Google]
fit_pancakes.jpg
920 KB, 1184x2932
Pic related.
>>
>>36440578
shit sounds gross desu, jello packet?
>>
>>36440490
steel cut is nice is you have the time, but it does take a while to cook if you are in a rush in the morning. I go with quick oats and 2 scoops of whey in the morning, if I have time I do steel cut and 3 eggs + 1/4 cups of egg white
>>
FROZEN BERRIES

makes your oats nice and colorful too
>>
>>36440695
when do you add eggs in the cooking process?
>>
File: godoats.png (298 KB, 331x328) Image search: [Google]
godoats.png
298 KB, 331x328
>>36440673
that's the brand name, pic related
>>
Stop being a pussy and just eat it with 3.5% milk. Tastes fine like this
>>
>>36440701
I dont put the eggs in the oats, I guess you could put them on after, but that'd be kind of gross IMO, its a pretty bland breakfast but gives you quick energy from the carbs, and lots of protons from the eggs
>>
1 cup cottage cheese, 1 scoop whey, 1/2 cup oats, 1 tbsp honey
>>
>>36440428
Either man the fuck up and eat your goddamned oats or don't, we don't care.
>>
>>36440428
Banana and Greek Yogurt 2bh

Also soak it overnight in just enough milk, the lessy mushy the better.
>>
>>36440428
>add quick oats to water
>microwave
>add honey/ fruit optional
>>
honey, banana, wallnuts
>>
>>36440428
add cinnamon
>>
mix an egg into it.

improves texture 100%

also add sauteed mushrooms and onions, season with salt, pepper and dill. fucking goat breakfast.
>>
>>36440428
honey and strawberries, done
>>
Definitely try overnight oats. I put 1 cup oats, 1 banana cut up, big ass scoop of peanut butter and then fill it up with vanilla almond milk... Tastes better then with real milk
>>
>>36440428
no oats are unhealthy

but if you wan't to minimize the actual amount you have to eat in kcal and volume (like the amount of oats on your plate) while maximizing the amount of nutrients you get, without the having to eat just plain steel cut oats

I'd say 1-2 ratio of steel cut - instant oats. with 5 parts of water (eg 0,5 dl steel cut, 1 dl instant oats, 2,5 dl of water)
>>
>>36442188
2 minutes in microwave that is

and I personally throw in some berries and seeds after microwaving just for taste and good measure. Also by using frozen berries you can eat the oats immediately without having to wait for them to cool down.
>>
200g oats
1L milk
cocoa powder
>>
Add a tablespoon of peanut butter as soon as they come out of the microwave/stovetop. Mix through a few table spoons of greek yoghurt and half a banana. Could also add berries, a spoonfull of honey, nuts. Whatever you fancy bro.
>>
Walnut pieces and craisins. Put both in when you first put water in. Trust me.
>>
>>36440428

>oats
>milk or water
>microwave
>>
>>36440428
I eat that shit raw with no flavoring or water/milk. It's okay senpai
>>
Make a flatbread:
Oats + water, puree and let it swell up a bit, then put it in the oven.
>>
Tbh, i actually started eating my "own" version of oats. i take 2 DL of quark/greek yogurt, and then i add 2-3 DL of oats and some honey. You can add raising, bananas nuts, muesli or anything else you want aswell. Then you just mix it into a thick paste. Tastes way better and is just as filling
>>
it's called sugar retart
>>
File: 1452938035517.jpg (127 KB, 601x1011) Image search: [Google]
1452938035517.jpg
127 KB, 601x1011
>>36440428
>1 1/2 cup pays
>1 1/2 cup milk
>tablespoon of cinnamon
>teaspoon of honey
>>
>>36440428
>Take fine rolled oats or steel cut oats
>add milk
>add frozen berries
>add a tea spoon of low fat cocoa powder
>make black forest oat meal

There. This is what my family eats every single day for breakfast.
You can bulk on that. You can cut on that. You can maintain on that.
The only thing that changes in portion sized.
>>
I use coconut sugar instead of regular white sugar. There's virtually no difference in taste but it's a lot less processed.
>>
>>36440428
>mash bananas in a bowl
>add oats and mix
>add peanut butter and mix

ACTUALLY tastes good. No milk and no cooking at all.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.