[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey fat fits it's trolly fat anon from earlier who was asking
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: 91l1+K3sK1L[1].jpg (788 KB, 1956x2560) Image search: [Google]
91l1+K3sK1L[1].jpg
788 KB, 1956x2560
Hey fat fits it's trolly fat anon from earlier who was asking for advice on strength programs.

I started SS today, completing the following:

3x5 back squat @ 135lb, thighs parallel to ground
1x5, 2x4 overhead press @ 60lb
3x5 deadlift at 95lb

how did I do? I honestly felt like I was going to fucking faint at the end. I think the weights I selected were correct for my current level, except possibly the OHP which I'll just do again with the same weight in 2 days.

Wrist strap quickly proved itself invaluable, deadlifting much less painful than before.
>>
>>36437044
work on your deadlift, stop using a wrist strap and strengthen your grip.
>>
>>36437089
i broke every bone in my right hand years ago, and have since broken one of my fingers again twice. I need it unfortunately.
>>
Lower the weight and go deeper on those squats, son. You want your balls between your ankles.

But good work getting started. Keep it up.
>>
>>36437162
I have a very torn PCL in my left knee (never got surgery) so i was actually wondering about this-- if i should attempt to start low or build strength first and go low.

i think it may help me more to build some muscle first and then try to go lower. the instability is readily apparent.
>>
>>36437044
You probably were not squatting to depth.
>>
>>36437162
oh, btw, thanks.
>>
>>36437162
>Lower the weight and go deeper on those squats, son. You want your balls between your ankles.
what this guy said
also beginner - got up to 215 then realized I've been doing a pseudo-front squat and form wasnt stable enough
went back down to 185 and did proper form, fuck my inner legs
>>
>>36437196
does anyone have a similar knee injury or professional knowledge/input on this? I think I am going to focus on strengthening my VM/VMO before I try to go much deeper than parallel
>>
I have long femur (29 height-femur ratio), how do I achieve Deep squat without leaning to much?
>>
>>36437342
Strenghten Your VMO trough deeper squats. Also Peterssen squats.
>>
>>36437162
>Balls between ankles

I know this is hyperbole, but i'd disagree. You want to go as deep as possible WHILE MAINTAINING GOOD FORM. There's no point in going ATG if you also take your ass to snap city because of it.
>>
>>36437342
I do. Get knee sleeves (at least on for the fucked knee), rehbands are alright. you don't need the 5mm ones, the 3mm are ok and probably chaper/comfier.
Work on your mobility first until your technique is solid. Squatting for weight with an imbalance like that and poor technique is a really good way to fuck yourself up for good, and ypu're going to need the knee to walk for the rest of your life too.
>>
>>36437379
will check out that variant thx

>>36437420
i have bought 4 different knee sleeves and none of them fit. they all just roll down, roll up, won't stay on, etc etc...i'll check that brand but i don't have money for anything like that right now
>>
>>36437439
If the ones you have are too loose you can wear them on top of your sweatpants until you bulk up
>>
>>36437593
they're not too loose. i have relatively big legs and the sizes simply don't fit. everything is made cheapyl and there's simply no way for them to stay on without straps. i feel like i need the ones with actual metal parts or something
>>
>>36437342
I think the best advice is go see a fucking doctor unless "very torn PCL" is a self diagnosis. If it is self diagnosed, then you're either a pussy or and idiot
>>
>>36437364
Shove knees out
>>
Not OP but isnt lowbar full depth squats near impossible without extreme rounding?
>>
File: 1455858415293.jpg (25 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1455858415293.jpg
25 KB, 225x225
>>36437044
>SS
>3x5 deadlift
>taking the squat depth comments seriously too
CAUSE BOOKS ARE FOR NERDS, AMIRITE?
>>
>>36440732
Depends on your build, i guess. I can do it, but i also have to remain much more upright during a lowbar squat than most people, otherwise i tip over forward.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.