[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /fit/ any of you cut your own hair? i want to learn how to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: hair-clipper-1[1].jpg (43 KB, 642x406) Image search: [Google]
hair-clipper-1[1].jpg
43 KB, 642x406
hey /fit/ any of you cut your own hair?
i want to learn how to do a sign fade on my self but im kinda confused about the open and closed mode on the clips. if you close the clipper, does it cut shorter than when you have it open.

so if want a fade between 1 and 2 guard i have to cut my hair with the guard #2 with clipper closed. than create a line with clipper 1 closed. than open it and go over it for a fade?

im watching youtube vids and im getting kinda confused with all this open closed shit
>>
How about you take this to a relevant board?
>>
>>36436906
which one would that be.

this is my home board
>>
>>36436927
Take this to fa
>>
>>36436957
thx senpai
>>
>>36436891
this is just asking to get your shit fucked up
>>
>>36436891

every 3 or 4 days i shave my head, but I'm balding
>>
I get my mom to cut my hair. 100% srs. Cutting it yourself is just asking for trouble.
>>
>>36437314
my moms retarded. one time i asked her to fix the back she fucked my shit up. she cant even cut in a straight line. i cut everything pretty well, just the back left side is hard as shit
>>
File: il_570xN.897015669_6a2k.jpg (45 KB, 570x428) Image search: [Google]
il_570xN.897015669_6a2k.jpg
45 KB, 570x428
>>36436891

I cut my hair since years and years. People dont believe me i do it myself because i have 10/10 perfectly buzzed hair that looks like i came fresh out of barber.

You need "triple mirrors" if thats the right term. Like pic related.
>>
Girl who cuts my hair spent the night last saturday and hasn't had what could be called a full conversation with me since, so I very well may be cutting my own hair soon.
>>
>>36438312

can u answer this question tho. closing the grid (when the guard is close to the razor) makes it cut shorter or longer?

or when its open (when the metal guard is out and away from the razor) it cuts shorter
>>
>>36438372
Im non-murican and my buzzer doesnt work this way. So i seriously have no idea what you are talking about.

Maybe show me a video of it in action, i might help.
>>
>>36438312
I've cut my own hair too, luckily a bit of sloppiness seems to be in. I trimmed my gay buddy's hair for him and all his style whore friends were asking him what salon he got it done at. Felt pretty good.
>>
>>36436891
i cut my own hair, if you're just starting out you better be prepared to buzz it because there's a very high chance you'll fuck it up

but if that's fine then go for it
>>
>>36438372
not him but when you close the clipper you have to bring the lever towards the INSIDE of your clippers. when you want to open it, pull the lever towards the OUTSIDE of your clippers.

when it's closed, the blade cuts closer/shorter. when it's open the clippers cut a little longer
>>
File: c085e7bfa9[1].jpg (177 KB, 1181x687) Image search: [Google]
c085e7bfa9[1].jpg
177 KB, 1181x687
>>36438408
here look

which one of these is considered "closed" and which one is "open" and which one custs closer/shorter and which one leaves longer hair

thats all i need to know about fading
>>
>>36438466

Yeah this confused me too in the beginning.
Left pic is closed.

Basically, if you put the buzzer on your head like in this pic >>36436891
it will make no difference in cutting length. Think about it. Imagine the hair running thourhg that. It only adds a slight delay to the cutting, nothing more.

It will ONLY make a difference when you keep the buzzer in a vertical position. Or to be more specific, in the opposite position like pic >>36436891

So imagine flipping over that buzzer, having it opened like in your comparison pic and keeping the lower blade away from your scalp. Only the upper blades touch the scalp and only the "tip" of that upper blade touches the scalp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlTE1jhz_-4

1:29 in that video. See how he holds the buzzer? Thats what i mean.

I consider that autistic fine-tuning though

Disclaimer: Everything i said might be bullsht, /fa/ fags feel free to correct me.
>>
>>36438466
left is closed, right is open
>>
>>36438593
> posting onision videos

but everyone wgo does fading opens/closes and cuts upwards not that retarded on its side shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ii9IV8Z352k&feature=iv&src_vid=lHnQxyo8XEY&annotation_id=annotation_1523264527

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gTd2YWzAqQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6XorzI0pQQ
>>
>>36436891
Yeah I just use a trimmer with a 1 inch (25 mm) guard

Can't go wrong senpai
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.