[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/fit/ who wasted years without making gainz, what did you do wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: 15.jpg (39 KB, 500x434) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
39 KB, 500x434
/fit/ who wasted years without making gainz, what did you do wrong?
>>
>>36434219
forgot to eat.
>>
>>36434219
Didn't diet properly
>>
I'll post because why not

Started lifting in 07 when I was 15, but did bro splits and didn't eat well, constantly lifted since then but only about a year or 2 ago started strength training and eating correctly

Aesthetically I look pretty dam good, better than any of my friends but my strength is pleb tier by /fit/ standards

Can't help but wonder how much better I would look if I bulked and cut from day 1, oh well
>>
Convinced myself I was more special than others and bought into "elite" labels when I started at 19yrs.

Fucked around with direction-less bullshit I'd find on bodybuilding.com, with Crossfit, with SEALfit, etc. Anything that made me feel like I was doing what others thought was hard. Took a while to get over dem self esteem/insecurity issues.

Nutrition info was derived from mags and quick Google searches. Didn't get on point w/macros and start a good program until late-2013. I had been "lifting" since 2006.

Feels bad to have wasted that time, but conversely: it did lead me to eventually figuring out what works and doesn't. So I'm happy where I am, just sometimes wish I didn't have such a thick skull
>>
File: sadfrogpepememeof9gag.png (225 KB, 2400x2400) Image search: [Google]
sadfrogpepememeof9gag.png
225 KB, 2400x2400
>>36434219
1 year with shitty progression working out at home.
Made more strength gains in a couple of months at Jim than I did in that whole year.
>>
>>36434219
was 15, trained 6-7 times a week on a brosplit for half a year, started doing al the supps because I couldnt make any gains
fucking misinformation from druggies man, its shit
>>
>>36434226
>forgot
How
>>
>>36434453
just forgot bruh.
>>
>>36434219
Only did arms twice a week.
Didn't maintain a schedule. Didn't take it seriously.
I work out 5 times a week now.
>>
>didn't bulk enough
>shitty strength gains
>lost motivation
>repeat
I got out of ottermode at 170lbs 5'11 low bf but I just wanted to get stronk. finally got my bulk in check now. I used to get sever stomach pains from bulking, cut out the foods that caused it. took some time because I always took a few months off after. back at 165 lbs now, gains are still going steady.
>>
>>36434219
Didnt work out consistently. Skipped weeks at a time sometimes, I barely maintained my strength and didnt make any gains.
>>
>>36434338

Think I am heading down this route, maybe I should also visit Jim.
>>
>>36434219
I made 1/3 of my noob gains in the first 3 and then coasted through several failed cut and recomp cycles for 18 months as a DYEL
>>
>>36434613
If you can afford it I'd say 100% do it. I really think I wasted more money on Sups while making little gains at home than the Jim membership cost to make good gains.
>>
>>36434219
Is scoobz actually retarded?
>>
Been working out for like 2 years and barely made any gains. I'm not consistent enough (skip too many workouts)
>>
Chronic stress and fucked up sleep from depression. Calisthenics and body weight training instead of liftan
>>
Alcoholism, I don't recommend it.
>>
>>36434453
It happens, man
>>
>>36434219
I didn't get on T
>>
>>36434219
I was drinking heavily every night the first year of lifting. My lifts went from
Bench 135x1 to 185x3
Squat 135x5 to 185x3
Deadlift 225x5 to 275 x5
During that time. Now I've completely stopped drinking and my lifts feel like they're going up by the day
>>
My sleeping schedule and habits were shit.
>>
Didn't eat enough. Wasn't consistent enough on work outs and switching programs too often resulted in slow and stalled progress.

Mainly didn't eat enough calories. GOMAD skelly bros and weight your food.
>>
>>36435791
He's an engineer that's made his own plane, what have you done?
>>
My first year I was a complete bench a curl bro, and didn't eat nearly enough even though I was already scrawny as a toothpick so I missed out on lots of noob gains /: also didn't learn how to properly program or use progressive overload until a few years in, fuck me right? It's okay I'm on roids now and am making up for all the noob gains I missed out on
>>
me, I worked out so hard in high school the football coach let me work out with the football team during weightlifting practice even though i was not on the team, i learned to squat and press and everything

did that shit for years, basically exactly right

it somehow never occurred to me to eat more than about 1800 cals a day though

fuck what a waste
>>
>>36435791
No he's just a dork.
>>
File: 1431388673484.jpg (150 KB, 797x957) Image search: [Google]
1431388673484.jpg
150 KB, 797x957
>>36434219
Let me give you a rundown

>be interested in lifting for years
>adhd + spergs
>sperg out when it comes to planning things
>not sure how to sort my life out
>nervous breakdown
>stop trying

I have no idea how to set up a schedule or organizing my shit, so, I fail at making gains. I've lost weight fairly easily before though.
>>
Not eating enough of the proper food. Once I plateaued I got frustrated and stopped lifting. Now I've lost almost all my gains and I'm just working back into it with better nutrition.
>>
>>36434219
>was a kissless virgin in highschool
>thought going to the gym twice a week would make me swole
>>
>>36434219

Started a few years back when I was a junior in high school, took a weight training class and in senior year as well. I actually built an otter body and my proportions/genetics made me look better than I actually was. I didn't diet properly and didn't have a solid, progressive routine. It didn't matter very much cause I was known for my otter body which got high school qt's wet, but I was still pissed I wasn't getting big. I'm now in my 2nd year of college and am just starting to make real gains
>>
>>36439824

>I have no idea how to set up a schedule or organizing my shit, so, I fail at making gains.

This was my problem as well anon

It's a combination of studying good routines by professional lifters, and by studying your body, seeing which muscles need work the most compared to others, devising rep ranges and sets off of your maxes, ect.. I would recommend trying to create a 3 day split with Upper body, Legs, and Back but everyone's different

Once you form a good routine and STICK with it you will gain
>>
>>36439895
>I would recommend trying to create a 3 day split with Upper body, Legs, and Back

So roughly gym 3 times a week?
>>
>>36439933

>roughly

This mentality won't cut it

You have to remain consistent, but 3 days is a good routine to follow

example; Monday, Wednesday, Friday

The days can vary depending on how long your recovery is

My routine as of now is Back/Deadlift day Monday, Upper Body Tuesday, and Friday is Leg day since deadlifts can take a while to recover from
>>
>>36440007
Well I mean I figured upper body, legs and back. One day for each I figure is the proper approach?
>>
>>36434226
>>36434464
>>36435893
>>36437662
That feel.
I started eating and gained 25 lbs in 8 months, 15 of which I got rid of on my first cut. It was awesome watching my body transform. In the 12 months since that first cut started Im back to pre-cut weight and pretty solid.
Just wish I didnt wait 22 years to start lifting, thankfully my I was "raised" as a newbie to focus on compound lifts and have strict form.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.