[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Have read the sticky >Actually didn't need to because
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /fit/ - Fitness

Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 14
>Have read the sticky
>Actually didn't need to because have degree in exercise science, 10 years of weightlifting in my past, and a bunch of books on the subject (delavier is your god)
>simply can't get started because of information/program overload

Somebody give me a basic weightlifting program to do. I used to be pretty reasonably fit and muscular but I have lost it all after getting very sick years ago and then becoming sedentary.

I have a different problem than most people..I have the knowledge but I'm just overwhelmed and I simply want someone to tell me "Do this". Tell me what to do. I'll do it.
>>
>10 years of weightlifting in my past, and a bunch of books on the subject

fuck off.
>>
>be op
>lie about reading the sticky
Nice work op.
See that dinosaur running around at the top of the front page? Click it and READ
>>
>>36433160
it's not that I can't put together my own program, it's that I'm older and knowledge has advanced. I want to use a well-respected contemporary program.
>>
if you have been lifting for 10 years and still dont know what to do im not sure anyone can help you at that point.
>>
>>36433161
you didn't read my post. I read the sticky. My education encompasses 99% of the knoweldge in the sticky. I am telling you to tell me to do a specific program like "starting strength" that I've heard about becuase I want to use one of these well respected new programs.

Please don't be mad that I'm university educated on a subject that you have to struggle through wikipedia links about.
>>
>>36433180
I had lifted for 10 years 10 years ago. To repeat myself for the third time, I want to use a popular contemporary program because I think technique/programs have advanced and are more efficient than they were in the past.

wow, you guys are hopeless. half of you responding have never even lifted
>>
>>36433145
oh and i should be clear that im not asking you to make me a program im telling somebody to tell me the fucking name of a program that is considered good like starting strength. fuck's sake, you guys are worse than /v/ with your infantile "i refuse to help anyone ever wannh" shit. I could be a boon to this board if i chose to stay around because most of you have no academic knowledge of health fitness.
>>
>>36433145
>>36433192
the human anatomy has not changed for thousands of years what worked b4 will work now.

try the scooby free workout planner tbf its pretty good

your an ass hole
>>
>>36433183
>>36433192
>>36433202
do SS or stronlifts
Im sure you can pull it of with your infinite wisdom that you obtained lifting for 10 years.
>>
>>36433170
what in the fuck kind of autistic reasoning is this?
>>
>>36433145
3 days a week

Axbcaxxbxaxbxx

A
Squat 3x5
Bench 3x5
Bent over row 3x5
Pullups 3xf

B
Overhead press 3x5
Diddylifts 1x5
Dips 3xf

2 warm up sets before the 3 working sets.

Full body stretch afterward.
>>
>>36433202
what do u expect

>i fkn know it all
>please help my fat ass
>>
>>36433222
Thanks that's all I wanted someone to say I am going to do SS anyway.

Lifting for 10 years was not meant to be braggadocio. I am simply older than the vast majority of you here. Why do you think I asked the fucking question? Because I see people getting better gains in 2 years now than I did in 10. That's mostly a dedication issue, but anyway.
>>
>>36433231
simply stating that i'm in a different position than many people who come here asking a similar question.

just wanted someone to tell me the name of a well respected contemporary program like SS. now a 15 post thread of shitposting. good job fit.
>>
>>36433245
>good job fit

yh because this is threadworthy you peice of shit

ss is in the sticky
>>
>>36433226
Pretty solid reasoning senpai. Anon just wants to know a new program to get back in the game.
>>
>>36433236
>braggadocio
Are you fucking serious m8
>>
>>36433258
there might be another program like SS that is good. Guess what else is in the sticky? dead links. fuck yourself.
>>
File: 1458081062108.png (456 KB, 804x876) Image search: [Google]
1458081062108.png
456 KB, 804x876
>>36433145

>read sticky
>10 years of wl

>give me program

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>36433263
>you can't use words i don't know

S T O P

I'm going to do SS! yay! time to go buy some flat shoes.

can anyone recommend some flat shoes? ;))
>>
>>36433265
yh PPL like the fucking oldern days

if u want it just fucking go and get it

you shouldn't need fucking spoon feeding u want me to lift the weight for you too FINE i will
>>
>>36433145
So you're basically saying you are too smart to figure out a program on your own?
>>
>>36433285
people work in different ways. i'm a person who could have 10 days to do something and not do it, and if a person came and said "HEY fucking do this" i'd do it immediately

a lot of people like this are in a lot worse shape than i am. everyone knows motivation is the single biggest issue with health fitness.
>>
>>36433306
No, that I have too much disparate knowledge and it would be more effective/efficient to use a program that is well-regarded for its qualities.

If you don't think typical weightlifting programs have evolved in the past 10 years you are simply wrong. The proliferation of knowledge has clearly led to more people getting easily higher levels of fitness than in recent modern times.
>>
>>36433183
>Please don't be mad that I'm university educated on a subject that you have to struggle through wikipedia links about.

If this was actually true then YOU should be telling US what program to do, not the other way around. So, therefore, this is not true and you are 100% confirmed to be a huge autistic faggot.
>>
>>36433309
>single biggest issue with health fitness
false advertising
bad fatty foods on sale
people rewarding them selfs with food like dogs
fake nattys

biggest problem is people don't care or have a clue what their putting in the face
>>
>>36433330
I can tell you about much deeper topics than weightlifting programs. I wouldn't dare tell people who are far more fit than me how to lift weights.

in most cases. Do you guys ever see those dudes at the gym who are swoll as fuck but have terrible form? how does that happen
>>
>>36433336
what you eat wouldn't matter so much for most people if they would simply get up and walk. lack of exercise is a bigger issue than poor diet, because lack of exercise compounds the problems of poor diet. and lack of exercise is a motivation issue.
>>
>>36433245
If all you wanted was a recommendation for a beginner's program, then why was your background relevant?
>>
>>36433359
i don't know. perhaps there is a better beginner program for people who are familiar with a wide range of exercises etc. for instance i did trx the other day at the gym
>>
>>36433192

my sister hadnt had a shower that day, neither had I. she was wearing a bathing suit thats why she enjoyed every minute of it. my mother signed us up for this underwater weighing thing.

as I said, I didn't take a shower that day.
>>
Oh, I'll ask one real good question since there are probably some people still here to bitch at me.

I broke my right hand really bad years ago, broke every bone. When I do deadlifts it feels like my hand is coming apart. If I use straps I feel like I will embarrass my fucking self because people will be like "huh huh look at the guy deadlifting 2pl8 with straps"

Is there any other good suggestion for this issue or should i just be a strap wearing faggot
>>
>>36433400
>ask a good question instead of a shitty one
>tumbleweeds instead of shitposts

i hate you guys, i'm going to come here from now on so that you are forced to deal with my shitposts also
>>
I'll just answer his fucking question
OP, PPL has been popularized by a forum user named coolcicada and is currently one of the hot new shits. Push/Pull/Leg/P/P/L/rest. I like it senpai
>>
>>36433445
Thank you, this is exactly what I was asking for. Do you have any input on my other question >>36433400
>>
>>36433400
You care more about others perception of you than your own health?
>>
>>36433202
>the sticky tells me to do this
>tell me what to do pls

Fuck off nigger. The reason we have a sticky is to inform people of what they're gonna be told when they ask basic questions that we can't have a thread about every damn minute.
>>
>>36433464
no, it just does make me self conscious. i always laugh at the people swishing their legs on the elliptical on level 0 and shit, i don't want to look like one of those guys.

guess it doesn't matter. i just don't have any confidence anymore after getting fat and gooey looking
>>
>>36433500
Yeah I know what you mean. I used knee sleeves for a while because of some bad knee pain for four months and I'm not even squatting two plates. Side effects of medications. But no one really cared and my form is better than most people in my gym. In the end I decided it was better to put on the sleeves and not worry about others because I didn't want to jeopardize my joints further.
>>
This is either top quality bait or OP is an absolute mouthbreathing retard. I think I'll save this thread so I can shitpost with it in future.
>>
File: vomiting noises.jpg (130 KB, 500x863) Image search: [Google]
vomiting noises.jpg
130 KB, 500x863
jesus christ..what happened? it didn't used to be this way.

I'm so tired of this shit, bros. This is the last time I ever look like this. I'm gonna make it.
>>
>Tell me what to do. I'll do it.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>36433546
thanks as a long time 4chan user it is an esteemed thing to be made into pasta
>>
File: Screenshot_20160317-225751.png (535 KB, 1440x2560) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160317-225751.png
535 KB, 1440x2560
>8fit programs alternating tue/thur/sat
>strong lifts 5x5 alternating mon/wed/fri
>sunday: relax
>eat healthy
>sleep properly
>take care of skin
>take care of hair
>iron your clothes for work
>wear a tie if you're able to
>keep your apartment clean
>take care of your cat

That's my routine. I started SL last week, will hit 75lbs for everything but deadlifts (105) today. Started 8fit yesterday and will keep that going. I've been a skinny fag who got put on a few pounds extra because I was a lazy faggot who just played vidya all day.

I think my routine would work for you, with respect to exercise.
>>
>>36433577
thanks for the input. good luck with your gainz, good start so far.
>>
>>36433590

Good luck with your routine too!
>>
>>36433145
You want a weightlifting program as in oly? Do you want a hypertrophy program? Do you want a strength program?
>>
>>36433550
>just measured my biceps
>15 inches
pretty good for a guy who hasnt worked out in a dogs age eh? prooooobably closer to 14 if i were less overweight.

though i think i'd trade to have been born skeletonmode without bitch tits.
>>
>>36433192

What the fuck do you mean by a "popular contemporary program"? Is this a fucking troll? Are you looking for a meme like Crossfit?

The shit that worked ten years ago still works now. Do you think the book on how to train was completely rewritten in the past decade you nonce?
>>
>>36433604
functional strength/hypertrophy. i think SS is a good place for me to start and i'm just going to fill in other days with stuff to target general fitness, aerobic etc.
>>
>>36433202
Well wheb someone spouts that they have a degree in kinesiology and asks for a program made up for them of course /fit/ is going to have a laff m8. Your asking for it. Something tells me you don't even know what weightlifting/oly lifting is since you asked for a program like SS.
>>
>>36433319
>weightlifting programs
Want to know how I know that you don't know fuck all about lifting
>>
>>36433656
we don't use the term kinesiology anymore, it's outdated.

did you know it's 100% impossible to find any job related to this degree if you only have a bachelors? now you know. don't ever let anyone you know do it unless you know they have the wherewithal to become a PT or something.
>>
>>36433398
Ah, vintage copypasta

You have fine taste anon
>>
>>36433677
spare me, kid. I know this may bother you or come as a shock to you, but not everyone here is interested in turning everything into an endless argument or "proving" themselves. I've been bitched out by people who are aeons more important in the world than you. *flick cigarette in your face*
>>
>>36433645
Well SS is purely for strength and linear progression every week. I'd start off with that until you hit 4 pl8 deadlift 3 pl8 skwaat 2 pl8 binch and 1 pl8 military press. Than I'd move onto something like 5/3/1 BBB as that's a routine that is based off of strength but also gives you hypertrophy with the accessories.
>>
File: 1455312023450.jpg (44 KB, 519x533) Image search: [Google]
1455312023450.jpg
44 KB, 519x533
>>36433688

finally someone noticed it
>>
>>36433192
>>36433245

OP do Jim Stoppani's 6-week shortcut to shred. HE is all natty and got jacked on that program.
I have run it three times and lately I have been looking thick, solid and tight (15).

Highly Recommend.
Dont listen to the naysayers.
>>
>>36433739
i'm OP and i noticed it the moment you posted it. I'm sorry I didn't validate you on your good pasta choice

good shit go౦ԁ sHit thats some goodshit rightthere rightthere if i do ƽaү so my self i say so thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷM HO0OଠOOOOOOଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ Good shit
>>
>>36433170
> I want to use a well-respected contemporary program
so you came to /fit/...
>>
>>36433690
Then what are you doing here? Someone as important as you shouldn't be on 4chan asking for advice
>>
>>36433747
Thanks, I plan to integrate a series of programs and take pictures every day of my progression etc. Probably gonna do a blog or something. So I'll check that out too.
>>
>>36433145
What book is that pic from? It's been driving me nuts for like a month trying to remember the title.
>>
>>36433771
i was just hoping using an asterisk emote would totally set that guy off but it didnt work
>>
>>36433747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_tRXst5T2vk
>>
>>36433784
So it's strength training anatomy for anyone else who care I image searched. That book is godly tho
>>
>>36433784
Strength Training Anatomy, Frederic Delavier

One of the single best resources I've found in all my years. He has several books now and they're all great
>>
Sounds like p90x is perfect for op. Don't forget your shakeolgy
>>
>>36433749
OP, if this thread is b8, you have commit far too much time and energyfor it to have been a profitable exercise. I think you are trolling yourself
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-03-18-17-30-59.png (1 MB, 1080x1920) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-03-18-17-30-59.png
1 MB, 1080x1920
>>36433262
You're more of a mongoloid than OP.
>>
>>36433145
>10 years of weightlifting
>overwhelmed by knowledge of exercise science
Hardly even a science
You guys struggle to pass gen chem
This is good b8
>>
>>36433145
>ABA day 1
>BAB day 2
>ABA day 3

>supplement with cardio, or any other physical hobbies you have on day 4-5
>choose which days a week you want to rest for 6-7
>change aba/bab based off what you want to look like.

not sure what the issue is here.
>>
>>36433871
not the thread itself.

i knew people would be unhappy when i posted the thread. i also knew that i was asking a different question than what they thought, and i would probably get good answers anyway.

i have gotten good answers. do you think i am unhappy?

people here will always bitch and moan, you didnt read the sticky, etc...if something says read directions i read directions, without fail, its how i work. i just wanted personal opinions and input too.
>>
How long ago did you graduate op and from where?

And be honest, was it really just a kinesiology degree?
>>
>>36433145
>>36433170
>>36433183
>>36433192
>>36433202
>tell me what to do
-GTFO
-Fuck off
-Kys
Any of those will do.

>>36433236
You forgot to tip your fedora, faggot. Don't come back. We don't need ANOTHER fat neckbeard who doesn't lift giving "advice".
>>
>>36433956
So you're a classic shitstarter and unpleasant person.
>>
>>36433958
University of South Carolina, past 10 years.

And no, kinesiology is outdated. "Exercise science" includes focus on some subjects that are not a part of kinesiology, like social psychology of exercise, epidemiology, etc.

It was pushed a lot in my program that the psychosocial factors of exercise and health are quickly being discovered as some of the most important ones (people with fat friends get fat, etc)

A bachelor's degree is 100% utterly useless. You can only get entry-level jobs with a masters or higher. I may go to become a PT or OT assistant.
>>
>>36433730
This
>>
File: 1333716829707.jpg (232 KB, 1280x850) Image search: [Google]
1333716829707.jpg
232 KB, 1280x850
>>36433998
u mad bruh?

>>36434004
probably correct on both counts. I still end up getting what I want. World works in curious ways, doesn't it?
>>
God damn this is effective bait. Op is actually making me a bit angry.
>>
>>36434065
Being unpleasant and a shitstarter has nothing to do with getting what you want, so no, it's not really curious.
>>
>>36434091
it's completely not bait whatsoever, i even posted a picture of my disgusting, flabby, fat body. I expected to be destroyed but nobody even said a mean thing to me. wtf guys this isn't tumblr

I think the thread is pretty much done now
>>
>>36433145
>degree in exercise science,
>gib me Routine

Something went horribly wrong
>>
>>36434159
would you believe there were a few morbidly obese people, including one girl who was easily 400lb, had to have custom seats installed in the classrooms for her.

I always felt disgusted even though I feel like I should have felt proud of her. I wonder how she's doing now.
>>
>>36434055
You know noone will take you on as a pt if you don't actually look the part right?
Also op this>>36433730
>>
>>36433956
What has this thread given you that reading the sticky didn't? Are you that much of a mindless drone hat you need the permission of an anonymous Sicillian Telescope Trading website to start exercising?
You are the definition of a betacuck
>>
>>36433898
>taking the b8
>>
File: 1453303655471.gif (2 MB, 230x250) Image search: [Google]
1453303655471.gif
2 MB, 230x250
>this entire thread
>mfw reading it
>>
>>36433145
So after your degree and "10 years of lifting" you still don't know the very basics of weightlifting and can't be bothered to read the sticky?

You're either a liar or an actual retard. Either way fuck off.
>>
>>36433282
I usually go with the flat ones
>>
>>36433170
THEN READ THE FUCKING STICKY
>>
>>36433345
Having terrible form doesn't always bar you from making gains. It just means you have a higher chance of visiting snap city
>>
>>36433145
You do realize this is exactly what the sticky is for right?
>>
>>36433383
>TRX
Pls b trole
>>
>>36433433
Maybe because we can't tell you whether your hand is okay or not over the internet, faggot? Go talk to a fucking doctor.
>>
>>36434863
that's actually not true at all, but it's not my intent to go either

>>36435562
yeah in the end like i said motivation matters more than anything. i mean, conan got swoll pushing a big thing around in a circle for like 15 years. that's not even a good exercise

>>36435585
my hand is fine, of course i went to a doctor. I was asking about straps, not my hand. read to comprehend

how come a bunch of people came in and shitposted after the thread was already totally dead for over an hour? oh, that's funny, it started happening RIGHT after school gets out on the east coast :))
>>
File: SLAB.png (53 KB, 1410x417) Image search: [Google]
SLAB.png
53 KB, 1410x417
pull up/chin up are alternating
>>
File: 1454112290966.gif (3 MB, 525x464) Image search: [Google]
1454112290966.gif
3 MB, 525x464
>>36433145
You just want someone to say SS + GOMAD don't you
>>
File: gtfo.jpg (57 KB, 650x650) Image search: [Google]
gtfo.jpg
57 KB, 650x650
>10 years experience and knowledge
>doesn't know where to start

nice b8 m8
>>
>>36433145
Alex nigro?
Thread replies: 101
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.